Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

Fassel's team had finished the previous season decimated, with a dozen players on the injured reserve list and three others sitting out the final few games.</P>

"I'm aware of the injury factor, the number of IRs, which is a cancer, let's face it," Coughlin said then. "It's something that has to be corrected. It's a mental thing, I believe, as much as anything else."</P>

Karma surely has a vindictive side, because Coughlin's tenure has been haunted by key injuries virtually every year. In his very first season as coach, despite all the preseason conditioning programs, 18 of his players finished the season on the IR. This year, of course, the team has been devastated by injuries to defensive backs, to Justin Tuck, to Osi Umenyiora and Travis Beckum.</P>

Fassel, who has won successive titles coaching the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, no longer stews over Coughlin's comments and takes no particular joy in the Giants' current state of affairs. But he still believes there is little a coach can do to prevent injuries once a game begins.</P>

"In practice, that's a different ballgame, you can be cautious how many times we hit and give the guys a rest," Fassel said. "But then the games start and sometimes you're injury-free, sometimes you're decimated.</P>

"It also depends on where the injuries come. You can replace one guy, but you can't replace a position. When I was coaching the Giants we lost eight offensive linemen and four corners, then you've lost a position. I was in seven-man protections, just trying to protect Kerry Collins as much as possible."</P>

Coughlin has been particularly hard hit in the defensive backfield and at the receiver positions, where the injuries have piled on to previous free agent defections.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="bigblue4417"]"I thought he was commanding in the huddle. I thought he was decisive in
    his reads and I thought he gained a lot of respect from his teammates
    by the way he played that football game," defensive coordinator Perry
    Fewell said of Herzlich.

I hope the kids brings his A game tonight.
    [/quote]

i thought Herz played a REALLY good game last week but im not sure how effective he is going ot be vs a team that throws 2-1 in comparison to run
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Who is this chick Stephanie Ruzicka on FB. I know she's a poster but does anyone know her screen name?[/quote]
    I'm not sure but she runs ALOT
    [/quote] Runs her mouth ?
    [/quote]
    LMAO no, like she actually runs. She does marathons and **** and is always training. The girl is the size of a toothpick.
    [/quote]Ah

Chad Jones will lead the Giants on the field tonight. That is pretty cool.

Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]got an inside tidbit from "MY SOURCE":

Giants had a FLATTTT week of practice and everybody seems down.

this has Packers gaeme from last year written all over it
    [/quote]</p>

Don't worry, Eli will get the 7 points he needs to beat you.</p>

And I'm not surprised at all. The team is sick of TC and he is not able to motivate them. I'm telling you...<font color="#0000FF">he should have been dumped after the '09 season.</font></p>[/quote]
    Byron has been saying the same thing.
    [/quote]

hindsight was 20/20. The injuries KILLED our defense and we just werne't able to compete - especially with the schedule
    [/quote]maybe the players on defense hate the scheme. maybe its not tc, maybe its his subordinates. either way something needs to change. but if we fire tc, i expect growing pains with a new coach, and i pray we dont have another coordinator like fewell.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Fassel's team had finished the previous season decimated, with a dozen players on the injured reserve list and three others sitting out the final few games.</p>

"I'm aware of the injury factor, the number of IRs, which is a cancer, let's face it," Coughlin said then. "It's something that has to be corrected. It's a mental thing, I believe, as much as anything else."</p>

Karma surely has a vindictive side, because Coughlin's tenure has been haunted by key injuries virtually every year. In his very first season as coach, despite all the preseason conditioning programs, 18 of his players finished the season on the IR. This year, of course, the team has been devastated by injuries to defensive backs, to Justin Tuck, to Osi Umenyiora and Travis Beckum.</p>

Fassel, who has won successive titles coaching the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, no longer stews over Coughlin's comments and takes no particular joy in the Giants' current state of affairs. But he still believes there is little a coach can do to prevent injuries once a game begins.</p>

"In practice, that's a different ballgame, you can be cautious how many times we hit and give the guys a rest," Fassel said. "But then the games start and sometimes you're injury-free, sometimes you're decimated.</p>

"It also depends on where the injuries come. You can replace one guy, but you can't replace a position. When I was coaching the Giants we lost eight offensive linemen and four corners, then you've lost a position. I was in seven-man protections, just trying to protect Kerry Collins as much as possible."</p>

Coughlin has been particularly hard hit in the defensive backfield and at the receiver positions, where the injuries have piled on to previous free agent defections.</p>[/quote]he won a sb with an injury riddled team. wheres all the tc hate coming from? you all should be ashamed of yourselves.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]

no its not...?

wait

is first tie breaker head to head? Cuz if it is then your right. I didn't factor that

[quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]Mathematically that is true. Realistically, personally...after what I witnessed last week, cannot see us beating Dallas twice, Jet's once and skins once. I may be crying but why is it that all of our division games were played away before we get to face them at home.....and what the **** is up with our schedule...we didn't even make the playoff's last year. The Jet's went to the afc championship game last year for the 2nd year in a row and they get a tit schedule. Fuuuuck the football gods.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Fassel's team had finished the previous season decimated, with a dozen players on the injured reserve list and three others sitting out the final few games.</p>

"I'm aware of the injury factor, the number of IRs, which is a cancer, let's face it," Coughlin said then. "It's something that has to be corrected. It's a mental thing, I believe, as much as anything else."</p>

Karma surely has a vindictive side, because Coughlin's tenure has been haunted by key injuries virtually every year. In his very first season as coach, despite all the preseason conditioning programs, 18 of his players finished the season on the IR. This year, of course, the team has been devastated by injuries to defensive backs, to Justin Tuck, to Osi Umenyiora and Travis Beckum.</p>

Fassel, who has won successive titles coaching the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, no longer stews over Coughlin's comments and takes no particular joy in the Giants' current state of affairs. But he still believes there is little a coach can do to prevent injuries once a game begins.</p>

"In practice, that's a different ballgame, you can be cautious how many times we hit and give the guys a rest," Fassel said. "But then the games start and sometimes you're injury-free, sometimes you're decimated.</p>

"It also depends on where the injuries come. You can replace one guy, but you can't replace a position. When I was coaching the Giants we lost eight offensive linemen and four corners, then you've lost a position. I was in seven-man protections, just trying to protect Kerry Collins as much as possible."</p>

Coughlin has been particularly hard hit in the defensive backfield and at the receiver positions, where the injuries have piled on to previous free agent defections.</p>[/quote]he won a sb with an injury riddled team. wheres all the tc hate coming from? you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
    [/quote]

are u kidding me?