Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and I disagree that what we do to the players every week is any differnet than the treatment coughlin is getting now....

critiquing players by saying they should be benched, cut, traded, or let them walk is all the equivalent of firing a coach
    [/quote]</p>

Let's blame Coughlin for the dropped passes, or the miss assingments, hell let's blame Coughlin for the defense for sleepwalking in the Saint game. </p>

Tom Coughlin's time is up, I have said that since 09. I think he is a great coach, but it's time the players have a new leader. </p>

But you make it out like the players are only doing what there coaches tell them to do. No blame should go to them. I disagree, these players have made countless mistakes, and you have to question do they even care at this point. </p>

</p>

[/quote]

no, lets blame him for bad gameplanning, lack of preperation by players, lack of disciplin by players (it was suppose to be the biggest thing about him), his lack of bringing along young players, his lack of willingness to use young talent,.

How you could get that from my argument is baffling. As somebody that is in thee thread every week and you literally see me shred players constantly , it makes no sense for u to say i don't put blame on the players.

A new coach can make a world of difference
    [/quote]</p>

I never once discounted the bad coaching Coughlin and staff have produced over the last few years. I still think he is a good coach, you don't coach for this long not to be good. The game has passed him, we as fans know that. He is loyal to a fault with his assitants. We have no in-game adjustments, we have been outcoached on numerous occasions. </p>

My arguement is the players accept as much blame as Coughlin. Time and time again this team seems flat, say that is coaching, but when does the players say, we look like **** out here, let's play hard, give it all we got. That's not the case the past 3 seasons. </p>

You ask me I want this team blown up, time to rebuild, it will suck but it's time. We have alot of players who are just collecting a check. </p>

And what has happened to home field advantage? I prefer this team to play on the road. When they play at home in front of 80+ thousand fans, they play like beaten men. </p>[/quote]harry carson agrees with you ny
    ""the only thing i can say is im glad i played during an era where defense was at a premium and guys played with pride. not that we were great all the time, but we played with heart. and we didnt just talk about it, we tried to do something about it"
    [/quote]

actually HArry Carson is actually agreeing with me more so.

You and NY seem to think that because im saying something about Coughlin this week having to go that it erases everything i've said about the players all season - which is ******ed

Harry Carson in his quote acknowledges that he played in a DIFFERENT ERA. **** ain't like it was back then anywhere. Its a different player in the NFL today, i would hope u don't argue that.

Hence why TC is also outdated and you bringing up what he did with the Jags in 1995 just has no merit in this argument
    [/quote]youve lost it. lol seriously.
    [/quote]I read Harry's article yesterday. I think he's has an accurate picture of what's going on.

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and I disagree that what we do to the players every week is any differnet than the treatment coughlin is getting now....

critiquing players by saying they should be benched, cut, traded, or let them walk is all the equivalent of firing a coach
    [/quote]</p>

Let's blame Coughlin for the dropped passes, or the miss assingments, hell let's blame Coughlin for the defense for sleepwalking in the Saint game. </p>

Tom Coughlin's time is up, I have said that since 09. I think he is a great coach, but it's time the players have a new leader. </p>

But you make it out like the players are only doing what there coaches tell them to do. No blame should go to them. I disagree, these players have made countless mistakes, and you have to question do they even care at this point. </p>

</p>

[/quote]

no, lets blame him for bad gameplanning, lack of preperation by players, lack of disciplin by players (it was suppose to be the biggest thing about him), his lack of bringing along young players, his lack of willingness to use young talent,.

How you could get that from my argument is baffling. As somebody that is in thee thread every week and you literally see me shred players constantly , it makes no sense for u to say i don't put blame on the players.

A new coach can make a world of difference
    [/quote]</p>

I never once discounted the bad coaching Coughlin and staff have produced over the last few years. I still think he is a good coach, you don't coach for this long not to be good. The game has passed him, we as fans know that. He is loyal to a fault with his assitants. We have no in-game adjustments, we have been outcoached on numerous occasions. </p>

My arguement is the players accept as much blame as Coughlin. Time and time again this team seems flat, say that is coaching, but when does the players say, we look like **** out here, let's play hard, give it all we got. That's not the case the past 3 seasons. </p>

You ask me I want this team blown up, time to rebuild, it will suck but it's time. We have alot of players who are just collecting a check. </p>

And what has happened to home field advantage? I prefer this team to play on the road. When they play at home in front of 80+ thousand fans, they play like beaten men. </p>

[/quote]

So then what are you arguing with me about, because your completely losing me. You've tried to say im not blaming the players at all and I've pointed out to you thats not the case numerous times now.

If your mistaking me saying we have the talent now and can win with these guys as me not putting blame on the players for their performance, well then your just mistaken. We don't need to BLOW the team up. Get rid of Osi and Jacobs, okay - but beyond that who do you think REALLY needs to go? McKenzie? I can go wtih that. I would like to see Beatty at RT next year and Diehl back at LT.

I mean we are losing people no matter who the coach is next year due to FA and cap issues. So before I even respond to your blowing the team up - be specific in your examples.

you don't even want to know our record at home...
    [/quote]</p>

Your arguement is a new head coach will make a world of difference. </p>

My arguement is we need an overhaul on the players. </p>

A new head coach <u>can</u> make a difference, but it won't change the flat and uninspired play from the players. </p>

Hence the word can, will it, I highly doubt it. </p>

[/quote]

u said blow it up - so who do u want gone.

[/quote]</p>

I am not a general manager. </p>

I want guys who give all effort, players who want to win, no excuses. When they put the Giants uniform on the feel an obligation to give it there all. </p>

This franchise has seen some really bad teams, but they gave it there all. You can never question the teams of the past if they did not leave it all on the field. This team for the past few years you can. </p>[/quote]

okay but you have had no problem saying that the 49ers have or haven't quit and that our guys have and u watch them. Its your opinion that players need to go but if you can't give examples or ideas and just a general theory of where the issue is then really what are u debating about?

And what does blow up mean to you. I mean if yous suggesting the typical turnover, but we lose McKenzie, Jacobs, and Osi - i can agree those are things tha tneed to happen but I don't think that those moves would equate to us BLOWING it all up.

We're going to lose Manningham because somebody is going to pay him. Doubtful we resign T2 unless his contract demands come down. McKenzie has regressed and his contract is up so hes probably gone. A good chance Osi is gone but I doubt it. I think Jacobs is gone. Ross will probably be gone. Goff is on the fence

I mean other than that who else do u think should go or do u see thats going to go? Goff
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Giants LB Mark Herzlich (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 13.

...MAYBE cutting Canty?

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Giants LB Mark Herzlich (ankle) has been ruled out for Week 13.[/quote]

thats one thing I can kill Reese for too

not that there was any draft picks or any situation that we should of dumped a ton of money at - but Stephen Tulloch should of been a Giant this year - bottom line...

That was inexcusable. We could of basically got him at a Kawika Mitchell type situation

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal
    contains $11.5 million guaranteed, including an $8.5 million signing
    bonus, all of Baas' first-year salary, and $2 million of his second-year
    salary. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two
    through five. 2011: $1 million, 2012: $3 million, 2013: $4.25 million,
    2014: $4.75 million, 2015: $5 million, 2016: Free Agent

thats David Baas

I get confused with contract **** but I think this basically means that after next year we can get out of it with minimum hits

[quote user="JPizzack"]I forget who said it the other day:
    "a coach's job isnt to be a cheerleader! it isnt his job to motivate players"

[/quote]
    Players play, Coaches coach and cheerleaders cheer.

It's actually from a Lil Wayne rap. lol

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    We're going to lose Manningham because somebody is going to pay him.
    [/quote]If Manningham leaves, I want JReese throwing bags of money at this f'n d-bag

Im tired of him singlehandedly beating us over and over
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"]Break Yo Self Fooo!!!!!

[/quote][Y] sMOKEY

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]I forget who said it the other day:
    "a coach's job isnt to be a cheerleader! it isnt his job to motivate players"

[/quote]
    Players play, Coaches coach and cheerleaders cheer.

It's actually from a Lil Wayne rap. lol
    [/quote]lmao i love you pizz