Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

<div class="report">

ESPN's Marc Stein reports that the three teams involved in the Chris Paul trade will appeal the NBA to reverse its decision.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    The league has the power to veto the trade for
    "basketball reasons," since it technically owns the team, but had left
    Hornets GM Dell Demps to work unimpeded until over-reaching by nixing
    this deal. It is now uncertain how the Hornets could negotiate a trade
    for CP3 in good faith, and there's a chance David Stern will overturn
    his own poor decision. Let's hope so, anyway.
    </div>

Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]I know that Byron, maybe Kase can appreciate this one. New Bathroom fan job turned into a complete shower re-do. Did the demo on the shower wall tile, glass doors on Monday. I'm down to studs and waiting for shower base delivery. Tile Cement board is waiting in garage and I'll get the tile materials today.

Last night I installed the new mixing valve. I suspect there was a slight leak in the old valve, which added to loss of tile integrity and created a small drip-drip downstairs. I don't like to wait on water damage, with all the mold issues and stuff-so I got right on it.

I went with the moen adler valve, which I have installed before, nice easy install and I'm ready for the wife to stand by the valve on her cell phone-so she can alert me if there's a leak while I turn on the water.

I like to connect about a 7 foot piece of pex tubing to the shower head so I can control the water flow down the drain or into a buck while I adjust the posi-temp feature of the valve. Not real difficult to set, but can get tricky. I connect the tubing and something told me to put a stop in the end of the tube just in case.

Turned water on and all was good. A while later my little guy and I are talking and I decide to take the stop out of the tube--water ricochet's into my chest and then back into the wall. I immediately pointed tube to the drain while I got the handle and posi-temp setting correct.

Although it would of been a ton of laughs if water exploded onto my wife had I failed to put the stop in, I was happy it didn't. <u>Yes-I love this ****!
    </u>
    [/quote]"if youre good with your hands you might never be rich but youll never go hungry"
    [/quote]True Dezz. Now I can utilize all the experience that I self taught myself in the trenches for my own personal use. It is a relaxing pleasure doing for myself as oppossed to hustling and dealing with customers. My dog Molly and the nfl channel are all the company I need as I work happily.

Danny Granger tweeted Thursday night, "Due to the sabotaging of the
    LA/NO trade by David Stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete
    brethren Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last
    name to 'Stern's Bi#&amp;h'"

LMAO!!!!!!!! Danny Granger just went up a few notches in my book and I already liked him alot.

johnhollinger <span class="timeline"></span>

One other note: I'd rather play out the year with Dwight Howard than take that pile of garbage New Jersey is offering.

lol

<p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_47">Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert called the New Orleans Hornets’ proposed trade of <span class="ysp-player">Chris Paul</span> to the Los Angeles Lakers
    a “travesty,” and urged NBA commissioner David Stern to put the deal to
    a vote of the league’s 29 owners in an email obtained by Yahoo! Sports.
    Gilbert sent the email to Stern, deputy commissioner Adam Silver and a
    handful of Gilbert’s ownership peers on Thursday.</p>

<div id="sidebar">

<div class="related_news">
    <div class="hd">More From Yahoo! Sports Staff</div>
    <div class="bd">
    <ul class="list"><li class="B">Free-agent buzz: Warriors pursue Jordan Dec 9, 2011<li class="B">NBA free agency and trade tracker Dec 8, 2011[/list] </div>
    </div>

</div>

The following is the email in its entirety:</p>

Commissioner,</p><i id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_310">
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_309">It would be a travesty to allow the Lakers to acquire Chris Paul in the apparent trade being discussed.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_312">This trade should go to a vote of the 29 owners of the Hornets.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_311">Over the next three seasons this
    deal would save the Lakers approximately $20 million in salaries and
    approximately $21 million in luxury taxes. That $21 million goes to
    non-taxpaying teams and to fund revenue sharing.</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_313">I cannot remember ever seeing a
    trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved
    over $40 million in the process. And it doesn’t appear that they would
    give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for <span class="ysp-player">Dwight Howard.</span>
    (They would also get a large trade exception that would help them
    improve their team and/or eventually trade for Howard.) When the Lakers
    got <span class="ysp-player">Pau Gasol</span>
    (at the time considered an extremely lopsided trade) they took on tens
    of millions in additional salary and luxury tax and they gave up a
    number of prospects (one in <span class="ysp-player">Marc Gasol</span> who may become a max-salary player).</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_314">I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen.</p>

I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.</p>

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?</p>
    <p id="yui_3_4_1_1_1323445002840_315">Please advise….</p>
    [/i]

Dan G.</p>

</p>

------------</p>

</p>

Not for nothing but the reality of it is that this whole theory is garbage. This guy is still butt hurt over losing Lebron, which is understandable. But the truth is that if he wasn't such a stubborn *** and would of been open to approaching Lebron in an honest way and open to trading him before the deadline in his last season, his tema would of been in a MUCH better position. Go ask the Nuggets.
    </p>

Lets review the trade: Lakers make a move to dump salary cap - okay. They are getting a guy who has basically said that he WILL NOT resign with the Lakers and is heading to NY next year. Even still, Paul is best player in the deal but I do NOT think that the Lakers get better. Not this year and def not next year. Is it illegal to try and dump big contracts? Its like reverse discrimination.</p>

</p>

Hornets should be happy - they are getting some legit role players instead of just taking the hit of losing a superstar, like the Cavs did ironically. Houston just got a superstar at center. Hornets aren't happy about losing CP, but its inevitable.</p>

</p>

I went from liking this guys and feeling sorry for him to thinking hes an *******. "Its not fair, their GM is making good moves."
    </p>

</p>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Danny Granger tweeted Thursday night, "Due to the sabotaging of the
    name to 'Stern's Bi#&h'"

LMAO!!!!!!!! Danny Granger just went up a few notches in my book and I already liked him alot.
    [/quote]

I guess people get twisted over trades everywhere...Fantasy football, professionals, etc. I don't understand it...trades are made to benefit both parties. Otherwise they would never reach an agreement , right?

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

The Nets could trade for Dwight Howard as soon as Friday, according to Chris Broussard on ESPN.com.</p>
    </div>
    <div class="impact">
    Howard is expected to soon tell the Magic that
    he won't re-sign with them, and he sounds ready to team with Deron
    Williams as the Nets move to Brooklyn in 2012-13. New Jersey has
    reportedly offered Brook Lopez and two future first-round picks, and
    they might send more players while taking back Hedo Turkoglu and his bad
    contract. This is in the rumor phase right now, and Broussard notes
    that New Jersey is still pursuing Nene in case they don't land Dwight.
    </div>[/quote]

listen i Like Lopez hes decent. Your not going to get a better chance to get a decent big man, dump a contract, and get some picks for the future.

Why you would want to get nothing back for that is ******ed.

CP3 to Lakers this year, then knicks this year

DHow to Nets for life

[quote user="JPizzack"]ain't happenin
    [/quote]
    You are like a scorn ex girlfriend when it comes to the NBA.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Danny Granger tweeted Thursday night, "Due to the sabotaging of the
    name to 'Stern's Bi#&amp;h'"

[/quote]

that'll be a nice fine

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Danny Granger tweeted Thursday night, "Due to the sabotaging of the LA/NO trade by David Stern, and following in the footsteps of my athlete brethren Metta World Peace and Chad Ochocinco, I'm changing my last name to 'Stern's Bi#&amp;h'"

[/quote]</P>

hahahahaha</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant