Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

"He's a good running back ... He does a good job for them," Urlacher told reporters when asked about Tebow.</p>

Tebow was told about Urlacher calling him a running back and did not take offense.</p>

"Coming from a really good player, that means a lot," Tebow said.</p>

</p>

Tebow is one of a kind man! How can you not like the kid. Even when he is being insulted he turns it into a positive. lol That being said I am getting sick of hearing about him every single week. If they beat the Patriots ESPN might explode.
    </p>

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

"He's a good running back ... He does a good job for them," Urlacher told reporters when asked about Tebow.</P>

Tebow was told about Urlacher calling him a running back and did not take offense.</P>

"Coming from a really good player, that means a lot," Tebow said.</P>

</P>

Tebow is one of a kind man! How can you not like the kid. Even when he is being insulted he turns it into a positive. lol That being said I am getting sick of hearing about him every single week. If they beat the Patriots ESPN might explode.
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

The week they actually played a good team they got blown out.</P>

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lawl"]Gotta take Dwight. There's plenty of talent at other positions to go around. Center, not so much.

[/quote]
    </p>

Over Rose or CP3 depending on where he goes?

I just hate taking him knowing Dwight could end up anywhere? Same thing with CP3?

Just get Dwight to LA, then my decision will be simple. lol
    [/quote]</p>

I, admittedly, have never played fantasy basketball. But even middle teir PGs like a Steve Nash would outproduce mid teir Centers moreso than CP3/Rose would over Dwight. Maybe, Maybe not. Just seems to make sense.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

well it depends

like last year Rose was #2 overall scoring by our leagues standards, Howard was 4th, Chris Paul was 13th
    [/quote]</p>

So yea, have to take Dwight.</p>

</p>[/quote]

Paul actually had a down years last year. Actually hes declined in points and assists for the past 3 seasons

I know hes one of the best in the league but I think hes overrated. GIve me DWill, Rose, and maybe even Rondo over him. Don't care about steal stats (averaging 2.8 a game). Shutting people down, denying balls, forcing bad shots - THATS what defense is all about...

I got Knicks fans trying to tell me Amare isn't bad on defense because he gets rebounds and blocks shots.... like NO lol.

I dunno my family is basketball through and through so i came up on bball. I always had D stressed on me. It just goes past the stat catagory.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

they got him for helmet to helmet actually..

They were both running at each other like freight trains, the hit wasn't late, and Harrison even ducked his head to try and avoid the facemask. It was a football play.

Its a nasty sport and that was a nasty play, wasn't dirty at all
    [/quote]</P>

He led with the crown of his helmet and hit Colt in his helmet.</P>

Helmet to helmet is a penalty/fine and helmet to helmet is what happened.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

it was a football player, theres nothing u can do abotu it. I understand that under these extreme pussified rules that its a falg thats fine. But it wasn't dirty and is NOT something to be banned about

There was nothing Harrison could of done except try to not make the play and thats not what he gets paid to do.
    [/quote]</P>

Matt, this guy actually went to NY to have the rules explained to him by the Commish.</P>

So McCoy throws the ball, then Harrison drops his head, takes a stepand unloads the crown of his helmet into the facemask of the QB.</P>

Thats a dirty friggin play. And he will be suspended for it. He knows the rule but like you he doesn't like it so he continues to violate it. he may be working himself out of this league.</P>

[/quote]

so really what your saying is that all helmet to helmet contact is intentional and dirty?
    [/quote]</P>

I don't know Matt. its semantics. When a guy takes a step and unloads his helmet into the facemask of a QB after he throws the ball...Yeah that was dirty.</P>

If you want to talk about other incidental helmet to helmet hits as simply a violation of the rules and not "dirty" thats OK with me. But don't call them clean hits either. They just need a little spray and wash".</P>

Again don't forget..."helmet to helmet" hits are LEGAL when on a RB or a ball carrier who isn't exposed like a WR might be before he has a chance to brace himslef. its tough fordefenders but they are getting used to it. We saw Rolle back off a bit on a hit last night down the left sidelines.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]#morereasontodoit
    [/quote]
    If everyone quits *****in about it he might actually stop.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]it even looks like harrison was leading with his hands. horrible call, but its the ***** league now.
    [/quote]

<u>McCoy was running directly at them
    </u>
    it looks alot easier and **** at home on your couch in slow mo. I can't even imagine what it looks like on the field like standing onthe sidelines watching these guys fly around the field
    [/quote]thats also a great point. hahahaha he literally ran right in to the hit.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]#morereasontodoit
    [/quote]
    [/quote]</P>

Since I don't even know what it means, I'm fine with it.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lawl"]Did you sweethearts see Eli put the blame on himself on the slant to Hakeem Nicks that was high and behind him(even though Nicks still got his hands on it)????

Ah, the sweet taste of victory.</P>

[/quote]</P>

ahh, the sweet taste of the leader of the team taking responsibility......and considering they were asking Eli, and not Nicks....what kind of answer were you expecting?</P>

youre buggin dude...
    the pass was thru his hands, not out of his reach...</P>

lol. i love when you chirp in here once a day with your pompous, know-it-allattitude</P>

[/quote]</P>

Everybody on this thread has a pompous, know it all attitude. thats what makes it so great. Lawl is no better or worse than anyone else.</P>

Oh I forgot.....Pizz is Mr. Humble. Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

it's hard to be humble when youre the ****.
    Child, please......</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]#morereasontodoit
    [/quote]
    [/quote]no it wont. not him. haha

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

they got him for helmet to helmet actually..

They were both running at each other like freight trains, the hit wasn't late, and Harrison even ducked his head to try and avoid the facemask. It was a football play.

Its a nasty sport and that was a nasty play, wasn't dirty at all
    [/quote]</p>

He led with the crown of his helmet and hit Colt in his helmet.</p>

Helmet to helmet is a penalty/fine and helmet to helmet is what happened.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

it was a football player, theres nothing u can do abotu it. I understand that under these extreme pussified rules that its a falg thats fine. But it wasn't dirty and is NOT something to be banned about

There was nothing Harrison could of done except try to not make the play and thats not what he gets paid to do.
    [/quote]</p>

Matt, this guy actually went to NY to have the rules explained to him by the Commish.</p>

So McCoy throws the ball, then Harrison drops his head, takes a stepand unloads the crown of his helmet into the facemask of the QB.</p>

Thats a dirty friggin play. And he will be suspended for it. He knows the rule but like you he doesn't like it so he continues to violate it. he may be working himself out of this league.</p>

[/quote]

so really what your saying is that all helmet to helmet contact is intentional and dirty?
    [/quote]</p>

I don't know Matt. its semantics. When a guy takes a step and unloads his helmet into the facemask of a QB after he throws the ball...Yeah that was dirty.</p>

If you want to talk about other incidental helmet to helmet hits as simply a violation of the rules and not "dirty" thats OK with me. But don't call them clean hits either. They just need a little spray and wash".</p>

Again don't forget..."helmet to helmet" hits are LEGAL when on a RB or a ball carrier who isn't exposed like a WR might be before he has a chance to brace himslef. its tough fordefenders but they are getting used to it. We saw Rolle back off a bit on a hit last night down the left sidelines.</p>[/quote]

So if a RB makes a spin move or a cut but doesn't see an oncoming defender (like Ware in the Eagles game).

McCoy was out of the pocket running and he got rid of the ball quickly. It was not a late hit (and wasn't flagged as one) so your whole argument that this happened after the ball was thrown is null. It was a football play of two players running in each others directions liek freight trains.

And Rolle tried breaking Dezz.. he just didn't have the power to.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game