Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

I think JPP and Kiwi are perfect OLBs...

I think Joseph would be a better NT than DT.

I think Canty is more of a natural DE and Tuck can play DE in the 3-4 too. A lil underszied but when Tuck is healthy he is a beast.\

Then we can move Boley to ILB and then sign like a London Fletcher until we can bring someone else in

Not saying I want to - but I mean it could work
    [/quote]a 3-4 defense is based on 2 things a solid NT and an excellent corp of LBs. Not a bunch of guys who have played 4-3 since college and all of their years in the NFL have been in 4-3.

If anything Osi is the perfect pass rushing olb in a 3-4, and why would you want to move JPP when he's having a phenomenal season.

I dont like our guys in a 3-4 at all
    [/quote]

Well Joseph is like a prototypical NT. I just dind't think he'd be this read this year, so when we had this debate in the offseason it seemed impossible...

we'd DEFINTILY be in question at ILB, but I think with JPP and Kiwi we'd rival Steelers for the best OLBs in the game. If Orakpo and Mario Williams cana succeed the way they do after making the switch then JPP ABSOLUTELY can.

Kiwi is playing a hybrid in the 4-3 as a DEOLB anyway - hes absolutely PERFECT for OLB in the 3-4
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i'll tell ya, i do love the fact that Rolle was calling out the team. Saying it starts in practice... thats soemthing I do like

I just hope it wasn't directed at Tuck, but i do like it.

Hopfully Herz can come back and bring a spark. ITs like one of our last chances - hes a high energy guy
    [/quote]I agree with Rolle, if you're hurt then sit it out and get healthy, dont risk worsening your condition, its not worth it. If you're dinged up and bruised then get yass on the field and practice

I really dont see whats so bad about what he said, everyone is jumping to all of these conclusions
    [/quote]</P>

Rolle is not a star.. He's a nice player that gets paid way too much.</P>

And I am tired of hearing about how our defense is banged up and TC and Fewellare doingtheir best with a bad hand. We started 5 first round draft choices yesterday, PLUS 2 high paid free agents (Canty and Boley) PLUS 2 other 2nd round picks, PLUS a two time all pro DE (Tuck). Look at the rookies and late draftees (plus undrafted free agents) starting on other teams that play way better defense than we do. This defense is poorly coached and motivated. This defense is a disgrace and TC and Fewell need to be dismissed as soon as the season ends.</P>

I like TC, but the players DO NOT respond to him in crunch time. He's a "diciplinarian" who's teams constantly play with no dicipline.</P>

How many late season collapses do we need to see?</P>

[/quote]Well tags like 'pro bowler' '1st round pick' and 'highly paid' dont mean a damned thing

There are plenty of players that should be pro bowlers but we all know its a popularity contest.

1st round picks SHOULD be producing immediatley, but when 1 is coming off of a reoccuring knee injury and the other is playing in his 3rd game after missing all of camp and most of the season with injury.
    [/quote]</P>

These are good football players Kase. And all or most are established vets in their prime. All I'm saying is that talent isn't the problem. there are defenses out there with far less talent who are performing at a much higher level collectively as defenses.</P>

My point is that this is about coaching. That includes both scheme and motivation.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

I think Canty is more of a natural DE and Tuck can play DE in the 3-4 too. A lil underszied but when Tuck is healthy he is a beast.\

Then we can move Boley to ILB and then sign like a London Fletcher until we can bring someone else in

[/quote]</p>

You wan't Joseph to play nose tackle?</p>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </p>

It's not that easy changing positions. </p>

I don't see 3-4 defense with the personal we have. </p>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </p>

I can't see Boley playing the middle of a 3-4 either.</p>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </p>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </p>[/quote]

i dont think he has either but his strength, size, and mobility would be perfect for it. I remember I didn't know who he was when we drafted him and almost every scouting report was how well of a NT he could be.

How much does Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams really REACT though. I mean if anything under Fewell we've seen JPPs range in dropping back and moving around... i think it would be a natural transition. I think he'd flourish.

Boley would be the stretch - ILB could be an issue, but **** it, trade Osi for someone. Thats our chip.

Tuck slides to tackle alot anyway... Tuck has to be able to take that abuse, i mean lets be honest its not THAT much different than the role hes playing now. If thats the deciding factor in whether tuck lasts or not then we might as well start looking to replace him now.

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]</P>

You wan't Joseph to play nose tackle?</P>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </P>

It's not that easy changing positions. </P>

I don't see 3-4 defense with the personal we have. </P>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </P>

I can't see Boley playing the middle of a 3-4 either.</P>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </P>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </P>

[/quote]</P>

If you want to play 3-4 thats fine. But we need to get a bunch of new players. Kiwi is a DE and doesn't have the hips to plat LB in a 3-4.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]a 3-4 defense is based on 2 things a solid NT and an excellent corp of LBs. Not a bunch of guys who have played 4-3 since college and all of their years in the NFL have been in 4-3.

If anything Osi is the perfect pass rushing olb in a 3-4, and why would you want to move JPP when he's having a phenomenal season.

[/quote]

Well Joseph is like a prototypical NT. I just dind't think he'd be this read this year, so when we had this debate in the offseason it seemed impossible...

we'd DEFINTILY be in question at ILB, but I think with JPP and Kiwi we'd rival Steelers for the best OLBs in the game. If Orakpo and Mario Williams cana succeed the way they do after making the switch then JPP ABSOLUTELY can.

Kiwi is playing a hybrid in the 4-3 as a DEOLB anyway - hes absolutely PERFECT for OLB in the 3-4
    [/quote]Joseph is NOT a prototypical NT, just cause he's big doesnt mean he's the next 3-4 anchor

we Def dont have the personnel for 3-4 lb's, none of our guys have EVER played a 3-4, just because they have size and speed doesnt mean they have the goods to play in a 3-4 just like that

Orakpo and Mario succeeded cause they had the right pieces around them and the Texans have a ton of depth at LB
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </p>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </p>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </p>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If you want to play 3-4 thats fine. But we need to get a bunch of new players. Kiwi is a DE and doesn't have the hips to plat LB in a 3-4.</p>[/quote]

hes playing a 4-3 OLB, def need more hips for that and hes doing a pretty decent job. I think he'd excel in the 3-4

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </p>

[/quote]</p>

If you want to play 3-4 thats fine.* But we need to get a bunch of new players.* Kiwi is a DE and doesn't have the hips to plat LB in a 3-4.</p>[/quote]

hes playing a 4-3 OLB,* def need more hips for that and hes doing a pretty decent job. I think he'd excel in the 3-4
    [/quote]Kiwi was especially amazing in Dallas last week. Not sure if he could fit the 3-4, but he's probably the best equipped to make the transition. Tuck is breaking down already and we're going to ask him to take more abuse? I don't know.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]

[/quote]Joseph is NOT a prototypical NT, just cause he's big doesnt mean he's the next 3-4 anchor

we Def dont have the personnel for 3-4 lb's, none of our guys have EVER played a 3-4, just because they have size and speed doesnt mean they have the goods to play in a 3-4 just like that

Orakpo and Mario succeeded cause they had the right pieces around them and the Texans have a ton of depth at LB
    [/quote]

ehhh I guess, but I think finding ILBs are easier to find that 4-3 MLBs

Kiwi absolutely does everything a 3-4 OLB does right now.. He basically is one.

Joseph may be proto-typical NT

It gives our athletics freaks a chance to be athletic freaks.

we are 2-3 pieces away from having a pretty dominante front 7 of a 3-4

we are about 3-4 pieces away from having a dominant front 7 in a 4-3, which sucks

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

If you want to play 3-4 thats fine. But we need to get a bunch of new players. Kiwi is a DE and doesn't have the hips to plat LB in a 3-4.</p>[/quote]

hes playing a 4-3 OLB, def need more hips for that and hes doing a pretty decent job. I think he'd excel in the 3-4
    [/quote]Kiwi was especially amazing in Dallas last week. Not sure if he could fit the 3-4, but he's probably the best equipped to make the transition. Tuck is breaking down already and we're going to ask him to take more abuse? I don't know.[/quote]

i don't really consider tuck breaking down

hes coming off of his best year as a Giant, hes just injured this year.

Only other time he had a subpar year is when he tore his labrum. He played ALOT of DT that year too.

If Osi was here, bet your *** he'd still be seeing alot of DT. Theres not as much "abuse" with a DE between the 3-4 and 4-3 as u guys think. Especially if that DE in the 4-3 slides to tackle alot

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </p>[/quote]

i dont think he has either but his strength, size, and mobility would be perfect for it. I remember I didn't know who he was when we drafted him and almost every scouting report was how well of a NT he could be.

How much does Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams really REACT though. I mean if anything under Fewell we've seen JPPs range in dropping back and moving around... i think it would be a natural transition. I think he'd flourish.

Boley would be the stretch - ILB could be an issue, but **** it, trade Osi for someone. Thats our chip.

Tuck slides to tackle alot anyway... Tuck has to be able to take that abuse, i mean lets be honest its not THAT much different than the role hes playing now. If thats the deciding factor in whether tuck lasts or not then we might as well start looking to replace him now.
    [/quote]1st off Osi would probably be our best 3-4 OLB, if we switched to 3-4 we should probably trade Tuck and maybe even Kiwi.

3-4 DE's are glorified space eaters, its possibly the least important position in the 3-4 D.

2nd we dont have anyone that would be a good 3-4 ILB other than maybe Greg Jones, but I dont think he would be a good starter. Boley isn't a good enough run stopper to be a starting ILB

So that means we'd have to trade Tuck for a NT or OLB, Switch Canty back to DE and I guess Linval as well. Trade Boley for a draft pick or a 3-4 ILB, and Trade Kiwi for an OLB or ILB

Too many moves for my liking, and the guys we keep arent playing their strengths
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'