Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]So far the only ones I found under 290 are Brett 'Da Beard' Kiesel and JJ Watt, every other 3-4 DE is over 300lb
    [/quote]</p>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</p>[/quote]My research showed me that the NFL (with a rare exception) believes the exact same, which is why there are only 2 starting 3-4 DT's under 300lbs
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

<div class="report">

Andrei Kirilenko is reportedly leaving CSKA
    Moscow to sign a multi-year contract with the Nets, though his agent
    denies there have been any negotiations.</p>
    </div>

It seems it is "only a matter of time" before
    Kirilenko and the Nets reach an agreement. He would easily start at SF
    ahead of Stephen Graham and Ime Udoka

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]So far the only ones I found under 290 are Brett 'Da Beard' Kiesel and JJ Watt, every other 3-4 DE is over 300lb
    [/quote]</P>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</P>

[/quote]My research showed me that the NFL (with a rare exception) believes the exact same, which is why there are only 2 starting 3-4 DT's under 300lbs
    [/quote]</P>

So Matt was right.................before he was wrong.</P>

Interesting!</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]
    <DIV class=report>

Andrei Kirilenko is reportedly leaving CSKA Moscow to sign a multi-year contract with the Nets, though his agent denies there have been any negotiations.</P></DIV>

It seems it is "only a matter of time" before Kirilenko and the Nets reach an agreement. He would easily start at SF ahead of Stephen Graham and Ime Udoka[/quote]</P>

Where are you? In the waiting room?</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</p>[/quote] i remember that.

What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?

[quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>

ahead of Stephen Graham and Ime Udoka[/quote]whats with that guy running for president of russia. lol i saw a picture with him sitting down at a table and putin was behind him, just staring at him. got to give that guy credit, the balls he must have to even think of messing with putin.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]and why bradshaw runs for +10 on the first play and then we never see him again.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

I think JPP and Kiwi are perfect OLBs...

I think Joseph would be a better NT than DT.

I think Canty is more of a natural DE and Tuck can play DE in the 3-4 too. A lil underszied but when Tuck is healthy he is a beast.\

Then we can move Boley to ILB and then sign like a London Fletcher until we can bring someone else in

Not saying I want to - but I mean it could work
    [/quote]</p>

You wan't Joseph to play nose tackle?</p>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </p>

It's not that easy changing positions. </p>

I don't see 3-4 defense with the personal we have. </p>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </p>

I can't see Boley playing the middle of a 3-4 either.</p>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </p>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </p>

[/quote]

i dont think he has either but his strength, size, and mobility would be perfect for it. I remember I didn't know who he was when we drafted him and almost every scouting report was how well of a NT he could be.

How much does Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams really REACT though. I mean if anything under Fewell we've seen JPPs range in dropping back and moving around... i think it would be a natural transition. I think he'd flourish.

Boley would be the stretch - ILB could be an issue, but **** it, trade Osi for someone. Thats our chip.

Tuck slides to tackle alot anyway... Tuck has to be able to take that abuse, i mean lets be honest its not THAT much different than the role hes playing now. If thats the deciding factor in whether tuck lasts or not then we might as well start looking to replace him now.
    [/quote]1st off Osi would probably be our best 3-4 OLB, if we switched to 3-4 we should probably trade Tuck and maybe even Kiwi.

3-4 DE's are glorified space eaters, its possibly the least important position in the 3-4 D.

2nd we dont have anyone that would be a good 3-4 ILB other than maybe Greg Jones, but I dont think he would be a good starter. Boley isn't a good enough run stopper to be a starting ILB

So that means we'd have to trade Tuck for a NT or OLB, Switch Canty back to DE and I guess Linval as well. Trade Boley for a draft pick or a 3-4 ILB, and Trade Kiwi for an OLB or ILB

Too many moves for my liking, and the guys we keep arent playing their strengths
    [/quote]

lol whaaaat! come on mang! First off, Osi is gone after thisyear. I can't see the Giants putting up with his ****. he would be HORRID as a 3-4. The guy can only pass rush and isn't physical at all. He doesn't play the run, no way Osi would be a good 3-4 guy.

I agree, but i'm just saying that Tuck could definitly transition there. Would be big to have him there for passing downs as well. He has played enough 4-3 DT to where he'll be alrite.

I agree ILB would be an issue, but wouldn't that basically put us exactly in the same position we are now? I mean our LBers are all questionable. Boley is having a good year, Kiwi is having decent but we have NOBODY at MLB. Only difference is that finding ILBs are easier than MLBs and we are getting better use out of Kiwi and JPP...

I disagree, i think that in the 3 spots that are probably most important in the 3-4 both OLBs and NT, we'd be moving 3 players who will perform even better than where they are. JPP is a beast... let him roam like we started to do yesterday. Fewell has this tampa 2 where he likes dropping lineman, more than he should. JPP drops, he can cover - i'd love it
    [/quote]You're nuts, Osi would be the DeMarcus Ware of our team if we went 3-4

Tuck would last a game of getting totally abused then get injured, he cant take the abuse for a whole 60mins, maybe a few years ago, not any more

We have nobody at MLB cause our #1 and #2 guys are out for the season (have you already forgotten about Goff??)

JPP is a beast but I dont want him covering any more than he already has to in a 4-3 lineup. He's a force at the line but dont forget he's only been playing football for 5 years so he may not have the 'football IQ' needed for a LB
    [/quote]</p>

Osi is a speed rushing DE...thats it.</p>

You guys are killing me here. If you want to go 3-4, we need to get a crapload of new players. Our players were drafted and/or signed to play a 4-3. Our corners were for the most part drafted to play a press defense. And we see what happens when you draft players for one purpose and then ask them to do something completely different.</p>

Don't worry, our new HC (Mike Zimmer) will figure it all out.</p>

[/quote]

dont make that comparison - cuz its an awful one

players can transition all the time back and forth between the 3-4 and 4-3

zone and man guys are just that - theres no leeway
    [/quote]</p>

We don't have the correct players Matt. Tuck would have no place on that defense. Osi would have no place. I can see Canty as a DE in a 3-4 but just about everybody else in the front 7 would have problems.</p>

Just get our guys to play better. THATS the problem. This regime has shown time after time that it can't do that.</p>[/quote]

Tuck is questionable - i'll live with us agreeing to disagree..

but do u think Osi is back either way next year?

I think hes done and I NEVER say that.

But Joseph is a prototypical NT
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]<div class="report">

</div>

ahead of Stephen Graham and Ime Udoka[/quote]whats with that guy running for president of russia. lol i saw a picture with him sitting down at a table and putin was behind him, just staring at him. got to give that guy credit, the balls he must have to even think of messing with putin.
    [/quote]
    If you can deal with David Stern anything is possible.