Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]So far the only ones I found under 290 are Brett 'Da Beard' Kiesel and JJ Watt, every other 3-4 DE is over 300lb
    [/quote]

Kiesal, all of Dallas's DEs, Antonio Smith (hous) , Cory Redding (balt), Spencer Johnson (buf), Rucker (cin), Robert Geathers (cin), Wynn (GB)

just saying there are starters in the league at the 3-4 DE that are Tuck's size. They all aren't 300+
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]There are ALOT of 280 point 3-4 DEs in the league.

[/quote]So far the only ones I found under 290 are Brett 'Da Beard' Kiesel and JJ Watt, every other 3-4 DE is over 300lb
    [/quote]</p>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</p>[/quote]

i guess u left for the rest of that day... it was then proven to me that its not as true as it once was.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]

we should of been pounding the ball from the get go

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</p>

[/quote]My research showed me that the NFL (with a rare exception) believes the exact same, which is why there are only 2 starting 3-4 DT's under 300lbs
    [/quote]</p>

So Matt was right.................before he was wrong.</p>

Interesting!</p>[/quote]

see my last response to kase... its un true, i just named 10 starters that are around the same size. Again its not AS common as having the 300 pounder, but its common enough to where if we did it wouldn't be a big issue like your making it seem or like I thought it would be

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]and why bradshaw runs for +10 on the first play and then we never see him again.
    [/quote]

i don tthink hes 100%

and back to one point about switching players to 3-4 and 4-3 - i bet u would of said moving Cofield to NT would of been insane but hes doing pretty well in Washington

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</P>

[/quote]My research showed me that the NFL (with a rare exception) believes the exact same, which is why there are only 2 starting 3-4 DT's under 300lbs
    [/quote]</P>

So Matt was right.................before he was wrong.</P>

Interesting!</P>

[/quote]

see my last response to kase... its un true, i just named 10 starters that are around the same size. Again its not AS common as having the 300 pounder, but its common enough to where if we did it wouldn't be a big issue like your making it seem or like I thought it would be
    [/quote]</P>

Why are you so hell bent on having us switch to a 3-4? It doesn't matter if the players don't execute it well. Our players are already extreemly confused. Why do you think we will be better served in a 3-4? What characteristics of that defense do you think will favor us? And how do you see our players functioning in it?</P>

Don't bother answering because you probably have no real answer. Our problems are getting our players to play better. 3-4 vs. 4-3 is irrelevant. we did fine in the SB run as a 4-3. Also a 3-4 require the best players at LB. that is NOT what we have right now.</P>

And what does ANY OF THIS have to do with my chances of beating Lando tonight???????</P>
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]and why bradshaw runs for +10 on the first play and then we never see him again.
    [/quote]

That's what I don't like and I've been saying it for YEARS but It's Gilbride's fault 100%

everyone says he comes up with a great plan to expose the opposing teams defensive weaknesses and I DON'T disagree with that, but sometimes it's more important to use what our team does well at any particular time/game.

sooo many times we've played teams that are "supposed" to be bad against the pass and we'll pass all game with little success...meanwhile though they are supposed to be strong against the run..we'll average 5-6 YPC against them....but Gilbride never acknowledges it...it's like he is completely oblivious to the results.

He set's a game plan against a specific opponent and that's that ... there is no changing it, if we are supposed to be able to pass on Washington...then we will bang our heads against a wall if we can't until we lose....horrible....who cares that the run was working well...that's not his game plan.

I hate it.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Just so you know Kase. In the off season Matt was making the argument that you needed to be over 300 LBS. to play DE in a 3-4. Now he's taking the opposite position.</p>

[/quote]</p>

So Matt was right.................before he was wrong.</p>

Interesting!</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Why are you so hell bent on having us switch to a 3-4? It doesn't matter if the players don't execute it well. Our players are already extreemly confused. Why do you think we will be better served in a 3-4? What characteristics of that defense do you think will favor us? And how do you see our players functioning in it?</p>

Don't bother answering because you probably have no real answer. Our problems are getting our players to play better. 3-4 vs. 4-3 is irrelevant. we did fine in the SB run as a 4-3. Also a 3-4 require the best players at LB. that is NOT what we have right now.</p>

And what does ANY OF THIS have to do with my chances of beating Lando tonight???????</p>[/quote]

im not hell bent - i just don't think that should be a reason we don;'t go after a HC anymore. I think we are VERY capable of making the switch if we need to.

I've seen alot out of kiwi, Jpp, and Joseph this year that DOES make it very possible.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="bigblue4417"]What I don't understand is why are we running the ball down 17 or 20 late in the game?
    [/quote]

That's what I don't like and I've been saying it for YEARS but It's Gilbride's fault 100%

everyone says he comes up with a great plan to expose the opposing teams defensive weaknesses and I DON'T disagree with that, but sometimes it's more important to use what our team does well at any particular time/game.

sooo many times we've played teams that are "supposed" to be bad against the pass and we'll pass all game with little success...meanwhile though they are supposed to be strong against the run..we'll average 5-6 YPC against them....but Gilbride never acknowledges it...it's like he is completely oblivious to the results.

He set's a game plan against a specific opponent and that's that ... there is no changing it, if we are supposed to be able to pass on Washington...then we will bang our heads against a wall if we can't until we lose....horrible....who cares that the run was working well...that's not his game plan.

I hate it.
    [/quote]

i think he sets the same ****in game plan every week no matter who we play

i feel like its the same hsit every week