Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Speaking in low tones and a halting voice, Rodgers said, "It's been a
    rough couple days around the facility," and, "a lot of us have been
    really upset."

"We're all professionals," Rodgers said. "We have to be able to separate
    the on-the-field from the off-the-field stuff. And make sure when
    you're at work, you remain focused. But we're human as well, and the
    human element is that it's on your mind. You're thinking about it.
    You're thinking about Joe."

"What do you say to someone who has lost their son in a tragic way like
    this?" Rodgers said. "At 28, there are no words I can say to comfort
    him. I wanted him to know how much I care about him and [his wife] Diane
    and the family and I'm praying for him.

"But I think once we get in here on Wednesday, it's going to be
    about beating the Giants and making sure we're doing everything we can
    do to play our best game."

This is a horrible situation. I am asking this question as objectively as possible especially being a parent.....

Do you think the Packers will rally around this and try to get an emotional edge out of it or do you think it is going to affect the way they practice, prepare and ultimately play the game?

I know a football players mentality is to use it as motivation and to channel it in a positive way but I just imagine it's going to be hard for some of them and especially the coach to keep his mind off things. Sometimes people say they want to play/coach to get their mind off it.

I also think it bodes well for us that they have not really played in 3 weeks. Last time they played they were getting shredded by Detroit. I think it will take them a quarter or so to knock the dirt off so hopefully we can capitalize early and often.

Dezz-Wait a minute, how did you get out of buying the playoff tix? I thought it was mandatory? It's a forced sale as per the terms of the psl agreement. (fine print)

You may very well be in jeopardy of losing your seats now. You better call the office.

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

This is a horrible situation. I am asking this question as objectively as possible especially being a parent.....

Do you think the Packers will rally around this and try to get an emotional edge out of it or do you think it is going to affect the way they practice, prepare and ultimately play the game?

I know a football players mentality is to use it as motivation and to channel it in a positive way but I just imagine it's going to be hard for some of them and especially the coach to keep his mind off things. Sometimes people say they want to play/coach to get their mind off it.

I also think it bodes well for us that they have not really played in 3 weeks. Last time they played they were getting shredded by Detroit. I think it will take them a quarter or so to knock the dirt off so hopefully we can capitalize early and often.
    [/quote]</P>

To be honest....I don't think they will play any different. no better, no worse. they are professionals.
    everyone can SAY they would use this for motivation, but, I just thinkin the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter really.</P>

edit - ohh...i meant to point out that the time since they have last played is the only thing that would like affect them.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Dezz-Wait a minute, how did you get out of buying the playoff tix? I thought it was mandatory? It's a forced sale as per the terms of the psl agreement. (fine print) You may very well be in jeopardy of losing your seats now. You better call the office.[/quote]</P>

what are you talking about? Dezz has never been to a Giants game.
    Those tickets he gave matt were ones he bought online. which is dedication, btw! lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]The Jet's will just not go away and let the Giants be the headlines for these past two weeks of our post season.

Jet's players are screaming to get rid of Sanchez. They can't stand him and have trouble playing with him. They are requesting a new QB.

lmmfao. Nice Job controlling your team Rex![/quote]

lol i love it

let the inmates run the place

did they get anybody specifically that said they want sanchez out?
    [/quote]yea i kind of feel bad for him. he reminds me of eli in a way. i think he has talent, he just needs time to grow. of course i dont tell jet fans that.

but i do tthink hes a major reason the jets didnt walk away with at least 1 superbowl the previous two years.
    [/quote]
    Dezz, I'vve been looking for you. Did you go to game Sunday? What did you think about fan noise at that one? It was insane![/quote]no i didnt. they sent me a letter but i wasnt going to shell out 400 bucks. i had my doubt about them as well. They got me believing now. Cowboys game was ****ing nuts. REEEAL loud. everyone was violent lol
    [/quote]Sorry Dezz but that move is straight ***** made!!!!!

You didnt shell out 400 bucks cause you thought we had no chance???
    You DO know that if we dont get in that money goes towards next seasons tickets, its not like they take ur money and burn it

You should be thoroughly embarassed..... Welcome to the ****list my friend
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]The Jet's will just not go away and let the Giants be the headlines for these past two weeks of our post season.

Jet's players are screaming to get rid of Sanchez. They can't stand him and have trouble playing with him. They are requesting a new QB.

lol i love it

[/quote]yea i kind of feel bad for him. he reminds me of eli in a way. i think he has talent, he just needs time to grow. of course i dont tell jet fans that.

but i do tthink hes a major reason the jets didnt walk away with at least 1 superbowl the previous two years.
    [/quote]
    Dezz, I'vve been looking for you. Did you go to game Sunday? What did you think about fan noise at that one? It was insane![/quote]no i didnt. they sent me a letter but i wasnt going to shell out 400 bucks. i had my doubt about them as well. They got me believing now. Cowboys game was ****ing nuts. REEEAL loud. everyone was violent lol
    [/quote]Sorry Dezz but that move is straight* ***** made!!!!!

You DO know that if we dont get in that money goes towards next seasons tickets, its not like they take ur money and burn it

[/quote]Dezz, I'm only trying to help you out, the way I understand it from the contract and my friends is it's a forced buy. I would get on the phone to the office asap and see what you can do to smooth this thing over. I'm interested to see what they tell you.

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]You should be thoroughly embarassed..... Welcome to the ****list my friend
    [/quote]

how was he not already on your ****list? lol, btw that game was AWESOME, I was in section 350 row 13 seats 3/4 every time I saw Ryan audible at the line I'd scream my ****ing head off, I tried to get our "here we go giants here we go" chant going everywhere I could and did in some cases but it's hard when it's just me doing it lol, stadium was the loudest I've ever heard it though I got yelled at for hitting the side of the escalator on the way up for the chant :P... I slept for 12 hours straight after I got home lol.....

I might be buying a PSL for next year btw, you really need to get your boys to come over to D7 Kase we need to combine Tailgates I believe you have more pull with your guys then I have with mine lol.

[quote user="Kase-1"]You should be thoroughly embarassed..... Welcome to the ****list my friend
    [/quote]
    What took so long?

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]You should be thoroughly embarassed..... Welcome to the ****list my friend
    [/quote]

how was he not already on your ****list? lol, btw that game was AWESOME, I was in section 350 row 13 seats 3/4 every time I saw Ryan audible at the line I'd scream my ****ing head off, I tried to get our "here we go giants here we go" chant going everywhere I could and did in some cases but it's hard when it's just me doing it lol, stadium was the loudest I've ever heard it though I got yelled at for hitting the side of the escalator on the way up for the chant :P... I slept for 12 hours straight after I got home lol.....

I might be buying a PSL for next year btw, you really need to get your boys to come over to D7 Kase we need to combine Tailgates I believe you have more pull with your guys then I have with mine lol.
    [/quote]Very Cool game right? Awesome you and Kase experienced it as well. Sounds like tailgates will be more abundant next year.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]The Jet's will just not go away and let the Giants be the headlines for these past two weeks of our post season.

lol i love it

[/quote]
    [/quote]Sorry Dezz but that move is straight ***** made!!!!!

[/quote]Dezz, I'm only trying to help you out, the way I understand it from the contract and my friends is it's a forced buy. I would get on the phone to the office asap and see what you can do to smooth this thing over. I'm interested to see what they tell you.[/quote]Dezz if you lose your tickets its all on you, but then again have you ever been to a game???

Id call the office ASAP and start telling them some sob story
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6