Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]ESPECIALLY in the Tri-State, just look at the NY Rangers' attendance numbers, they've been sold out for decades!!!!
    [/quote]</p>

The team that plays in NYC sells out?! </p>

</p>[/quote]

LOL
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="byron"]http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/photo...hockey-players[/quote]lmao amy whinehouse

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

something has to be fast paced to be more exciting?

you guys are trying to make an arguement thats already lossed.

Then how come Arena Football isn't big?

man on third, 2 outs, bottom of an inning at bat TRUMPS anything in hockey.
    [/quote]An argument thats already lossed, how so???

Arena football isnt big for the same reason that AHL, AAA Baseball, and Euro-League Baseketball isnt big, the amount of talent just isnt there. Its no question that Football is the biggest sport out there, but now you're reaching

Man on 3rd, 2 outs, bottom of an inning could take AGES for anything to happen..... BOOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!! Only time that its remotely interesting is bottom of the 9th, tied score, full count, in the playoffs

Ill take a penalty shot with .01 left on the clock in the 3rd period over ANYTHING in baseball

Baseball is fun to play, but boring as shjt to watch, I wont even try to reason with you cause you're such a blindfolded HATER, at least Im objective with baseball you just blindly hate puck
    [/quote]

the numbers, sales, and popularity speak for themselves.

Hockey doens't pull that kind of weight nationally- unless ur in canada

and not for nothing, since the face of the NHL has been injured- popularity has dipped
    [/quote]So because #'s and sales are big means its good??

In that line of reasoning (that #'s and sales mean good product) communism would be good, rick ross would be 'talented', country music would be great, and CBS would be the only channel with decent programming

Id LOOOOOVE to hear your reasoning behind this beauty of a gem

" since the face of the NHL has been injured- popularity has dipped"

cause with the USA's biggest market's team KILLING it for months and another large market team (Detroit) breaking the record for most consecutive home wins Id say the NHLs popularity is on the HEAVY upswing.
    [/quote]

actually - yes

that would be a good sign to see how beloved it all is through the country.

They can't even get a real TV contract.
    [/quote]Im suprised your taste in music isnt all dubstep, bruno mars, rick ross, and whatever z100 tells you to like if you follow that theory that sales means its good

Im pretty sure their NBC contract is quite real, LOL

Heavy upswing sen, HEAVY UPSWING!!!!!

Just wait til you get struck with the Lund-Sanity!!!!

[/quote]

the fact that yuo know thats on Z100 tells me that you actually LISTEN to Z100

and I said a real TV contract. 1 game a week nationally televised = weak sauce

the upswing has died since Crosby has been down #sadbuttrue
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]I dont know who you're asking, maybe you gotta broaden your asking range

There's a huge contingent of hockey fans, ESPECIALLY in the Tri-State, just look at the NY Rangers' attendance numbers, they've been sold out for decades!!!!

Just because its not shown alot on ESPN doesnt mean it isnt followed, thats like saying because country music isnt on MTV doesnt mean it has no following

Sorry guys, Hockey aint goin NO WHERE!!!!
    [/quote]</p>

<font size="6">well maybe youre blinded by your own love for it.</font> [/quote]</p>

</p>

AND THE TRUTHHHHHHHHH</p>

</p>

SHALL SET YOU FREEEEEEEE
    </p>

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

im a pretty big sports guy. I couldn't name ten players in the NHL
    [/quote]Guess you're not a big sports guy

I could name 10 players from any of the big 4 sports no problem

[/quote]

that would be because everybody could name 10 players in the other 3 sports and u just happen to be a hockey guy

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]pay no mind to matt. hell jump on the ranger bandwagon once the playoffs start.

speaking of the rangers, great game last night. beat the defending champions. king quist had 40 saves and his 7th shut out of the season. 37-13. theyre playing amazing hockey.
    [/quote]

i cheer for the rangers

i want them to win it all so i have more ammo to **** on Philly and Boston fans
    <u>
    its just hockey is gay...
    </u>
    But any advantage of **** talking i can get i'll take
    [/quote]why why why? its a fast paced, hard hitting game. And I dont want to hear about the skates!
    [/quote]

its a boring game - i don't know how to word it any better

its obviously not just me, its always been the bottom of the big 4 sports.
    [/quote]OK, so you think BASEBALL is interesting and HOCKEY is the boring game!?!?!?

Discussion over, Im calling Bellevue Mental Institution and booking you a room ASAP!!!
    [/quote]
    <u>
    baseball is more entertaining than hockey..</u> but i've always maintained that basbeall is pretty boring

your going to need alot of rooms there because most of american agrees with me...

[/quote]come on . how can a fast paced game be more boring than baseball? and i love baseball. especially close games in hockey, every shot puts you on the edge of your seat, well me anyway
    [/quote]

<u>something has to be fast paced to be more exciting?</u>

<u>
    man on third, 2 outs, bottom of an inning at bat TRUMPS anything in hockey.</u>
    [/quote]yea i would think so. it help the sport to be more exciting at least. arena football isnt big because its a bunch of no names that couldnt make it in the nfl. reminds me of the quote " why have a hamburger when you have prime rib."
    a shoot out is just as exciting if not more, but that just my opinion.
    [/quote]

hate to break it to you, but hockey is bunch of no names as well

<u>I mean general opinion is on my side with this.</u> As much as u guys try and say im crazy - im in the overwelming majority
    [/quote]not necessarily, you opinion is that people dont watch hockey cause its boring. while i dont have anything to dispute that i dont think that entirely true. like i said the strike really killed the game and for some reason or another people just lost interest.
    [/quote]

my argument is that hockey isn't entertaining in comparison to other sports. <font color="#0000ff">If it was, it wouldn't be at hte bottom of the big 4
    </font>[/quote]</p>

The lockout in 04-05 put that sport in the back seat. </p>

There are two things that can kill a sport, fixed games and a lockout. </p>

</p>

[/quote]

thats actually untrue....

its empty threats by fans... but attendance and rating go up after almost every lockout/work stoppage.
    [/quote]</p>

Check the attendance of hockey gamesbefore and after the lockout. (big difference)</p>

Also do any of the major networks show games of the NHL? </p>

</p>[/quote]

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2004

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2006

and ratings actually went up

NBC does like one game a week i think

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]pay no mind to matt. hell jump on the ranger bandwagon once the playoffs start.

speaking of the rangers, great game last night. beat the defending champions. king quist had 40 saves and his 7th shut out of the season. 37-13. theyre playing amazing hockey.
    [/quote]

i cheer for the rangers

i want them to win it all so i have more ammo to **** on Philly and Boston fans
    <u>
    its just hockey is gay...
    </u>
    But any advantage of **** talking i can get i'll take
    [/quote]why why why? its a fast paced, hard hitting game. And I dont want to hear about the skates!
    [/quote]

its a boring game - i don't know how to word it any better

its obviously not just me, its always been the bottom of the big 4 sports.
    [/quote]OK, so you think BASEBALL is interesting and HOCKEY is the boring game!?!?!?

Discussion over, Im calling Bellevue Mental Institution and booking you a room ASAP!!!
    [/quote]
    <u>
    baseball is more entertaining than hockey..</u> but i've always maintained that basbeall is pretty boring

your going to need alot of rooms there because most of american agrees with me...

[/quote]come on . how can a fast paced game be more boring than baseball? and i love baseball. especially close games in hockey, every shot puts you on the edge of your seat, well me anyway
    [/quote]

<u>something has to be fast paced to be more exciting?</u>

<u>
    man on third, 2 outs, bottom of an inning at bat TRUMPS anything in hockey.</u>
    [/quote]yea i would think so. it help the sport to be more exciting at least. arena football isnt big because its a bunch of no names that couldnt make it in the nfl. reminds me of the quote " why have a hamburger when you have prime rib."
    a shoot out is just as exciting if not more, but that just my opinion.
    [/quote]

hate to break it to you, but hockey is bunch of no names as well

<u>I mean general opinion is on my side with this.</u> As much as u guys try and say im crazy - im in the overwelming majority
    [/quote]not necessarily, you opinion is that people dont watch hockey cause its boring. while i dont have anything to dispute that i dont think that entirely true. like i said the strike really killed the game and for some reason or another people just lost interest.
    [/quote]

my argument is that hockey isn't entertaining in comparison to other sports. If it was, it wouldn't be at hte bottom of the big 4
    [/quote]</p>

Well your point is (as usual) foolish.</p>

Soccer is the #1 sport in the world. So by your logic, its the most exciting sport in the world.</p>

Hockey is #4 for a lot of reasons. </p>

1. Not good on TV (can't see the friggin puck)</p>

2. Regional game not played in many emerging US markets</p>

3. Players have no teeth.</p>[/quote]

we're talking in America

I don't care what Canada or Russia thinks - you commie

theres a reason these regional games: THERES NO MARKET FOR IT.

Hockey has brimmed the lime lite for a long time now - it doesn't have a high ceiling in this country

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

my argument is that hockey isn't entertaining in comparison to other sports. If it was, it wouldn't be at hte bottom of the big 4
    [/quote]In your mind maybe, but for a while it was above the NBA in TV viewership and attendance. That doesnt mean we were getting the best the NHL had to offer, its just how it lies. The 'bottom' of the big 4 will always a revolving door, dont kid yourself just cause you hate hockey
    [/quote]

in the dog years of the NBA while NHL was peaking

thats already diminished

im not kidding my self...

Hockey if lucky can hit 3, but has a safe average at 4

Im not speaking because I hate it, im speaking this way because its true.

Your defending it because YOU love it.

The sport itself isn't as entertaining to the country - theres no doubt about it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

something has to be fast paced to be more exciting?

man on third, 2 outs, bottom of an inning at bat TRUMPS anything in hockey.
    [/quote]An argument thats already lossed, how so???

Arena football isnt big for the same reason that AHL, AAA Baseball, and Euro-League Baseketball isnt big, the amount of talent just isnt there. Its no question that Football is the biggest sport out there, but now you're reaching

Man on 3rd, 2 outs, bottom of an inning could take AGES for anything to happen..... BOOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!! Only time that its remotely interesting is bottom of the 9th, tied score, full count, in the playoffs

Ill take a penalty shot with .01 left on the clock in the 3rd period over ANYTHING in baseball

Baseball is fun to play, but boring as shjt to watch, I wont even try to reason with you cause you're such a blindfolded HATER, at least Im objective with baseball you just blindly hate puck
    [/quote]

the numbers, sales, and popularity speak for themselves.

Hockey doens't pull that kind of weight nationally- unless ur in canada

and not for nothing, since the face of the NHL has been injured- popularity has dipped
    [/quote]So because #'s and sales are big means its good??

In that line of reasoning (that #'s and sales mean good product) communism would be good, rick ross would be 'talented', country music would be great, and CBS would be the only channel with decent programming

Id LOOOOOVE to hear your reasoning behind this beauty of a gem

" since the face of the NHL has been injured- popularity has dipped"

cause with the USA's biggest market's team KILLING it for months and another large market team (Detroit) breaking the record for most consecutive home wins Id say the NHLs popularity is on the HEAVY upswing.
    [/quote]

actually - yes

that would be a good sign to see how beloved it all is through the country.

They can't even get a real TV contract.
    [/quote]Im suprised your taste in music isnt all dubstep, bruno mars, rick ross, and whatever z100 tells you to like if you follow that theory that sales means its good

Im pretty sure their NBC contract is quite real, LOL

Heavy upswing sen, HEAVY UPSWING!!!!!

Just wait til you get struck with the Lund-Sanity!!!!

[/quote]

the fact that yuo know thats on Z100 tells me that you actually LISTEN to Z100

and I said a real TV contract. 1 game a week nationally televised = weak sauce

the upswing has died since Crosby has been down #sadbuttrue
    [/quote]LOL I said z100 cause its the most poppy station with all of the 'popular' music.

A network contract is a real contract, its similar to baseball, 1 game per week nationally televised, so weak contract??

You have nothing to prove that the upswing dies since crysby has been injured AGAIN, if anything the Rangers run has added fuel to the upswing

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]In your mind maybe, but for a while it was above the NBA in TV viewership and attendance. That doesnt mean we were getting the best the NHL had to offer, its just how it lies. The 'bottom' of the big 4 will always a revolving door, dont kid yourself just cause you hate hockey
    [/quote]

in the dog years of the NBA while NHL was peaking

thats already diminished

im not kidding my self...

Hockey if lucky can hit 3, but has a safe average at 4

Im not speaking because I hate it, im speaking this way because its true.

Your defending it because YOU love it.

The sport itself isn't as entertaining to the country - theres no doubt about it
    [/quote]And the NBA was peaking in the dog years of the NHL