Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    TV Ratings and total amount of people to the game speaks for itself.

Also the fact that so many teams sell out at home and not on the road just further proves the point how its not a nationally accepted game.

3-1 in a finals series on Ratings. THATS HUUUGE

[/quote]Do you even know what your argument is??? You keep changing it so often its dizzying.

1st it was boring, then it had no fans, then it had no tv contract, then it had no momentum once crosby was gone, then it had no tv ratings, and now it has no road following??

I think you just like arguing AGAINST hockey
    [/quote]

No YOU changed it.

I said its a boring sport and the numbers prove it.

You quoted the numbers and made a point that they sell out...

It is still apart of the big 4... but the TV ratings blow.

Go look at 08-09's numbers, significant drop since then.

You then said that they outsell the NBA and quoted a percentage, but the hard numbers tell you thats not true.

Do you know what your arguing anymore because I've just responded to YOUR points?

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

cold hard numbers will tell u otherwise.
    [/quote]LMAO, you're too much man

You're so blind about how much you hate the game, its crazy
    [/quote]
    You do love hockey alot Kase and we all appreciate that but your love won't let you see the other side of the argument.

Personally I would rather watch baseball than hockey and I hate baseball. I watched the Olympic hockey when we played Canada and that was awesome. I will also watch the Rangers to support my boy Kase. Maybe I would watch some playoff hockey but I doubt it. Never have before.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

[/quote]

your love is blinding you

its funny, go look at the bottom of the barrell of the overall sell out stats.

Islanders total sellout rating was 81.5% and they average 14,220 people a game,

Then go look at the 76ers who who have an 80.8% but have JUST under 16k a game...

Smaller percentage but about 1800 people MORE a game. Your trying to somehow say thats a victory for the NHL in your comparison

and then on the flipside, Edmonton which is one of the teams that averages most sellouts at home only seats 16k.....

so like I said, your percentage argument is weak

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]2010-2011NBA Attendance
    <a href="http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/sort/homePct">
    </a>2010-2011 NHL Attendance

Judging by the fact that the NBA had 6 teams that sold out every game and the NHL LITERALLY had double that with 12 teams, id have to say that hockey was more of the fan favorite
    [/quote]

http://fangsbites.com/2011/06/nba-fi...ecord-for-abc/

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/cutline/...211228847.html

/fin
    [/quote]Fin dis****, LOL

NBA has TV ratings, NHL has ACTUAL attendance

Take that as NBA fans really dont care about their team they just barely follow them, NHL fans are dedicated and show support in person and thats what matters....LOL
    [/quote]

actually by the numbers u gave me, NBA has a slight advantage attendance wise and a MAJOR advantage TV wise.
    [/quote]How so??

The NHL has 12 teams that sold out EVERY SINGLE one of their games, the NBA had 6
    [/quote]
    How many of the 12 were in Canada?
    [/quote]

lol i didn' teven factor that in...

take out canadian teams and not only does NHL's numbers drop but NBA's numbers rise

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

Also the fact that so many teams sell out at home and not on the road just further proves the point how its not a nationally accepted game.

[/quote]Do you even know what your argument is??? You keep changing it so often its dizzying.

1st it was boring, then it had no fans, then it had no tv contract, then it had no momentum once crosby was gone, then it had no tv ratings, and now it has no road following??

[/quote]

No YOU changed it.

You then said that they outsell the NBA and quoted a percentage, but the hard numbers tell you thats not true.

Do you know what your arguing anymore because I've just responded to YOUR points?

[/quote]LOL, well now we're just gonna go back and forth arent we...

You said the numbers prove that its 'boring' and I proved you wrong

The numbers HAVENT dropped 'significantly' the NHL has remained consistent with 12 teams that sell out EVERY HOME GAME, and the NBA can BARELY manage a handful, thats what the 'hard numbers' tell me, but you'll twist that somehow, its all good

The points I keep arguing are the ones that you keep changing on me, everytime I make a point you change the argument
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

[/quote]

Then go look at the 76ers who who have an 80.8% but have JUST under 16k a game...

Smaller percentage but about 1800 people MORE a game. Your trying to somehow say thats a victory for the NHL in your comparison

and then on the flipside, Edmonton which is one of the teams that averages most sellouts at home only seats 16k.....

[/quote]Your hate is blinding you

So now my argument is weak because the NHL arenas hold a few less patrons and yes the bottom of the barrel may look in your favor but there are 25+ teams in the NBA that cant sell out their home games, twist that how you want but they cant sell out their home games and the NHL can
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

No YOU changed it.

[/quote]LOL, well now we're just gonna go back and forth arent we...

You said the numbers prove that its 'boring' and I proved you wrong

The numbers HAVENT dropped 'significantly' the NHL has remained consistent with 12 teams that sell out EVERY HOME GAME, and the NBA can BARELY manage a handful, thats what the 'hard numbers' tell me, but you'll twist that somehow, its all good

The points I keep arguing are the ones that you keep changing on me, everytime I make a point you change the argument
    [/quote]

the national TV numbers prove that america isn't interested in it- hence its boring

Stop looking at just home games and look at OVERALL NUMBERS. OVERALL NUMBERS show the truth.

I never denied there weren't some hockey towns, this argument is baout the national level of the league. And American doesn't really give a **** about hockey

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]2010-2011NBA Attendance

Judging by the fact that the NBA had 6 teams that sold out every game and the NHL LITERALLY had double that with 12 teams, id have to say that hockey was more of the fan favorite
    [/quote]

/fin
    [/quote]Fin dis****, LOL

Take that as NBA fans really dont care about their team they just barely follow them, NHL fans are dedicated and show support in person and thats what matters....LOL
    [/quote]

actually by the numbers u gave me, NBA has a slight advantage attendance wise and a MAJOR advantage TV wise.
    [/quote]How so??

The NHL has 12 teams that sold out EVERY SINGLE one of their games, the NBA had 6
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

take out canadian teams and not only does NHL's numbers drop but NBA's numbers rise
    [/quote]Take out the Canadian teams and the NHL STILL has more teams that consistently sell out EVERY HOME GAME, so suck it, LOL

But you cant do that since both leagues have teams in Canada, so suck it again, LOL

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

[/quote]

[/quote]Your hate is blinding you

So now my argument is weak because the NHL arenas hold a few less patrons and yes the bottom of the barrel may look in your favor but there are 25+ teams in the NBA that cant sell out their home games, twist that how you want but they cant sell out their home games and the NHL can
    [/quote]

no it doesn't make your argument weak - but it makes the point u tried to make as weak

u refuse to look at the hard numbers and just on the percentages. I just showed u why its stupid to do so..

of the 12 teams are Canadian teams. This whole argument was based on America not giving a **** about Hockey because its boring

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]2010-2011NBA Attendance

[/quote]

/fin
    [/quote]Fin dis****, LOL

[/quote]

[/quote]How so??

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]Take out the Canadian teams and the NHL STILL has more teams that consistently sell out EVERY HOME GAME, so suck it, LOL

But you cant do that since both leagues have teams in Canada, so suck it again, LOL
    [/quote]