Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]
    LOL, you just mentioned the 'Nets'.... You mean the Islanders of the NBA??

Whats the big debate for today, me and dezz vs Pappy on the Hip Hop vs Rock debate??
    [/quote]</p>

Dude, Nets are going to be the next big thing. Even if it takes them a few years to get on their feet talent-wise...the move to BK, and with the amount of "hype men" giving them exposure....
    Sounds corny, but Jay-Z gives the team a little bit of life that they've lacked. And gives the team just a liiiiittle bit more influence when it comes to signing new players, imo...
    might not work out, but never know...</p>[/quote]LOL, the Nets may get some attention, but they're NEVER gonna over take the Knicks as the #1 basketball team in town. The Mets, Islanders, Devils, and even Jets had years where they were the 'hot item in town' but they never overtook the Yanks, Rangers, and Giants as the #1 teams in their sports in the Tri-State Area

They will have the hype and such next season when they play their 1st season in BK, but soon enough everyone will realize they're the same ol NJ Nets they just play in Downtown BK
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

cold hard numbers will tell u otherwise.
    [/quote]LMAO, you're too much man

You're so blind about how much you hate the game, its crazy
    [/quote]

your love is blinding you

its funny, go look at the bottom of the barrell of the overall sell out stats.

Islanders total sellout rating was 81.5% and they average 14,220 people a game,

Then go look at the 76ers who who have an 80.8% but have JUST under 16k a game...

Smaller percentage but about 1800 people MORE a game. Your trying to somehow say thats a victory for the NHL in your comparison

and then on the flipside, Edmonton which is one of the teams that averages most sellouts at home only seats 16k.....

so like I said, your percentage argument is weak

[/quote]Your hate is blinding you

So now my argument is weak because the NHL arenas hold a few less patrons and yes the bottom of the barrel may look in your favor but there are 25+ teams in the NBA that cant sell out their home games, twist that how you want but they cant sell out their home games and the NHL can
    [/quote]

no it doesn't make your argument weak - but it makes the point u tried to make as weak

u refuse to look at the hard numbers and just on the percentages. I just showed u why its stupid to do so..

of the 12 teams are Canadian teams. This whole argument was based on America not giving a **** about Hockey because its boring
    [/quote]Yea forgive me for not wanting to add up all 64 collective teams attendance numbers, looking at the % of home games they sell out says enough for me

Even without the Canadian teams, there are more NHL teams than NBA teams that sell out consistently

And BTW you have no way of proving your argument that 'America doesnt care about hockey cause its boring', you're waaaaaaay too general with your point
    [/quote]

andddd they also have smaller capacity stadiums

hence why your averages are weak and having one more "HOCKEY TOWN" doesn't equate to anything when your talking on a national level.

[/quote]Annnnnnddd they also sell out at double the amount of cities.

Boom Roasted

[/quote]

and only in those cities in which half are canadian countries and really doesn't matter in this arguement.

if u want me to say that hockey is bigger in canada than nba is in america... i'd concur

make this stop kase, its almost like a jet/mets fan saying they run NY

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

lol whattup ****tards.

Glad to see the hockey argument went on for 6 pages yesterday lmao</p>

for the record. I do like hockey, i really do...
    but my interest has fallen off significantly ever since i graduated high school.
    If you asked me last year which i rather watch, NBA, vs NHL...i would have said nhl...but now with the Knicks and Nets makin moves for the future, it's pulled me back in.
    I still got love for the Rangers though!</p>[/quote]You can thank me and Matt for making everyone's day FLY by yesterday, LOL

Whats the big debate for today, me and dezz vs Pappy on the Hip Hop vs Rock debate??
    [/quote]

The nets are gearing up for the move to Brooklyn though. I agree that in NJ they are VERY comparable to the Islanders (except they've actually had some success in the past 20 years)

But the move to brooklyn and getting Howard will out trump anything in hockey

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]</p>

Dude, Nets are going to be the next big thing. Even if it takes them a few years to get on their feet talent-wise...the move to BK, and with the amount of "hype men" giving them exposure....
    Sounds corny, but Jay-Z gives the team a little bit of life that they've lacked. And gives the team just a liiiiittle bit more influence when it comes to signing new players, imo...
    might not work out, but never know...</p>[/quote]

na - if they get Howard they will be the story. If they don't, then they won't

i am so surprised to hear that the Nets are still on top of their list

that crazy Russian must have a seperate bank account for DHow all ready in Mosgow

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]</p>

might not work out, but never know...</p>[/quote]LOL, the Nets may get some attention, but they're NEVER gonna over take the Knicks as the #1 basketball team in town. The Mets, Islanders, Devils, and even Jets had years where they were the 'hot item in town' but they never overtook the Yanks, Rangers, and Giants as the #1 teams in their sports in the Tri-State Area

They will have the hype and such next season when they play their 1st season in BK, but soon enough everyone will realize they're the same ol NJ Nets they just play in Downtown BK
    [/quote]

na your crazy... you takl about hockey towns - Brooklyn is THEE basketball town. They will need Howard to give it any real significance though.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]smaller stadiums, makes a smaller crowd look better percentage wise - thats just twisting the math around

cold hard numbers will tell u otherwise.
    [/quote]LMAO, you're too much man

You're so blind about how much you hate the game, its crazy
    [/quote]

your love is blinding you

its funny, go look at the bottom of the barrell of the overall sell out stats.

Islanders total sellout rating was 81.5% and they average 14,220 people a game,

Then go look at the 76ers who who have an 80.8% but have JUST under 16k a game...

Smaller percentage but about 1800 people MORE a game. Your trying to somehow say thats a victory for the NHL in your comparison

and then on the flipside, Edmonton which is one of the teams that averages most sellouts at home only seats 16k.....

so like I said, your percentage argument is weak

[/quote]Your hate is blinding you

So now my argument is weak because the NHL arenas hold a few less patrons and yes the bottom of the barrel may look in your favor but there are 25+ teams in the NBA that cant sell out their home games, twist that how you want but they cant sell out their home games and the NHL can
    [/quote]

no it doesn't make your argument weak - but it makes the point u tried to make as weak

u refuse to look at the hard numbers and just on the percentages. I just showed u why its stupid to do so..

of the 12 teams are Canadian teams. This whole argument was based on America not giving a **** about Hockey because its boring
    [/quote]Yea forgive me for not wanting to add up all 64 collective teams attendance numbers, looking at the % of home games they sell out says enough for me

Even without the Canadian teams, there are more NHL teams than NBA teams that sell out consistently

And BTW you have no way of proving your argument that 'America doesnt care about hockey cause its boring', you're waaaaaaay too general with your point
    [/quote]

andddd they also have smaller capacity stadiums

hence why your averages are weak and having one more "HOCKEY TOWN" doesn't equate to anything when your talking on a national level.

[/quote]Annnnnnddd they also sell out at double the amount of cities.

Boom Roasted

[/quote]

and only in those cities in which half are canadian countries and really doesn't matter in this arguement.

if u want me to say that hockey is bigger in canada than nba is in america... i'd concur

make this stop kase, its almost like a jet/mets fan saying they run NY

[/quote]I thought it was over til you re-ignited the fire today, so thats on you homeboy

They still sell out more American cities than the NBA does
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]</p>

might not work out, but never know...</p>[/quote]

na - if they get Howard they will be the story. If they don't, then they won't

i am so surprised to hear that the Nets are still on top of their list

that crazy Russian must have a seperate bank account for DHow all ready in Mosgow
    [/quote]Yea the Nets will be the story for a year or so, like I said before it happened to the most pitiful franchises in Tri-State history, but after that initial shock year its back to normal

Hey the Mets and Jets, even the Islanders had some big signings in their time but in the long run they still played 2nd or in some cases 3rd fiddle

The Nets will NEVER overtake the Knicks as the #1 hoops team in town

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]</P>

Dude, <FONT color=#0000ff>Nets are going to be the next big thing</FONT>. Even if it takes them a few years to get on their feet talent-wise...the move to BK, and with the amount of "hype men" giving them exposure....
    might not work out, but never know...</P>

[/quote]</P>

That made me laugh. </P>

No offense to Net fans, but moving to Brooklyn and having some Russian and Jay Z as your owners is not turning that franchise into a "big thing"</P>

The Knicks will always be the main show in NY. </P>

Take the N away from Nets and you have the Mets of basketball...</P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

na your crazy... you takl about hockey towns - Brooklyn is THEE basketball town. They will need Howard to give it any real significance though.
    [/quote]BK is part of THEE biggest Basketball town in the WORLD, what's your point??

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]

[/quote]</p>

Dude, <font color="#0000ff">Nets are going to be the next big thing</font>. Even if it takes them a few years to get on their feet talent-wise...the move to BK, and with the amount of "hype men" giving them exposure....
    might not work out, but never know...</p>

[/quote]</p>

That made me laugh. </p>

No offense to Net fans, but moving to Brooklyn and having some Russian and Jay Z as your owners is not turning that franchise into a "big thing"</p>

The Knicks will always be the main show in NY. </p>

Take the N away from Nets and you have the Mets of basketball...</p>

</p>[/quote]or the Jets of basketball

....Trying to be the big thing in town, and it may last for a year or 2, but this IS and always will be a GIANTS, oh I mean KNICKS TOWN!!!!