Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Well no **** Kase. lol You live in NY and it's the NY Rangers. I would expect them to put it on. Any city that doesn't have a hockey team will not be showing Hockey on any of their TV's. Why you may ask....cause no one gives a ****!
    [/quote]By that reasoning any city that doesnt have a basketball team wouldnt show a hoops game.

Your care package is gonna be on the way right after we get these SB Programs, me, Ed and Bennett are taking a trip to the dollar store in an hr or so
    [/quote]
    Exactly my point my good friend. They will show BBall from any other city or state because it's popular nationwide. Thank you for proving mine and Matt's point. Holler at me when they start showing NHL games on ESPN or TNT in primetime. 1 nationally televised game a week? C'Mon Maaaaaaan

Thank you very much for the care package. As you know it means alot to me. I really do appreciate it and if you need reimbursement for postage please let me know.
    [/quote]NHL on NATIONWIDE on NBCSports more nights than NBA on TNT in addition to 1 game per week on NBC while NBA has 1 game on ABC per week

I really hope I can find these dollar store programs cause you'll def get one. You're my boy and I gotta let you get some Giants stuff cause its tough out there in SLC
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

I can't even name 5 hockey players that play today and I am constantly on ESPN, watching SportsCenter, Sports Illustrated all the above. It never gets talked about or shown anywhere. Even Linda Cohn complains all the time on SC, "When are we going to do hockey highlights?" Uhhhh later Linda, no one gives a **** about hockey. Maybe after they talk about Peytons neck the second time. Only time I ever see hockey is in the top 10.

[quote user="Kase-1"]I really hope I can find these dollar store programs cause you'll def get one. You're my boy and I gotta let you get some Giants stuff cause its tough out there in SLC
    [/quote]
    Tough?! lol Try impossible. Everything I get is online. EVERYTHING

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]
    That is debatable but no way to get a real answer.
    [/quote]Well Im happy you asked, I judged it by the amount of cities that sellout their home games and in the NHL there were 12 teams that sold out 100% of their games and 4 more that sold out 99% of their games, while the NBA had 6 teams that sold out 100% of their home games and 3 teams that sold out 99% of their games

[/quote]
    You subtract Canada?

[/quote]Why subtract Canadia, they have teams in both sports.

But even without Canadia NHL has 11 teams that sellout 99% or better and the NBA has 9 that sellout 99% or better
    [/quote]
    So it's almost even. lol

Your case is getting weaker and weaker by the minute...
    [/quote]Almost doesnt mean tish, the pats ALMOST won the super bowl, the Bills were ALMOST 4x SB champions

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]I really hope I can find these dollar store programs cause you'll def get one. You're my boy and I gotta let you get some Giants stuff cause its tough out there in SLC
    [/quote]
    Tough?! lol Try impossible. Everything I get is online. EVERYTHING
    [/quote]Except that jacket that my neighbor had for 6months LOL

[{]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

yea but the fact remains that NBA has 4 more NBA franchises, bigger stadiums, and bigger crowds

/end game
    [/quote]4 more Franchises that cant sellout, bigger arenas that are empty and bigger crowds that arent filling the seats
    [/quote]

they average more people per game and only ONE NHL team sells out every night, while two NBA teams sell out every night on average regardless of where they play.
    [/quote]More people cause there's more seats
    More NHL teams can support strong home fanbases while NBA teams have better road followings
    [/quote]

Not if u take out the Canadian franchises
    [/quote]If you take out the Canadian teams there are still more NHL teams that sell out on a consistent basis
    [/quote]

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/...11/sort/allPct

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/...11/sort/allPct

the truth will set you free
    [/quote]The NHL would still have more teams (Chicago, Philthy, SJ, DC, STL, Boston, Pittsburgh) compared to the NBA (Dallas, Chicago, Portland, Orlando, Miami, Boston)

The NHL also has 4 teams that sellout 99% of their games compared to the NBAs 3
    [/quote]

bottom line is that overall both leagues don't sell out overall and can sell more tickets if they had the fan base and the NBA still outdraws the NHL
    [/quote]

Bottom line is that the NBA cant stand up to the NHL in selling out and maintaining strong fanbases. If they had the fanbases of the NFL we'd both be screwed as fans, then again thatll never happen cause NBA and NHL have 82 game seasons
    [/quote]

I see rex is back making ridic statements
    [/quote]Nah I gotta say the most ridiculous statement was saying that the nation doesnt care about hockey, cause it plain and simple isnt true
    [/quote]

its actually quite true

hockey towns care about hockey - thats about it...
    [/quote]And there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns'
    [/quote]

the country loves basketball and the NBA

Its clear that that isn't the case for NHL

As much as we hate ESPN and sportscenter and what its become, it is all about the most pop things. Go watch an hour of Sportscenter and tell me how much love Hockey gets over hoops
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"]I can't even name 5 hockey players that play today and I am constantly on ESPN, watching SportsCenter, Sports Illustrated all the above. It never gets talked about or shown anywhere. Even Linda Cohn complains all the time on SC, "When are we going to do hockey highlights?" Uhhhh later Linda, no one gives a **** about hockey. Maybe after they talk about Peytons neck the second time. Only time I ever see hockey is in the top 10.
    [/quote]Cmon we all know ESPN sucks, especially when their network doesnt have an NHL contract like they (ABC Networks) do with Baseball, Basketball, and Football

Why do I know that you CAN name 5 hockey players

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]N.B.A. telecasts outdraw N.H.L. telecasts by somewhere between a 3-to-1 and 4-to-1 margin in America.[/quote]</p>

You guys just don't get it. Hockey doesn't do well on TV because of the smallness of the puck. HD helps, but not enough. But the game is a great one. Far more fast paced, far more exciting. Plus you can hit people. </p>

The NBA is essentially a sucky game. Its popular in the same way as Survivor or American Idol is popular. I can't watch a friggin basketball game until the 4th quarter. I get that you guys love it and I think thats great. You love your hoops and I get that. But don't knock hockey because you don't get it. Quoting attendance and TV stats is a losing argument. Basketball translates better to TV. And TV is where its at. Doesn't say anything about the quality of each game.</p>

One thing we learned in the radio business.....The masses are asses.</p>

</p>[/quote]

well if thats your argument then I guess Hockey fans aren't as diehard as you suggest.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]the truth is that nobody really cares throughout the whole country

[quote user="Kase-1"]
    See ridiculous generalized statements like that make this argument go on WAY too long
    [/quote]
    I believe this to be true as well Kase. General statement or not. If we are going with majority it's true.
    [/quote]And if we're going with general statements, there are more 'hockeytowns' than 'basketballtowns' so then Nationwide hockey has a bigger following
    [/quote]lol there aren't more HOCKEY towns...

like I pointed out before, NBA has 29 different american teams and NHL has 25

the country follows basketball not nhl...

we can poll the average sports fan and see their general knowledge of NBA vs NHL

OK my argument is on hold, Pappy keep it up and dont let Matt win this one, LOL

Im out for now, time to see if these Super Bowl 46 programs at the Dollar Tree are a reality, they were mentioned in a thread the other day and Im going out to see whats good. Ill keep all of ya posted