Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Nothing was official as of 1 a.m. ET Friday morning, but both the New York Daily News and Hoopsworld reported that free agent J.R. Smith and the Knicks are on the verge of a deal. Barring a last-second snag, Smith should be a Knick by this weekend, earning the $2.5 million exception.

The Knicks could be the best team in the East....
    [/quote]

im actually not in love wtih that move...

not enough balls to go around in NY

I think he would of fit perfectly with the Lakers

not sure why he was going for Clips and Knicks

you KNOW your coming off the bench there - he prob could of started for Lakers and put them back in the top talks
    [/quote]</P>

I think i like the move. who would you rather see with the ball? Walker or JR Smith? thought so. lol
    He's an awesome 6th man, that's for damn sure. Did he wanna play with Melo again or something? I didnt really read much about it to be honest</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    yup

and im pretty sure anybody up there hates the city

they feel they are the REAL new york

have u ever met a Buffalo Bills fan?

I mean its like saying that south jersey should be Giants fans because they've been around a long time and play in jersey - but south jersey is clearly eagle country
    [/quote]</P>

I know only a few bills fans...one is a chick who actually is a real fan, and she's obnoxious as ****.
    She's all about them being the "only NY team", and callsthe gmen and jetsjersey teams etc....
    got into a fight with her multiple times....i called her out during the superbowl because she was rooting for the pats. ALOT OF bills and jets fan pulling for the pats. I told her along with the jets fans, that they were to hand in their fan cards, because that's esentially treason.
    I dont care if you root against my team, thats fine....but rooting for division rivals? sickening...</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Plus it's insurance for Melo. That groin is tender. LaLa needs to put in some work.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

lol, thank you for recognizing Poughkeepsie as a downstate city. I'm tired of ppl considering anything more than 30 mins from the city "upstate"...its hard to defend.
    to me, upstate is north of albany.</p>[/quote]

yea but there were other teams close to alot of places in north NY than the Rangers

I doubt there are very many Rangers fans that north i the state. They've had closer franchises that have been around along time. Plus while the Sabers only came in 1970, its still been 40 years - im sure thats long enough to build a fan base.

Infact they draw better at home than the Rangers draw at home
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Nothing was official as of 1 a.m. ET Friday morning, but both the New York Daily News and Hoopsworld reported that free agent J.R. Smith and the Knicks are on the verge of a deal. Barring a last-second snag, Smith should be a Knick by this weekend, earning the $2.5 million exception.

[/quote]

you KNOW your coming off the bench there - he prob could of started for Lakers and put them back in the top talks
    [/quote]</p>

I think i like the move. who would you rather see with the ball? Walker or JR Smith? thought so. lol
    He's an awesome 6th man, that's for damn sure. Did he wanna play with Melo again or something? I didnt really read much about it to be honest</p>[/quote]

in general, smith

but with the amount of shots that Smith needs to take, i think for the team Walker may be the better option

[quote user="JPizzack"]

yup

I mean its like saying that south jersey should be Giants fans because they've been around a long time and play in jersey - but south jersey is clearly eagle country
    [/quote]</p>

I know only a few bills fans...one is a chick who actually is a real fan, and she's obnoxious as ****.
    She's all about them being the "only NY team", and callsthe gmen and jetsjersey teams etc....
    got into a fight with her multiple times....i called her out during the superbowl because she was rooting for the pats. ALOT OF bills and jets fan pulling for the pats. I told her along with the jets fans, that they were to hand in their fan cards, because that's esentially treason.
    I dont care if you root against my team, thats fine....but rooting for division rivals? sickening...</p>[/quote]
    I bet that was fun for you after THEE game when we whooped that ***!!!

<font color="#0000FF">It's also really cool that we all went to a game the year we won the Superbowl. The one in 07 brought everyone on the boards for the majority so it's cool everyone here has met and now we are champs. </font>

Except Dezzzzzzzzzzzz []

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Nothing was official as of 1 a.m. ET Friday morning, but both the New York Daily News and Hoopsworld reported that free agent J.R. Smith
    and the Knicks are on the verge of a deal. Barring a last-second snag,
    Smith should be a Knick by this weekend, earning the $2.5 million
    exception.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    I picked him up in hopes he would go to the Lakers. Hopefully it's not true. lol You are right about that. He could have started to.

It makes the bench so much stronger for the Knicks. They are deeeeeeeep.
    [/quote]

i dunno...

i mean the knicks were having problems Melo and Amare pre-lin...

now lin is there it is actually leaving chandler as the beneficiary. Now also Lin is another guy that can score. Amare is still a superstar and now you have to incorporate Melo and JR Smith who are two huge ball hogs

i dunno, i mean just the idea of adding a talent like smith is good but im just not sure it can work...

I mean im sure everybody would love having Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitz, and Hakeem Nicks as your receiving core - but in reality how do u keep them all happy?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

He's an awesome 6th man, that's for damn sure. Did he wanna play with Melo again or something? I didnt really read much about it to be honest</P>

[/quote]

in general, smith

but with the amount of shots that Smith needs to take, i think for the team Walker may be the better option
    [/quote]</P>

ehh....this gives them a legitimate outside threat. Walker isn't much of a threat, though he's a decent roleplayer i suppose.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

yup

[/quote]</p>

I dont care if you root against my team, thats fine....but rooting for division rivals? sickening...</p>[/quote]
    I bet that was fun for you after THEE game when we whooped that ***!!!

<font color="#0000FF">It's also really cool that we all went to a game the year we won the Superbowl. The one in 07 brought everyone on the boards for the majority so it's cool everyone here has met and now we are champs. </font>

Except Dezzzzzzzzzzzz []
    [/quote]

now what would of happened if you DIDNT come?!

and i would just like to say that I'm a good luck charm for the new york giants.... since i met Hakeem and talked to him we tore it up and won a superbowl and he balled out

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV
    [/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.
    [/quote]In SLC its Channel 34

NBC Sports SLC TV Listing
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'