Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]<font size="4" color="#0000FF">Infact they draw better at home than the Rangers draw at home</font>
    [/quote]
    There's not much to do up there besides eat wings. Especially when there is no football.

You could also factor into the argument populations in cities and areas but that would take a while. I just find it strange that <font size="5">Buffalo sells out more than NY</font> since the amount of people are probably alot different in the cities.

Places with more people should always sell out either sport. Memphis Grizzlies for example. They are a really good team with good players but I saw a game the other day with the attendance around 4,000. That is embarrassing. I know that place is poor as **** but still....

[/quote]FALSE!!!!

NYR- 99.5%
    Buffalo- 98.7%

I guess Mormon Math is different

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/...1/sort/homePct
    [/quote]
    I didn't say that ya chump. lol

Recognize before you go bashing peoples ice cream churning wives.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV
    [/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.
    [/quote]In SLC its Channel 34

NBC Sports SLC TV Listing
    [/quote]
    I was speaking about at the bars or restaurants. Everyone knows what channel it's on. Basic cable and they still don't show it.
    [/quote]
    thats not basic cable...

NBC Sports is a new channel which use to be Versus
    [/quote]Im almost 100% sure that IS included in basic cable, just like TNT is...
    [/quote]
    For sure, at least here it is.

[quote user="Kase-1"]How bout next time you're at the bar YOU ask them to put on the game!!!!

[/quote]
    They don't want people to leave pimp.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Its 250pages of BEAUTY!!!!!
    [/quote]
    Boy ya ya ya ya ya ya yoioioioing.

6 to Midnight
    [/quote]Yeeeeaaa the Rangers program that you're getting isnt 250 pages, sorry man
    [/quote]
    Quit playing with my emotions.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Lando also lives in a city where they have a NBA team and THATS IT!!!!

Of course they'd show basketball
    [/quote]

Yes, but the fact that he never sees hockey is the moral of that story.

Im sure they have more than 1 TV
    [/quote]He never chooses to watch it, I guarantee that hockey is on in Lando's market. Yes it wont be as big cause cmon SLC has a NBA team not an NHL team, I wont front about that
    [/quote]
    Even on a night with no Bball and 10 hockey games they don't show hockey anywhere. They don't even show the playoff games.
    [/quote]In SLC its Channel 34

NBC Sports SLC TV Listing
    [/quote]
    I was speaking about at the bars or restaurants. Everyone knows what channel it's on. Basic cable and they still don't show it.
    [/quote]
    thats not basic cable...

NBC Sports is a new channel which use to be Versus
    [/quote]Im almost 100% sure that IS included in basic cable, just like TNT is...
    [/quote]

In October 2005, Versus elected not to provide NHL coverage to a number of distributors, including EchoStar (Dish Network) and Cablevision,
    both of which refused Comcast's request to place Versus on a much
    higher-penetration package. During this time, NHL coverage was blacked
    out on these systems, replaced with other programming. It was believed
    that the reason behind these blackouts had to do with a penalty fee that
    Comcast would have had to pay the NHL if they did not significantly
    increase their distribution.<sup class="Template-Fact" style="white-space:nowrap;">[<span title="This claim needs references to reliable sources from April 2010">citation needed</span>]</sup></p>

While Cablevision eventually came to an agreement making OLN/Versus
    available to any customer with digital cable, EchoStar retaliated by
    pulling OLN from its service; it was Dish Network's stance that few of
    its customers would be willing to have the channel if it meant raising
    rates. On April 24, 2006, the same date that OLN announced the
    late-September name change to Versus, Dish Network and OLN reached a
    long term agreement to restore the channel.</p>

At the beginning of September 2009, DirecTV
    pulled Versus from its lineup, as it was unable to reach terms on a
    rate increase demanded by Comcast. In public statements (including a
    message shown on the channel which formerly carried Versus), DirecTV
    scolded Comcast for its "unfair and outrageous demands", and considered
    the company to be "simply piggish" in its demands for higher rates, as
    it described Versus as "a paid programming and infomercial channel with occasional sporting events."<sup id="cite_ref-33" class="reference"><span>[</span>34<span>]</span></sup>
    On March 15, 2010 an agreement was reached between the sides and Versus
    returned to DirecTV's lineup. The channel was returned to its original
    package on the service, Choice Xtra.<sup id="cite_ref-resolution_34-0" class="reference"><span>[</span>35<span>]</span></sup></p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

got that off wiki, i knew there was something up with versus i remember hearing about it not showing hockey games
    <sup id="cite_ref-resolution_34-0" class="reference"></sup></p>
    [/quote]Your point being.......

Versus is no longer a station, its NBC Sports and they're in EVERY SINGLE MARKET. Would I have any point to bring up a failed NBA TV agreement?? The answer is NO

You can keep reaching but the stars will always be in the sky sen
    [/quote]

because u don't have one. They may of lost NBC but still picked up ABC.

While also maintaining ESPN and TNT.

To put it in perspective - hockey tried to start their own station because ESPN wouldn't give them a big deal in which they then had to sell a few years later

theres no reaching - thats facts

[/quote]ESPN/ABC offered them a sour deal, so they took a good deal with NBC, the same that the NBA did when they went from NBC to ABC, I still dont see your point

You're reaching cause you're hating, its all good man, you can admit it

You can keep reaching for those stars, but theyll always be in the sky
    [/quote]

now ur just tlaking out of ur ***

NBA ON NBC: "When NBC Sports' contract with the NBA expired in 2002, the broadcast rights were passed to ABC, which began airing games the next season. NBC had made a four-year, $1.3 billion bid in the spring of 2002 to renew its NBA coverage, but the league instead made six-year deals worth $4 billion with ESPN, ABC and TNT.[7]"

NHL ON ESPN: "Though the two are friends, Bettman had a tough message to deliver: Days
    earlier, ESPN told the league that it would make an aggressive bid on
    the NHL's media package. Bettman told Roberts that ESPN's planned bid of
    $160 million to $170 million per year would test NBC's and Versus'
    right-to-match clause, which several media executives described as the
    tightest such clause they had ever seen. The clause gave NBC the right
    to match any deal the NHL signed with another network"

NHL ended up on settling on 10 years 2 bil deal

dude this comparing Kias to Mercedes
    [/quote]You started to compare the TV deals, I have stayed away from the TV debate cause its obviously in the NBA's favor

Honestly I could careless about TV deals which is why I never spoke on em
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="Kase-1"]ESPN wouldn't give them a big deal
    [/quote]
    Why?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]youre an hour upstate man. lol it takes like 5-6 to get to canada. nys a big state brotha
    [/quote]

lol, thank you for recognizing Poughkeepsie as a downstate city. I'm tired of ppl considering anything more than 30 mins from the city "upstate"...its hard to defend.
    to me, upstate is north of albany.</p>[/quote]

yea but there were other teams close to alot of places in north NY than the Rangers

I doubt there are very many Rangers fans that north i the state. They've had closer franchises that have been around along time. Plus while the Sabers only came in 1970, its still been 40 years - im sure thats long enough to build a fan base.

Infact they draw better at home than the Rangers draw at home
    [/quote]Im almost 100% sure Albany carries MSG and NESN so they have Rangers and Bruins games on TV and Radio
    [/quote]

im sure all of NY does, just by general contract

i would bet even buffalo does as well

but i mean not for nothing, Buffalo sells out more at home than the Rangers do in a similiar capacity stadium with probably 1/5th of the population
    [/quote]I guarantee that you're wrong on that one. Buffalo is much closer to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Toronto, and a few others that it is to NYC

And you have it wrong, the last time Buffalo had better attendance than NYR was in 07-08 where they sold out 109% of their games and NYR sold out 100%
    [/quote]

okay you have to really accept the fact that the percentage of a sellout is stupid...

They are based off of a hard number which is obviously pushed...

Hard numbers is all that matters

you can't say that Rangers sell out this year when they have 100% and they sold out last year when they had 103%....
    obviously there was another 3 % of tickets that could of been sold and weren't

thats why percentages are stupid. Go look at the hard numbers

average attendance per game

06-07
    Buff - 18690
    NYR - 18200

07-08
    Buff - 19950
    NYR - 18200

08-09
    Buff - 18531
    NYR - 18172

09-10
    Buff - 18529
    NYR - 18076

10-11
    Buff - 18542
    NYR - 18,108

11-12
    Buff - 18498
    NYR - 18187
    [/quote]You say %'s are stupid, and I feel the same way about your stats, that changes NOTHING just because you said its 'stupid'. Hard numbers are all that matters TO YOU

You know how many people MSG holds for hockey games???

Its easier for Buffalo to sell more tickets cause they have a bigger arena, but MSG sells out MUCH more consistently

...We can keep this up ALL OFFSEASON sen!!!!!
    [/quote]

but they actually don't... you can't consider 100% a sellout if the next year theysold 103%. That would obviously mean that they had 3% more tickets they could of sold the year before

so they really DIDNT sell 100% of their tickets that year
    [/quote]100% = Sellout
    103,104,105,106% = Sellout

Its OK you can accept it, I still love ya

call me crazy, but u can't call it a sell out if you still have tickets to sell

&lt;--- crazy guy
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]ESPN wouldn't give them a big deal
    [/quote]
    Why?
    [/quote]

they just didn't give them AS big of a deal. 300-400 Million less stretched out over 10 years.

20% less than what NBC - but it didn't matter what ESPN offered because NBC still had the rights to match due to ac ontract they signed
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]ESPN wouldn't give them a big deal
    [/quote]
    Why?
    [/quote]Because they couldnt reach an agreement