Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]honestly losing Mario sucks, btu im not sweating it. If anything the Giants have shown that they have an eye for talent at WR and we may get a value on Steve Smith or somebody else

[/quote]</p>

Agreed.
    I'm looking for Barden to have a healthy season and see if we can get a better sample size of his talent.
    Afterall, it took Manningham 2 seasons to get into our offense at all, so now's the time. I do kinda hope we get Smith actually, although i dont see him getting a ton of playing time. But, never know.</p>[/quote]

as sick as it sounds, i think a healthy Steve Smith makes us better at WR than Mario did...

Smith's big play ability was underrated... he also HEAVILY improves our underneath passing game
    [/quote]i dont think smith has any big play making ability. hes fantastic in the short passing game though. but then again so are cruz and nicks. i dont want smith back, rather see what jj and barden can do
    [/quote]

14 plays over 20+ yards (top 20) in 2009.... just sayin, it was underrated

having Nicks and Cruz around him would obviously open that up as well
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]honestly losing Mario sucks, btu im not sweating it. If anything the Giants have shown that they have an eye for talent at WR and we may get a value on Steve Smith or somebody else

[/quote]</p>

Agreed.
    I'm looking for Barden to have a healthy season and see if we can get a better sample size of his talent.
    Afterall, it took Manningham 2 seasons to get into our offense at all, so now's the time. I do kinda hope we get Smith actually, although i dont see him getting a ton of playing time. But, never know.</p>

[/quote]

as sick as it sounds, i think a healthy Steve Smith makes us better at WR than Mario did...

Smith's big play ability was underrated... he also HEAVILY improves our underneath passing game
    [/quote]i dont think smith has any big play making ability. hes fantastic in the short passing game though. but then again so are cruz and nicks. i dont want smith back, rather see what jj and barden can do
    [/quote]</p>

With the price Smith will most likely come with, it's totally possible we can drop Clayton, and not pay much more. Jernigan is not going to just come in and be a factor. Just like Manningham had to wait....Barden has waited...JJ will do the same.
    And we're all still writing off Hixon....if he's around still.</p>[/quote]

i disagree that Barden is going to wait.... we've waited on him - it hasn't happened and time to move on

[quote user="bigblue4417"]SI.com's Peter King is predicting that Manningham will draw a contract
    in the neighborhood of $7 million per season. Teams such as the Bears,
    Bengals, Vikings, Jaguars, 49ers, and Redskins could be interested.[/quote]
    i know for a fact u can add PAts and PAnthers to that list

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

Agreed.
    Afterall, it took Manningham 2 seasons to get into our offense at all, so now's the time. I do kinda hope we get Smith actually, although i dont see him getting a ton of playing time. But, never know.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

With the price Smith will most likely come with, it's totally possible we can drop Clayton, and not pay much more. Jernigan is not going to just come in and be a factor. Just like Manningham had to wait....Barden has waited...JJ will do the same.
    And we're all still writing off Hixon....if he's around still.</p>[/quote]Giants will field the best wrs they have regardless how long they have been here. And its just you writing off Hixon, HATER.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Why wouldn't JJ come in and be a factor?

This is why you develop players.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Because i'm just looking at our trends. Nicks is the only WR we've drafted in recent years and played immediately. he was a 1st rounder though.
    I didnt mean he CANT be a factor, I just dont see him getting playing time. Yes, we develop players. I dont think he is yet, do you?

We typically leave these guys in our offense for a few years, let them mature, etc. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]SI.com's Peter King is predicting that Manningham will draw a contract in the neighborhood of $7 million per season. Teams such as the Bears, Bengals, Vikings, Jaguars, 49ers, and Redskins could be interested.[/quote]</p>

of those teams, i only see Ham wanting to play in Cinci or SF if the price were the same. The bengals pass game would be pretty nasty with Green, and Ham.....lol....green eggs and ham. im funny &gt;.&lt;</p>[/quote]
    LMAO!!!!!! You ****ing dork

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Why wouldn't JJ come in and be a factor?

This is why you develop players.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Because i'm just looking at our trends. Nicks is the only WR we've drafted in recent years and played immediately. he was a 1st rounder though.
    I didnt mean he CANT be a factor, I just dont see him getting playing time. Yes, we develop players. I dont think he is yet, do you?

We typically leave these guys in our offense for a few years, let them mature, etc. </P>

[/quote]</P>

I believe that Amani Toomer caught 1 pass in his rookie year.</P>

We know that Cruz didn't catch any.</P>

We are looking for a 3rd WR type or a compliment to our top 2 WR's No reason not to see JJ catching 30 or 40 balls for 500 yards. None at all. We drafted the kid for a reason.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]SI.com's Peter King is predicting that Manningham will draw a contract in the neighborhood of $7 million per season. Teams such as the Bears, Bengals, Vikings, Jaguars, 49ers, and Redskins could be interested.[/quote]</P>

of those teams, i only see Ham wanting to play in Cinci or SF if the price were the same. The bengals pass game would be pretty nasty with Green, and Ham.....lol....green eggs and ham. im funny >.<</P>[/quote]7 mil per season? Holy crap. That's insane, who thinks he's worth that?

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Why wouldn't JJ come in and be a factor?

This is why you develop players.</p>

[/quote]</p>

We typically leave these guys in our offense for a few years, let them mature, etc. </p>[/quote]

smith and cruz?

Mario started getting his in his second year

[quote user="dezzzR"]Giants will field the best wrs they have regardless how long they have been here. And its just you writing off Hixon, HATER.
    [/quote]</P>

really, cuzzzz...i didnt see you mention him...so whats that say about you?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant