Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <FONT color=#ffffff>notcost</FONT> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </P>

[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out.
    [/quote]</P>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</P>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</P>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea, so not only do we(people my age, matt, daven, dezz, lando etc.)have to live in a broken system, not broken by us of course, or even my generation, but we're paying for it, and willreap zero benefit of it. And you complain? that's rich.
    You'll collect. It's my generation that's ****ed.
    And also that people do often end up collecting more than they ever put in...but that's unavoidable. You cant just stop paying people, so....</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Kase-1"]You obviously have health insurance and pay a reasonable amount

Next time you have a minute and see how much private out of pocket health insurance is for 1 person, its DISGUSTING[/quote]

Yes I have my own I pay like 70$ a paycheck for single coverage....yes it's pretty reasonable and it's through my work, I also know people who have their own private insurance...they pay about double what I pay...yes that sucks, but you missed my point, you don't HAVE to have Health Insurance an Emergency room can not turn you away if you are in need of care regardless of your insurance situation....yes you will end up having huge bills but it's not as though they will leave you to die.

[quote user="Kase-1"]And I totally disagree, it may be worse for YOU, but as a whole, the country would be much better off if we had nationwide healthcare. I think you guys can afford an extra $3 on prescriptions when you compare that situation to those who cant afford the most basic health insurance.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind the 3$ extra per prescription....that's a non-issue, the problem is the wait time, right now there is a certain amount of doctors for certain amount of patients...if you nationalize the healthcare and cover everyone you are talking about millions of more patients with the same (or likely less because their pay will go down if it's government run) Doctors.....

I'm worried about a decrease in the quality of care that the 90% of Americans that current HAVE health care will see....not a miniscule increase in price....I think in general for "America" nationalized healthcare is BAD....for a small percentage it is good I guess....but it's not worth it.

[quote user="Kase-1"]If we're gonna claim to be the best country in the world, we gotta help our own people 1st[/quote]

We ARE the best...that's why people come here for it...leaders from other countries...they come here because they know we are the best, do some fall through the cracks because of the system...yes...but this system provides the BEST for the most amount of Americans, no system is perfect, the system you want will provide mediocre care for all Americans and I'm not ok with that.
    [/quote]You dont think there would be more private practices and WAY more people going into the healthcare field if they gave free healthcare??

90% Id say thats BS

And we are the best so why doesnt our country have healthcare for all of its residents??

Why would healthcare all of a sudden go from Great to mediocre, because the '10%' that you talk about would flood the system?? If anything it would create a ton of jobs
    [/quote]</P>

Fee healthcare? Whats that? How is it possible?</P>

And who is they?</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

dammit pizzle. snookie is prego. you take my balls out of your mouth for one night a look what happens!!

All-Pro

[quote user="Kase-1"]You dont think there would be more private practices and WAY more people going into the healthcare field if they gave free healthcare??

90% Id say thats BS

And we are the best so why doesnt our country have healthcare for all of its residents??

Why would healthcare all of a sudden go from Great to mediocre, because the '10%' that you talk about would flood the system?? If anything it would create a ton of jobs
    [/quote]

It would create jobs that no one would want, when Obama care passed there was a sharp decrease in people who signed up for any type of Medical Degree in colleges across America, the government will pay doctors ****, Doctors already hate Medicare because they never get payed a fair amount, Obama Care is just Medicare times 10...there will be far fewer Doctors...and the people that become doctors will not be as qualified, and there will be more patients....hence a decrease in the quality of health care for everyone.

having the best health care as a country and every single citzen having health care have nothing to do with each other...the best means we can cure the most diseases we have the best technology and the best doctors....90% of Americans get the best quality of health care in the world....(and really it's 100% because like I said they can not deny you even if you don't have Health Insurance anyhow)

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</p>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <font color="#ffffff">notcost</font> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </p>

[/quote]

I have no problem with you getting benefits Byron, you've payed into the system you deserve it, I have a problem with people who've never had a job or never had a job for a significant amount of time mooching off people like you and me because they are comfortable living on unemployment, shopping with food stamps and soon enough having "free" health care that you and me pay for.

when it comes to Social Security...again I think you should get yours, what I want with SS is to be able to opt out, I've been paying in for 14 years already (I know a drop in the bucket compared to you but it's not nothing) I'm willing to decline ALL my Social Security in order to just stop paying for it now, the problem is I'm going to be paying for it for another 40+ years from here on out and I'm 95% sure I'm never gonna see a dime of it...the system has been broken for years and no one wants to fix it....so let me opt out.
    [/quote]</p>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</p>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</p>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Yea, so not only do we(people my age, matt, daven, dezz, lando etc.)have to live in a broken system, not broken by us of course, or even my generation, but we're paying for it, and willreap zero benefit of it. <u>And you complain? that's rich. </u>
    And also that people do often end up collecting more than they ever put in...but that's unavoidable. You cant just stop paying people, so....</p>[/quote]<font color="#FF0000">maybe mh feels bad for us. ever think of that</font>

he has a daughter or two that could be effected by this

[quote user="byron"]I'm sure yourright, but it don't make it right...its justanother case of this gov not doing the right thing and now not trying to fix it ...Some of ussadly don't have big savings so we'll be at the mercy of things to come .....I'll do what I got to do if it means dieing on my feet....[/quote]</P>

yea, we talk about how we're self-reliant, or whatever....
    but....some jobs used to have pensions. Good luck finding a job with that type of benefit.
    Not only do I have to try harder to find a good job, in a ****ty economy, more sothan my parents ever had to, but since I wont get a pension of any sort, and Social Security won't be available to me...I have to do all my own retirement planning. And wouldn't you know...I don't really make enough money to sock away a reasonable amount of retirement money right now? What a cycle!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

Daven wants all the health care for himself.....my wife works for the federal gov...VA....we pay for part of our health insurance.....Federal Blue cross blue shieldits like an 80 % plan with copays and such....last year it <FONT color=#ffffff>notcost</FONT> us $5179.00 or about431.00 bucks a month...I don't consider this cheap and there is no way we will be able to keep this when she retires.... I have been paying for SS all working life and you can bet your *** I'll be drawing it down one day soon..or they can give me my money back </P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Sorry Byron..you money was stolen by the Congess, starting in 1982 when the SS went into the black. A total of $2.6 trillion (thats trillion) has been reappropriated into the general fund, showing the illusion of a lower deficit or even a surplus for the 4 years starting in 1998.</P>

That money you paid in (along with mine) went to the general fund for things like national defense, education, Medicade and all the other government programs that were funded.</P>

We now have to rely on people like Matt to pay our SS. In other words, we better have a lot of savings. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea, so not only do we(people my age, matt, daven, dezz, lando etc.)have to live in a broken system, not broken by us of course, or even my generation, but we're paying for it, and willreap zero benefit of it. And you complain? that's rich.
    And also that people do often end up collecting more than they ever put in...but that's unavoidable. You cant just stop paying people, so....</P>

[/quote]</P>

And yet you seem to be encouraging a system that not only is more of the same, but actually doubles down. You are saying "expand the existing mindset, allow the inefficient bureaucracy of the federal government to expand its role" Its a recipe for disaster.</P>

The reality is that only markets and competition can reduce costs and improve service. But we have a rigged system that reduces that competition.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Fee healthcare? Whats that? How is it possible?</p>

And who is they?</p>[/quote]Forgive me I meant National Health Care, not 'free'
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="dezzzR"]<FONT color=#ff0000>maybe mh feels bad for us. ever think of that</FONT>

he has a daughter or two that could be effected by this
    [/quote]</P>

MH doesn't feel bad for you, you little ****! =]</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]I'm sure yourright, but it don't make it right...its justanother case of this gov not doing the right thing and now not trying to fix it ...Some of ussadly don't have big savings so we'll be at the mercy of things to come .....I'll do what I got to do if it means dieing on my feet....[/quote]</P>

yea, we talk about how we're self-reliant, or whatever....
    but....some jobs used to have pensions. Good luck finding a job with that type of benefit.
    Not only do I have to try harder to find a good job, in a ****ty economy, more sothan my parents ever had to, but since I wont get a pension of any sort, and Social Security won't be available to me...I have to do all my own retirement planning. And wouldn't you know...I don't really make enough money to sock away a reasonable amount of retirement money right now? What a cycle!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

Every American has access to either a 401K or an IRA. I say expand the IRA system and allow all savings to grow tax free. Pesions are unsustaiable in todays mobile economy. If you pay into and IRA or 401K, you can be a millionaire by the time comes to retire.</P>