All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

well that all may be the case, but I think the most interesting point of it all was the whole end result numbers. Where, for some reason, as they get toward the end counting, Romney's reported numbers increase at a rate that defies percentages and probability.
    oh well...just thought it was interesting.</p>[/quote]

It only defies probability if you base the probability on an incorrect assumption.

The guy trying to create the conspiracy there is acting like there should be an equal chance county to county...that's not true...for example Ron Paul will jump more then 1% easily when the votes from a college town come in because that's his wheel house.

Better get behind Mitt, Daven. He is the only chance we have to beat Obama. Santorum would not only get creamed, but he would lose the House and keep us from controlling the Senate.</P>

Gingrich would do even worse. Right now Romney has a 50/50 chance or better to win the White House. Don't kid yourself. The longer it takes for people to get behind him, the worse our chances.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Better get behind Mitt, Daven. He is the only chance we have to beat Obama. Santorum would not only get creamed, but he would lose the House and keep us from controlling the Senate.</p>

Gingrich would do even worse. Right now Romney has a 50/50 chance or better to win the White House. Don't kid yourself. The longer it takes for people to get behind him, the worse our chances.</p>[/quote]

I know, but I don't like it, he's just gonna dump the money into another hole, he's not really going to reduce the size of government, he's not really about personal responsibility, personally I don't think he would make a stand on any issue, he seems so wishy washy...I do not like that in a president....I'd almost rather vote for someone I disagree with but stands for something rather then someone like Romney who in my view is just picking his sides depending on which one will get him more votes at the time.

I'll vote Romney cause I have to...but I'm not gonna like it.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Better get behind Mitt, Daven. He is the only chance we have to beat Obama. Santorum would not only get creamed, but he would lose the House and keep us from controlling the Senate.</P>

Gingrich would do even worse. Right now Romney has a 50/50 chance or better to win the White House. Don't kid yourself. The longer it takes for people to get behind him, the worse our chances.</P>

[/quote]

I know, but I don't like it, he's just gonna dump the money into another hole, he's not really going to reduce the size of government, he's not really about personal responsibility, personally I don't think he would make a stand on any issue, he seems so wishy washy...I do not like that in a president....I'd almost rather vote for someone I disagree with but stands for something rather then someone like Romney who in my view is just picking his sides depending on which one will get him more votes at the time.

[/quote]</P>

Romney has basic and first hand knowledge about how markets and the economy in general work. He's not trapped by the "government can create jobs" nonsense. He's a fiscal conservative who understands the danger of our fiscal excesses. If he wins he would also come with a GOP Senate as well. He will open up Keystone, he will expand oil exploration here and he will work to kill Obamacare. He's not exciting at all and a bit stiff. But the country will benefit from a steady albeit unexciting approach. I've had too much excitement already.</P>

But alas, he's not "cool". He doesn't have Obama's smile or his walk that chicks seem to dig. He can't sing Al Green songs in tune. He's a dork who sings America The Beautiful. But his Presidency will be the best thing for our country.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Better get behind Mitt, Daven. He is the only chance we have to beat Obama. Santorum would not only get creamed, but he would lose the House and keep us from controlling the Senate.</p>

Gingrich would do even worse. Right now Romney has a 50/50 chance or better to win the White House. Don't kid yourself. The longer it takes for people to get behind him, the worse our chances.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Romney has basic and first hand knowledge about how markets and the economy in general work. He's not trapped by the "government can create jobs" nonsense. He's a fiscal conservative who understands the danger of our fiscal excesses. If he wins he would also come with a GOP Senate as well. He will open up Keystone, he will expand oil exploration here and he will work to kill Obamacare. He's not exciting at all and a bit stiff. But the country will benefit from a steady albeit unexciting approach. I've had too much excitement already.</p>

But alas, he's not "cool". He doesn't have Obama's smile or his walk that chicks seem to dig. He can't sing Al Green songs in tune. He's a dork who sings America The Beautiful. But his Presidency will be the best thing for our country.</p>[/quote]

I don't need exciting I need trustworthy and I don't trust that he will do any of the things you just mentioned.

I know he has a corporate background...which is good! but I think he's already indebted to lobbyists and supporters and I don't think he has the backbone to say NO to them, I think he will break down 1-1.5 years into office and start dumping money into one pit or another...he will not cut spending he will just spend it somewhere else...

I'll vote for him, but I do not trust him.

time for me to head home...good discussion today have a good night everyone

ps: Plus he's a Mormon WTF? (just playing Utah just playing)

oh Jeebus...
    listening to people say "i'll vote for him....but i dont like him..."
    /facepalm

elections are scary things
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

no i know exactly how it works...
    but like daven said...i consider that money lost..but if i could keep what is taken from here on out, and maintain retirement myself....i totally could/ would</P>

[/quote]

the problem is, because the government spent the surplus (which they weren't supposed to do) there is nothing there besides what we put in pizz, If we stop paying now...Byron won't collect...

it's a ****ty situation...it was never supposed to get to that point.
    [/quote] thats right.... they need to fix it, make it work...it will keep thousands working at good paying jobs and everybody will have some SS love in the end .....[/quote]

It's kinda too late I think Byron...It needed to be fixed like 30 years ago.

when it started 17 workers payed for 1 retiree, it's like 4 workers per retiree now and estimated to be 2 to 1 by 2030.

it's pretty much unfixable at this point...I want to opt out, I'm sorry the government stole your money byron...but I'm not ok with letting them steal mine too
    [/quote]</P>

Prehaps your right and hey I don't blame any of you for not wanting to pay for a dead horse...I don't know perhaps they will change it one day..to where you will be able to opt out but don't hold your breath it could be years man...I went alongnot really thinking much about retirementand I'm notreally sure why ...Guess I just figured SS would be there and that it would be enough...And I figured I could just keep working if need be ....So much for that....This was a good discussion and it seems you young people got some kind of grip on it which is the first steptoward prepairing.....believe it or not that makes me happyfor you all....</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"]oh Jeebus... listening to people say "i'll vote for him....but i dont like him..." /facepalm elections are scary things[/quote]</P>

You don't vote for someone because you like them. You vote forsomebody because you think its the right thing for the country.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]oh Jeebus... listening to people say "i'll vote for him....but i dont like him..." /facepalm elections are scary things[/quote]MH...... has it right above...</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]oh Jeebus... listening to people say "i'll vote for him....but i dont like him..." /facepalm elections are scary things[/quote]</p>

You don't vote for someone because you like them. You vote forsomebody because you think its the right thing for the country.</p>[/quote]
    I go into an election thinking "who's robbing me less?"......all crooks