Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]What's good MMB?[/quote]

absolutely nothing. Its monday and i'm still here

I went on an interview so hopefully i get that new job so i can get the hell out of here. Only downside is I wouldn't be on the boards NEARLY as much. Especially during the day

I got roped into a last minute fantasy baseball league last night. I had an hour to look and drafted. $200 per team, but thees kids blow..

i made some mistakes but think I have a competitive team
    [/quote]Good luck with the baseball, don't beat up on the kids too much, lol. I didn't know you were looking for new job. How long have you been at current job? It's good to move around a bit early in your career. I did it too. Hard to believe that I have been at my current job for 19 years this year. A lot of it has to to do with luck and maximizing your self worth when your hot. Because your not hot FOREVER in the eyes of your employers. I don't care what company your with, after a while personalities clash and you are looked at differently.

Why would employment be any different than a marriage? You spend a hell of alot more time at work. How many marriages last longer than 19 years? Just my opinion. Good luck with landing the new job.[/quote]

a little over 5 years. I just had enough of this place.* No where to grow, they ****ed me on like 4 raises.* Just had enough

I hope I get this new job, alot of new stuff I can do and the company is growing
    [/quote]5 years is nice experience to take with you to the next employer. Is job in same industry?

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

I dont think there is anywhere that tracks that. And im not doing it week to week for 25 bucks lol
    [/quote]

I know, that's why I said receptions as the sole stat because it follows that the time you play at the WR position throughout the year the more reception you will end up with.....it's not perfect but it's good enough for 30$
    [/quote]

$30 bucks... after cruz and nicks - whoever has the most (2 out of 3) of receptions, yards, and TDs
    [/quote]

No just receptions alone, the whole point is to determine who is on the field the most...Hixon might break a few short passes for long gains and end up with more yards and TD's by the end of the season...but in terms of 1st 2nd 3rd receivers....that means absolutely nothing to me....all that matters is snaps...but since we aren't going to count snaps receptions is the next closest thing...I mean we are only talking about 40$ here matt...come on...Receptions "only" or no deal.
    [/quote]

hixon is a deep threat... but no way im doing that

cuz essentially a WR could have 40 receptions for 400 yards and 3 TDs and the guy who has 39 receptions 600 yards and 6 TDs loses? no way

receptions "only", does not represent what a third WR is
    [/quote]I loved Hixon when he played. Sorry if Im going negative nancy a bit here. How old is he now? 2nd ACL issue? Idk. I'll hope for the best for him.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]What's good MMB?[/quote]

I went on an interview so hopefully i get that new job so i can get the hell out of here. Only downside is I wouldn't be on the boards NEARLY as much. Especially during the day

I got roped into a last minute fantasy baseball league last night. I had an hour to look and drafted. $200 per team, but thees kids blow..

[/quote]Good luck with the baseball, don't beat up on the kids too much, lol. I didn't know you were looking for new job. How long have you been at current job? It's good to move around a bit early in your career. I did it too. Hard to believe that I have been at my current job for 19 years this year. A lot of it has to to do with luck and maximizing your self worth when your hot. Because your not hot FOREVER in the eyes of your employers. I don't care what company your with, after a while personalities clash and you are looked at differently.

Why would employment be any different than a marriage? You spend a hell of alot more time at work. How many marriages last longer than 19 years? Just my opinion. Good luck with landing the new job.[/quote]

a little over 5 years. I just had enough of this place. No where to grow, they ****ed me on like 4 raises. Just had enough

I hope I get this new job, alot of new stuff I can do and the company is growing
    [/quote]Whats the new job? Have you reminded them that they screwed you 4 times?
    [/quote]

they don't care, they **** everybody and their position is: If you can find another job, go for it its a recession. The president actually says that to people.

But they just did some restructuring in my department so if they lose me they are gonna be ****ed for a while. Because they will try to get somebody cheap to do the work that I do, but they won't be able to and they'll end up spending.

Its the same thing I do now, Quality Control Inspector
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

I dont think there is anywhere that tracks that. And im not doing it week to week for 25 bucks lol
    [/quote]

I know, that's why I said receptions as the sole stat because it follows that the time you play at the WR position throughout the year the more reception you will end up with.....it's not perfect but it's good enough for 30$
    [/quote]

$30 bucks... after cruz and nicks - whoever has the most (2 out of 3) of receptions, yards, and TDs
    [/quote]

No just receptions alone, the whole point is to determine who is on the field the most...Hixon might break a few short passes for long gains and end up with more yards and TD's by the end of the season...but in terms of 1st 2nd 3rd receivers....that means absolutely nothing to me....all that matters is snaps...but since we aren't going to count snaps receptions is the next closest thing...I mean we are only talking about 40$ here matt...come on...Receptions "only" or no deal.
    [/quote]

cuz essentially a WR could have 40 receptions for 400 yards and 3 TDs and the guy who has 39 receptions 600 yards and 6 TDs loses? no way

[/quote]I loved Hixon when he played. Sorry if Im going negative nancy a bit here. How old is he now? 2nd ACL issue? Idk. I'll hope for the best for him.[/quote]
    I'm definitely not going to rely on him to be the long term solution as the #3 WR, but I certainly hope (and expect) him to help out our return game on ST.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"]What's good MMB?[/quote]

a little over 5 years. I just had enough of this place. No where to grow, they ****ed me on like 4 raises. Just had enough

[/quote]5 years is nice experience to take with you to the next employer. Is job in same industry?[/quote]

yea same exact thing, just a different product so there is alittle bit of a learning curve. But I was on the internal audit team for my current company for this certification called AS9100 and this place is looking for somebody to help implement everything wtih it so I think that gives me a nudge to be in the running. Plus apparently he has some older Inspectors that aren't conforming to the new regulations and are just stuck in their ways so hes looking for some new blood. So I think being 27 with 5 years experience is another plus.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I loved Hixon when he played. Sorry if Im going negative nancy a bit here. How old is he now? 2nd ACL issue? Idk. I'll hope for the best for him.[/quote]

yea I mean it happened early enough last year that he should be good to roll this year but he is young - i think hes like 27

[quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm definitely not going to rely on him to be the long term solution as the #3 WR, but I certainly hope (and expect) him to help out our return game on ST.
    [/quote]

na not long term, but we can defintly get some good bang for the buck on him for this year I think

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="egyptian420"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

na not long term, but we can defintly get some good bang for the buck on him for this year I think
    [/quote]
    Yea he could definitely be servicable, atleast for the start of the season (much like last year before he got hurt)

I really hope we find a long term replacement in Jernigan or someone else on the bench right now who's last name isn't Barden. I love Barden's height but that's pretty much all he's got going for him.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]receptions "only", does not represent what a third WR is
    [/quote]

Snaps is the only way to do it, the 3rd receiver is the receiver with the 3rd most amount of play time period... (all the other statistics mean absolutely nothing)

I will not allow Yardage/TD's/Yards Per Catch if you can come up with stats that reflect play time only (this has absolutely nothing to do with performance) then I'll accept those as well.

I need to be clear again cause I know you aren't understanding, I'm not betting on Hixon's performance next year...I'm betting PURELY on the amount of time he will spend playing as a WR..period...this is about SNAPS nothing else not his performance.

This whole saints bounty thing is such politically correct bull****. Now espn is highlighting tackles and sacks the saints have made the last 2 years and the media is trying to sell it like its some horrible act