Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]This whole saints bounty thing is such politically correct bull****. Now espn is highlighting tackles and sacks the saints have made the last 2 years and the media is trying to sell it like its some horrible act
    [/quote]

it is horse ****

unless they were locking to tear somebodys knee up give REAL cheap shots to the head (im not talking about a hand grazing a face mask type thing) then they were in the wrong

But trying to hit somebody as hard as you can knock him out of the game is hwat football is all about...
    [/quote]</p>

No its not Matt. Your position is horse****.</p>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers. Not to try to injure your opponents.</p>

</p>[/quote]I agree, not to maliciously maim your opponents, but to hit them so hard that they remember it next time and they screw up because they don't want to get hit again. Just like LT used to do.[/quote]

LT has said before that they had bountys
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]This whole saints bounty thing is such politically correct bull****. Now espn is highlighting tackles and sacks the saints have made the last 2 years and the media is trying to sell it like its some horrible act
    [/quote]

it is horse ****

unless they were locking to tear somebodys knee up give REAL cheap shots to the head (im not talking about a hand grazing a face mask type thing) then they were in the wrong

But trying to hit somebody as hard as you can knock him out of the game is hwat football is all about...
    [/quote]</P>

No its not Matt. Your position is horse****.</P>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers.<U> Not to try to injure your opponents.</U></P>

</P>

[/quote]Nonsense. If a defense stops an offense and happens to injure a star player, its a bonus. This has been around for a long, long time. I thought mh hated change.
    [/quote]</P>

Its simply a fact of the new NFL. Deal with it. Player safety is paramount these days.</P>

Do I like it? I have never liked players who went out there trying to end fellow players careers.</P>

I saw Jack Tatum ruin Darrell Stingley's life with this attitude.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6>
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">If Brandon Jacobs is cut, should the Giants look at Mike Tolbert to be the new short yardage and change of pace backup for Ahmad Bradshaw?</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

What do you guys think about this? Should the giants bring in another bruiser or pick up a fast back in the draft. Im on the fence, I love when big backs roll over defenders and set the tone. But then again as small as bradshaw is, he can physically outmatch dbs and does so frequently. I think the giants can be very effective with bradshaw and another fast back.
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

Tolbert would be a GREAT addition because not only is he a physical back, but he's great at catching the ball out of the backfield.</p>[/quote]

too much money, i doubt we'd go for him. You say it all the time, dime a dozen position

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust</DIV></H6>
    <H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>If Brandon Jacobs is cut, should the Giants look at Mike Tolbert to be the new short yardage and change of pace backup for Ahmad Bradshaw?</SPAN></H6>

</P>

</P>

What do you guys think about this? Should the giants bring in another bruiser or pick up a fast back in the draft. Im on the fence, I love when big backs roll over defenders and set the tone. But then again as small as bradshaw is, he can physically outmatch dbs and does so frequently. I think the giants can be very effective with bradshaw and another fast back.
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

Tolbert would be a GREAT addition because not only is he a physical back, but he's great at catching the ball out of the backfield.</P>

[/quote]

too much money, i doubt we'd go for him. You say it all the time, dime a dozen position
    [/quote]</P>

Probably right. But in a perfect world, he's exactly what we need.</P>

But then again if RB's are a dime a dozen, maybe he wouldn't cost as much as you think.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

it is horse ****

[/quote]</p>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers. Not to try to injure your opponents.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

no, its to gain an advantage fairly.

its been the way of football forever. **** back to peewee football we use to get stickers on our helmets for huge hits.

You think everytime a defender has a shot on the QB hes not trying to knock him out of the game?

I bet you didn't have this position when LT was playing
    [/quote]hahaha, LT was the first pers. I thought of as well. Next was Ray Lewis.[/quote]</p>

Butkus came before those guys.</p>

The point is that the league has changed. While this kind of thing was accepted in previous eras, its not anymore. Player safety is an enormous concern for the league. I expect the punishment to be severe.</p>

And the players are on board as well.</p>[/quote]

its part of the pussification of football..

For instance, if we're talking baout somebody getting paid for an injury like Tom Brady had that one year -i would be against that...

If there was a bounty for the hit Boley put on Romo to break his collarbone - then ****in a.

Like Nicks got LACED UP against the Saints this year... legally. If that guy got a bounty for that, then good for him.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]3rd receiver is based on production[/quote]

I disagree, to me 3rd receiver designation is actually going to be whoever takes the 3rd most snaps as a receiver.

obviously Nicks and Cruz will be the #1 and #2 they will be out there whenever we have 2 receivers line up.....but when we go to the 3 WR's sets whose gonna be out there? that's who our 3rd receiver is....and it won't be Hixon...probably Jernigan....what I don't want happening is production getting in the way of the bet....Hixon might be the 4th WR he might come in on 4 WR sets and might out produce Jernigan even though technically Jernigan would still be the 3rd receiver...that's why I'm not gonna allow Yards/TD's to get involved since production has nothing to do with the 3rd receiver designation in my opinion....

Receptions only 50$ take it or leave it.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

it is horse ****

[/quote]</p>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers.<u> Not to try to injure your opponents.</u></p>

</p>

[/quote]Nonsense. If a defense stops an offense and happens to injure a star player, its a bonus. This has been around for a long, long time. I thought mh hated change.
    [/quote]</p>

Its simply a fact of the new NFL. Deal with it. Player safety is paramount these days.</p>

Do I like it? I have never liked players who went out there trying to end fellow players careers.</p>

I saw Jack Tatum ruin Darrell Stingley's life with this attitude.</p>[/quote]

nobody is for that... thats the way the media is trying to spin it. Infact LT is the perfect example of it...

Go see how he reacted after the Theisman hit. Thats never the intention. Stop buying the media PC bull****, your better than that

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

it is horse ****

[/quote]</P>

No its not Matt.* Your position is horse****.</P>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers.* Not to try to injure your opponents.</P>

*</P>

[/quote]

its been the way of football forever. **** back to peewee football we use to get stickers on our helmets for huge hits.

You think everytime a defender has a shot on the QB hes not trying to knock him out of the game?

[/quote]hahaha, LT was the first pers. I thought of as well. Next was Ray Lewis.[/quote]</P>

Butkus came before those guys.</P>

The point is that the league has changed.* While this kind of thing was accepted in previous eras, its not anymore.* Player safety is an enormous concern for the league.* I expect the punishment to be severe.</P>

And the players are on board as well.</P>[/quote]Agreed to a degree. I'll use Peyton as an example. I don't know if his neck was result of any such hit, but the loss of a premiere QB like him devastated the Colt team and hurt the NFL from a spectator standpoint for fans of the Colts.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6>
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">If Brandon Jacobs is cut, should the Giants look at Mike Tolbert to be the new short yardage and change of pace backup for Ahmad Bradshaw?</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

Tolbert would be a GREAT addition because not only is he a physical back, but he's great at catching the ball out of the backfield.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Probably right. But in a perfect world, he's exactly what we need.</p>

But then again if RB's are a dime a dozen, maybe he wouldn't cost as much as you think.</p>[/quote]
    theres always another *******

But I mean if he cost a 4 year 12 mil deal - i would be on the fence about it

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

it is horse ****

[/quote]</P>

No its not Matt. Your position is horse****.</P>

The goal on defense is to stop the offense and get turnovers. Not to try to injure your opponents.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]hahaha, LT was the first pers. I thought of as well. Next was Ray Lewis.[/quote]</P>

Butkus came before those guys.</P>

The point is that the league has changed. While this kind of thing was accepted in previous eras, its not anymore. Player safety is an enormous concern for the league. I expect the punishment to be severe.</P>

And the players are on board as well.</P>

[/quote]

its part of the pussification of football..

For instance, if we're talking baout somebody getting paid for an injury like Tom Brady had that one year -i would be against that...

If there was a bounty for the hit Boley put on Romo to break his collarbone - then ****in a.

Like Nicks got LACED UP against the Saints this year... legally. If that guy got a bounty for that, then good for him.
    [/quote]</P>

There is a difference between hard hitting and intent to injure.</P>

Hittiing someone hard who comes accross the middle to make him think twice next time...fine with me.</P>

Trying to injure a player and possibly end his career, not acceptable.</P>

But we can argue till the cows come home about this. This IS the new NFL. If you don't like it, don't watch anymore.</P>

I'll miss you though. I'm sure the tailgate parties for Austrailian Rules Football are a blast.</P>
    Get well soon 80.