Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

You guys see that article with Santana? A reporter asked him what santana thinks of the upcoming season and Santana put a garbage pale over his head. lmao

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

The new CBA kinda screwed up how contracts are worth. Maybe less so this season, but...with bad teams HAVING to pay their stars more than they probably deserves makes it VERY difficult for teams to retair their stars at decent prices.
    I think the big one last year was Deangelo Williams. Panthers were just throwing money at ANYONE just to get their cap up above the minimum.
    I mean...Stevie Johnson is the star of his team basically, but damn thats alot of guaranteed money. Both our starting WRs are better than him, and it's going to be hard to show that kind of dollar
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Hey Daven - bets off... i just got some news about Giants working something out with a WR... Hixon won't be the #3
    [/quote]

no kidding, he never was going to be.

[quote user="dezzzR"]You guys see that article with Santana? A reporter asked him what santana thinks of the upcoming season and Santana put a garbage pale over his head. lmao
    [/quote]</P>

Just read that the mets are having even more payouts coming and more court casescaused bythe Madoff case shenanigans.
    This team going to survive??
    maybe we can get rid of the mets and bring the Dodger back to Brooklyn!!! Wishful thinking, but it'd be awesome lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Hey Daven - bets off... i just got some news about Giants working something out with a WR... Hixon won't be the #3
    [/quote]

[/quote]

with the core we have now, absolutely was...

still even a shot he out produces this guy we're going to get...

but i wouldn't bet that... but its def a possibility
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Hey Daven - bets off... i just got some news about Giants working something out with a WR... Hixon won't be the #3
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

KR/PR in my opinion.
    Whos going to be 3? My guess is it's Barden's job to lose. Thoughts?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

If any of you are still looking for the black GMEN shirts
    http://gmenshirts.com/

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

KR/PR in my opinion.
    Whos going to be 3? My guess is it's Barden's job to lose. Thoughts?</p>[/quote]

Probably Barden yea, but Jernigan would also get the shot before Hixon...Hixon is being signed solely as a KR/PR which is good cause we need that.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

KR/PR in my opinion.
    Whos going to be 3? My guess is it's Barden's job to lose. Thoughts?</p>[/quote]JJ vs Barden in camp. If JJ beats out Barden, (which I think he will) and Barden still shows something, I think the Giants will use him in the red/greenzone in 3 wr sets.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Stevie Johnson's deal is going to be a nightmare for everybody

5 years 36 mil, 20 guaranteed and its front loaded

jesus god... this was the last thing we need to dictate contracts this year
    [/quote] Its hard to get the mind around that guaranteed money its his whether he plays or nothow many years do theyneed from him to justify the20 mil...Idk man[/quote]

i can't believe they gauranteed him that much... especially becuase hes kind of known as an immature player

I like his skill, but i'm not sure guaranteeing him that money was a good move.
    [/quote] I'm with ya to me they need at least three full seasons no injuries for this guyto be even close to worth it.....two years of guaranteed money "meaning maybe 14 mil guaranteedwould have been more in line "It just seems to me guaranteeing that much money is going to catch up with ya at somepoint cap wise... not to speak of yourputting all your eggs in one basket..and ithurts youwhen its time to pay other guys ....I don't know what the answer is butin my mind with this new CBA there has to be a leveling off of player pay....in order to stayconsistent as a team year to year ...You have to keep players/teams together...Thefronts offices really have to havetheir **** togetherwhen it come to wages or there will be to much player movementwithin the team...Certainly there area lot factors that goesinto building a winning team..and managing wages is right up there...Some of these teams/gms,owners are idotsand make it hard on those that are trying to operatewith some kind ofsanity....To me thenew CBAis acut in payfor players...lower cap means lower pay per player per team obviously....at least till it catches up to the last capped year of the old CBA...I don't remember the #'s something like 6or 7 mill difference from now compaired to then...