Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and just to note: before he got injured this year he wasn't even on kick return
    [/quote]</P>

Doesn't matter really...the year prior he tore the ACL on a punt return in camp &gt;&lt;</P>

the guy is an injury liability when he ****ing wakes up in the morning.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]we're defending champions, we're not looking for upset, we're looking for production

Your fooling yourself by thinking Barden is anything more than just a message board name. Hixon has a connection with Eli which would be perfect with Cruz and Nicks ahead of him...[/quote]

I'm not so much Pro Barden as I am Anti Hixon.

Hixon would result in the lowest production out of any receiver on our roster as a the 3rd receiver right now in my opinion, Barden Jernigan whoever we pick up...any of them will do better.

Hixon is (and always was) a KR/PR Special Teams guy...Eli made him look like a decent WR one year...big deal...he can do that with anyone on our roster.
    [/quote]</p>

I'm anti-Hixon as a receiver also. I remember a few years ago, I was debating with MH about this.(big ****ing surprise). He said Hixon was going to be our best receiver, and then we drafted Nicks after a terribly mediocre season from Hixon anyway, and it was "hixon who?", I said he was an ok as a filler, but clearly not the answer as the guy displayed some butterfingers. I thought he redeemed himself in the Rams game this year with the juggling catch. but uhh...he tore his ACL for the 2nd season in a row on that play, so yea, honestly...i dont want him near the ball on offense. At least as a returner, he has teh ability to show his ability, but we can use Thomas, Jerrnigan, and others on returns if need be.</p>[/quote]

nobody disagrees with the fact that if Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and Steve Smith are on the team that Hixon wouldn't be the #3

[/quote]Also the Giants would constantly change up the 2 wrs in I formations, using all four, manningham, smith nicks hixon in 09 and 10

[quote user="dezzzR"]Also the Giants would constantly change up the 2 wrs in I formations, using all four, manningham, smith nicks hixon in 09 and 10
    [/quote]</P>

Hixon wasnot on the field much on offense in 09. he only caught like 15 passes
    And he didnt play in 2010, so where you getting this?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]You two are being silly. 08 Hixon 49 and 500 yards playing behind plax and tooms. What kind of numbers are you looking for in a number 3?
    The man can run decent routes, catch, break tackles. If neither JJ or Barden are ready, Hixon is a good option.
    [/quote]</p>

Well....Toomer had a nearly IDENTICAL season to Hixon.
    It's not like Hixon made the season or anything...in fact, he dropped that were sure things, and made us all cringe, but i digress, how quickly we forget.
    Our running game and Eli Manning were the only thing that made Hixon look like a serviceable receiver.

My point: I dont want us to get to the point where Hixon is an option. Last resort maybe, sure...lol....but not an option</p>[/quote]

and theres the most over blown knock on hixon.. he had one bad drop vs the Eagles that year - that was it. Much like Nicks had against the Redskins this year.

So does that mean Nicks drops SURE THINGS?

How quickly u did forget all the sure handed grabs he had.

Hes not a last resort at all, hes going into camp if healthy as #3 right now.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]and just to note: before he got injured this year he wasn't even on kick return
    [/quote]</p>

Doesn't matter really...the year prior he tore the ACL on a punt return in camp &gt;&lt;</p>

the guy is an injury liability when he ****ing wakes up in the morning.</p>[/quote]

riiight

well hes still our #3 WR and we just signed him... so time to start coping with it lol

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Also the Giants would constantly change up the 2 wrs in I formations, using all four, manningham, smith nicks hixon in 09 and 10
    [/quote]</p>

And he didnt play in 2010, so where you getting this?</p>[/quote]

he was def our 4th WR that year. And Hixon's speed if anything had him used as a decoy alot

something Daven didn't take into consideration during his "SNAPS" argument

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]You two are being silly. 08 Hixon 49 and 500 yards playing behind plax and tooms. What kind of numbers are you looking for in a number 3?
    The man can run decent routes, catch, break tackles. If neither JJ or Barden are ready, Hixon is a good option.
    [/quote]</p>

Well....Toomer had a nearly IDENTICAL season to Hixon.
    <u>It's not like Hixon made the season or anything.</u>..in fact, he dropped that were sure things, and made us all cringe, but i digress, how quickly we forget.
    <u>Our running game and Eli Manning were the only thing that made Hixon look like a serviceable receiver. </u>

My point: I dont want us to get to the point where Hixon is an option. Last resort maybe, sure...lol....but not an option</p>[/quote]What kind of argument is this? Horrible.

You can say that about any wr, literally. And you dont have to worry but he most likely will be a last resort.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

And he didnt play in 2010, so where you getting this?</p>[/quote]meant 08 09, add toomer to that list.

Listen, I know we signed him, and i was all for it assuming the price was right....
    I'm just saying...he's not going to be an impact player offensively, but i do hope he improves STs, which is an area we always struggle.
    And listen...I hope I'm wrong, cuz that'd be awesome.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]Listen, I know we signed him, and i was all for it assuming the price was right....
    I'm just saying...he's not going to be an impact player offensively, but i do hope he improves STs, which is an area we always struggle.
    And listen...I hope I'm wrong, cuz that'd be awesome.[/quote]Yep, Hixon's part of the package, let's hope he can stay healthy. He could easily become the #4 receiver if the rumors hold true. And a #4 in the receiving corps that they are talking about could be lethal.

NYG will not have a problem with the passing game. We should sure up the run game to give us balance. Ab's got good hands, BJ is a surprising catcher. I hate the crap that Tiki pulled, but imagine a back like Tiki, that could move the chains and serve as a dependable receiver....omg , I'm getting a stiffy.