Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    hypothetically a receiver could have 1 more reception but 300 less yards and 4 less TDs and u would consider that guy the 3rd receiver. Obviously you'd be wrong on that. [/quote]

for the purposes of that bet yes I would....because we are talking PURELY about the time they spend on the field and not at all talking about production at all....like I said the only way to do it for real is snaps...but since neither of us will count the snaps receptions is the closest thing to snaps.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I make the hypothetical because it just shows how faulty your way could be.[/quote]

But it's a stupid hypothetical I can do exactly the opposite....who wins if Hixon stats are 3 Rec for 200 yards and a TD vs Barden having 17 receptions for 199 yards and no TD...I'm guessing you would say Hixon? but with that stat line it's clear Hixon just had a lucky catch or two but wasn't really part of the offense at all....that shows how faulty YOUR way could be.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Personally I would consider the 2nd the second receiver you mentioned as the hands down #3 receiver. [/quote]

and I would disagree I think the 55 Reception guy was the #3 because he was there for more first down receptions and likely taking more snaps from scrimmage...he was opening the field up for the #1 and #2 guys most of the time...the other guy had some longer receptions that led to TD's but that's because of the 4 wide set they were in when he came into the game....he was against the nickle CB or a safety most of the time.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Just because one guy is more of a deep threat and one guy is more of a possession guy, you don't automaticaly lose because your a deep threat vs a possession guy.[/quote]

no you lose because you aren't on the field as often as the other guy.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"] I mean YOU have this thought that third receiver is the slot receiver for osme strange reason even though we've had guys like Amani Toomer, Steve Smith, and Victor Cruz completely contradict your statement.
    [/quote]

Cruz played slot most of the time....so that doesn't contridict my statement at all? Toomer was a #2 receiver he was never #3 Steve Smith played Slot again...so all the names you just threw out there just prove my point even more.
    [/quote]

And you have no clue what those receptions were because it differs for everybody. It could of been alot of NOT getting first downs since his yard per catch were so low.

Thats not true at all... a guy could be on the field just as much as the guy with 50 receptions. Obviously one guy is running under neath routes and the balls and the othe rone is running deep balls. Just curious where are most passes thrown throughout a game, withint 20 yards or past 20 yards.

You said the slot is typically the 3rd WR, Cruz played slot most of the time, he wasn't our 3rd receiver
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no again we're not.. Different packages happen all the time, we've had 4 wide sets with Mario NOT on the field[/quote]

So? yes sometimes they go jumbo and don't have manningham or cruz out there also...the exception doesn't prove the rule....take every snap on offense from the whole year...look at who lined up the most as a WR...it's gonna be Nicks...look at who lined up the 2nd most it's gonna be Manningham and look up who lined up 3rd most it's probably gonna be Cruz.....that makes Cruz our "3rd" receiver last year (if you look at the year in total) if you look at just the playoffs it's possible that Cruz actually lined up as a WR more often then Manningham....in which case Cruz would be the number 2 and Manninham would be the number 3...again it has NOTHING to do with statistics...the only thing that matters is snaps.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You can't go by that. Your trying to make this your own thing, when we're talking in general about a #3 receiver.[/quote]

And general #3 receiver is the 3rd receiver on the depth chart OR the receiver who lines up as a receiver the third most times.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Your the only person that thinks #3 WR isn't about production. [/quote]

you are the only person saying that's the case...and actually no one else is even thinking about it and even if they were i don't care because that is the case...it's not up for debate.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You can debate on sometimes whose #1 and #2 when it comes to stats because safteys may roll over the #1 and keep the #2 in single coverage (like we see with Cruz and Nicks), but all of that is void with the 3 receiver. [/quote]

first off Cruz was NEVER the #1 in our offense last year..that was Nicks 100% of the time while he was uninjured, secondly no...the way the defense plays against the #3 is note void...you would be the only person who would say something so ridiculous and you are only saying it to try and be "right"

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You said the slot is typically the 3rd WR, Cruz played slot most of the time, he wasn't our 3rd receiver[/quote]

Umm yes, he WAS our 3rd receiver.

2 WR Set's usually were Nick and Manningham....

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no again we're not.. Different packages happen all the time, we've had 4 wide sets with Mario NOT on the field[/quote]

So? yes sometimes they go jumbo and don't have manningham or cruz out there also...the exception doesn't prove the rule....take every snap on offense from the whole year...look at who lined up the most as a WR...it's gonna be Nicks...look at who lined up the 2nd most it's gonna be Manningham and look up who lined up 3rd most it's probably gonna be Cruz.....that makes Cruz our "3rd" receiver last year (if you look at the year in total) if you look at just the playoffs it's possible that Cruz actually lined up as a WR more often then Manningham....in which case Cruz would be the number 2 and Manninham would be the number 3...again it has NOTHING to do with statistics...the only thing that matters is snaps.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You can't go by that. Your trying to make this your own thing, when we're talking in general about a #3 receiver.[/quote]

And general #3 receiver is the 3rd receiver on the depth chart OR the receiver who lines up as a receiver the third most times.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Your the only person that thinks #3 WR isn't about production. [/quote]

you are the only person saying that's the case...and actually no one else is even thinking about it and even if they were i don't care because that is the case...it's not up for debate.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You can debate on sometimes whose #1 and #2 when it comes to stats because safteys may roll over the #1 and keep the #2 in single coverage (like we see with Cruz and Nicks), but all of that is void with the 3 receiver. [/quote]

first off Cruz was NEVER the #1 in our offense last year..that was Nicks 100% of the time while he was uninjured, secondly no...the way the defense plays against the #3 is note void...you would be the only person who would say something so ridiculous and you are only saying it to try and be "right"

[/quote]

#howyouknowwhendavenknowsheswrong He cuts parts from your argument and tries to slightly change your argument...

So if by chance Hixon had more snaps on the field than Cruz last year - u would of considered him to be the #2 WR?

Manningham probably averaged more snaps per game than Cruz during the regular season - does that mean he was our #2 last year?

No, we're talking about whose the #3 receiver. And the fact you keep trying to mention this stat about SNAPS is obnoxious because before we started this debate, I could of gone around the league and asked you who was each teams #3 WR and you would have had answers without any ****ing CLUE of who had more snaps as the 3rd WR. Quite frankly, you have no clue for the WRs that are ON the team you watch. Infact, nobody really does. So to say that THATS how people judge it, would mean you are full of ****.

Whose the number 2 and 3 WR of the Saints?

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You said the slot is typically the 3rd WR, Cruz played slot most of the time, he wasn't our 3rd receiver[/quote]

Umm yes, he WAS our 3rd receiver.

2 WR Set's usually were Nick and Manningham....
    [/quote]

game over

i win

Wheres my belt?

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]game over

i win[/quote]

Win at what being wrong? everyone knows that Cruz was the #3 for most of the year last year...

are you really that dumb to think that just because he put up numbers that makes him the #2?

the X vs Y vs Z position (which is what we are talking about when you say #1/2/3) is determined more by the receivers physical abilities more so then the actual production you get.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]game over

i win[/quote]

Win at what being wrong? everyone knows that Cruz was the #3 for most of the year last year...

are you really that dumb to think that just because he put up numbers that makes him the #2?

the X vs Y vs Z position (which is what we are talking about when you say #1/2/3) is determined more by the receivers physical abilities more so then the actual production you get.

[/quote]

X-Y-Z has no bearing on snaps or who is considered the #1 on a team.

Your alone on the fact of Cruz being the #3.

But we'll put your theory to the test.

Most would consider Cruz a #2, while i would say some considered him the #1

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]And the fact you keep trying to mention this stat about SNAPS is obnoxious because before we started this debate, I could of gone around the league and asked you who was each teams #3 WR and you would have had answers without any ****ing CLUE of who had more snaps as the 3rd WR. [/quote]

I would have guessed at who I THOUGHT had the most snaps though....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Whose the number 2 and 3 WR of the Saints?[/quote]

I would think for the saints the WR order would be #1 Colston (obviously) #2 Devery Henderson (which you will say I'm wrong on) #3 Lance Moore (cause he's usually on the field at the slot) #4 Meachem

lol your absolutely wrong on that cuz Meachum was DEF taking more snaps than BOTH of them.... although you had Henderson above Moore in snap count and u would def be right on that

http://boards.giants.com/forums/thread/2511702.aspx

no more debate we're taking this to TAGF

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]game over

i win[/quote]

[/quote]X-Y-Z has no bearing on snaps or who is considered the #1 on a team. [/quote]

WTF of course X-Y-Z has a bearing on Snaps....and of course it has everything to do with who is #1 on the team...the X is always the #1 receiver X-Y-Z translates into 1-2-3

what are you like New to this football thing?

and you can throw up your misleading poll on TAGF I don't give a crap about what results you get cause you always doctor it your way...just like your hypotheticals...

Going to lunch...have fun trying to convince people you are right while I'm away.