All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]all that XYZ does is label where the player is on the field.. it has no bearing on the talent.

In most 2 WR sets we saw Cruz and Nicks.
    [/quote]</p>

I think this is right.</p>[/quote]

I disagree, I think for the majority of the season it was Nicks and Manningham....Cruz may have taken over some of Manningham's snaps later in the season in 2WR sets....but overall looking at the season in total...Manningham spent more time as the #2 then Cruz...that's what I think.

Matt's bringing talent and production into the equation...I'm not talking about them...they have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion if you ask me.

All-Pro

[quote user="byron"]Right I said this in the other thread 1,2,3 is a talent ranking more than anything[/quote]

Not to me, not at all actually, 1,2,3 to mean dictates whose on the field what option they are and maybe what other teams do to stop them...talent ends up playing a part...but your most talented receiver can be your 5th receiver, Cruz is a perfect example of this...he was what on our practice squad last year? didn't make the team or did and was put on the pup whatever it was he wasn't considered much...but he was clearly one of the most talented receivers on our team even at that point...we just didn't see it.

[quote user="byron"]...Its real clear to me that MM is #3 on the talent list and or pecking order of these coaches ....[/quote]

Maybe by the end of the season, but for more then the first half of the season...the pecking order went Nicks Manningham (Hixon) then later Nicks Manningham then Cruz then late season it went (maybe) Nicks Cruz Manningham.....still though, the majority of the season MM spent as the #2 at least in my opinion.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]all that XYZ does is label where the player is on the field.. it has no bearing on the talent.

In most 2 WR sets we saw Cruz and Nicks.
    [/quote]</p>

I think this is right.</p>[/quote]

I disagree, I think for the majority of the season it was Nicks and Manningham....Cruz may have taken over some of Manningham's snaps later in the season in 2WR sets....but overall looking at the season in total...Manningham spent more time as the #2 then Cruz...that's what I think.

Matt's bringing talent and production into the equation...I'm not talking about them...they have absolutely nothing to do with the discussion if you ask me.
    [/quote]

what are you basing the Manningham on? I mean production, targets, and would definitly say snaps go to Cruz.

No your bringing talent into the XYZ labels, which is incorrectly using them.
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="byron"]Right I said this in the other thread 1,2,3 is a talent ranking more than anything[/quote]

Not to me, not at all actually, 1,2,3 to mean dictates whose on the field what option they are and maybe what other teams do to stop them...talent ends up playing a part...but your most talented receiver can be your 5th receiver, Cruz is a perfect example of this...he was what on our practice squad last year? didn't make the team or did and was put on the pup whatever it was he wasn't considered much...but he was clearly one of the most talented receivers on our team even at that point...we just didn't see it.

[quote user="byron"]...Its real clear to me that MM is #3 on the talent list and or pecking order of these coaches ....[/quote]

Maybe by the end of the season, but for more then the first half of the season...the pecking order went Nicks Manningham (Hixon) then later Nicks Manningham then Cruz then late season it went (maybe) Nicks Cruz Manningham.....still though, the majority of the season MM spent as the #2 at least in my opinion.
    [/quote] Well whatever man... I'm not going to try and figure out how orwhat this coaching bases their decisions on but Cruz out produced every wrs here and set records in the process....That tells me that perhaps a boo boo was made the his evaluation...Or there was some other screwed up reason for it.....

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

what are you basing the Manningham on? I mean production, targets, and would definitly say snaps go to Cruz.[/quote]

Production has nothing to do with #1-2-3 receivers so I don't even know why you bring that up.

My point is as it's always been from the beginning is that the first half or more of the season Mario Manningham was the #2 as in the second read in Eli's progression, the WR that got coverage from the defenses second best CB and the guy who was on the field with Nick in 2WR sets.

I know it changes later in the season...thank you for reminding me a million times...but just because it changed late season doesn't mean that the first half or more of the season didn't happen.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]No your bringing talent into the XYZ labels, which is incorrectly using them.
    [/quote]

Thank you I recognize that I was mixing up Y and Z I don't see how that matters.

All-Pro

[quote user="byron"]] Well whatever man... I'm not going to try and figure out how orwhat this coaching bases their decisions on but Cruz out produced every wrs here and set records in the process....That tells me that perhaps a boo boo was made the his evaluation...Or there was some other screwed up reason for it.....[/quote]

Well the point is Byron...if they consider Cruz a 3rd receiver he's going to be covered in some situations by linebackers while Mario is out there on a Corner Back...so obviously the production numbers are going to be skewed...that's why I'm not using statistics at all in this discussion...because they don't matter...they are unreliable.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"]Nyg designated Weatherford as our Franchise player. Good Move.

That guy is comical. He was funny with the marching band drum at the parade.[/quote]I love the guys emotion for a punter.I read he was one of the guys ripping all the jets **** that covered everything Giants right after we beat the Jets. I know the Jets dropped him but still.
    [/quote]

Weatherford was that guy? Awesome.

[quote user="dezzzR"]http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1fKW0F...v=D2FX9rviEhw/

[/quote]That's a bit bizzare

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"]http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1fKW0F...v=D2FX9rviEhw/

[/quote]That's a bit bizzare[/quote]baaaaaastuds. lol

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!