Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...structure.html</P>

</P>

guaranteed money</P>

[/quote]Im kind of annoyed guys like canty and rolle havnt taken paycuts. I dont care what anyone says, Rolle does not deserve that contract.
    [/quote]

Rolle did last year and we played him at corner for most of the season which is a more expensive position
    [/quote]And he wasnt a very good corner.

I just dont like how Elis ALWAYS taking paycuts when he was a key factor in both super bowls and the road leading to them.
    [/quote]</P>

Both "restructures" of Eli's contract have made him MORE money, not less. When a team is over the cap they have decisions to make. They go where the money is. They may go to an expendable guy and threaten to cut him in order to take a pay cut. They also go to the high priced, indespensable guys like Eli and dangle a carrot in front of them to defer some pay. They don't go to an agent and say..."Gee...can you do us a favor?". Thast not how it works.</P>

You guys need to wise up.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...structure.html</p>

</p>

guaranteed money</p>[/quote]Im kind of annoyed guys like canty and rolle havnt taken paycuts. I dont care what anyone says, Rolle does not deserve that contract.
    [/quote]

Rolle did last year and we played him at corner for most of the season which is a more expensive position

I just dont like how Elis ALWAYS taking paycuts when he was a key factor in both super bowls and the road leading to them.
    [/quote]

doesn't matter, u still had him playing out of position. You can't tell him that he didn't live up to it, becuase he played out of position. He restructured already. You can't add more guaranteed money to him because hes already at a 9 mil cap hit for the two years after this year as well

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

</p>

guaranteed money</p>

[/quote]Im kind of annoyed guys like canty and rolle havnt taken paycuts. I dont care what anyone says, Rolle does not deserve that contract.
    [/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Both "restructures" of Eli's contract have made him MORE money, not less. When a team is over the cap they have decisions to make. They go where the money is. They may go to an expendable guy and threaten to cut him in order to take a pay cut. They also go to the high priced, indespensable guys like Eli and dangle a carrot in front of them to defer some pay. They don't go to an agent and say..."Gee...can you do us a favor?". Thast not how it works.</p>

You guys need to wise up.</p>[/quote]

thats if you are assuming that he wouldn't hit the incentives to fulfill the ocntract

i bet after eli's year last year he would of gotten all the money he made, so thats a push.

All-Pro

</P>

guaranteed money</P>[/quote]Im kind of annoyed guys like canty and rolle havnt taken paycuts. I dont care what anyone says, Rolle does not deserve that contract.
    [/quote]

[/quote]I don't think Eli took a pay cut it took his pay as gauranteed money.. money he gets now he's getting payed the same ....it does help the cap tho

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

guaranteed money</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Both "restructures" of Eli's contract have made him MORE money, not less. When a team is over the cap they have decisions to make. They go where the money is. They may go to an expendable guy and threaten to cut him in order to take a pay cut. They also go to the high priced, indespensable guys like Eli and dangle a carrot in front of them to defer some pay. They don't go to an agent and say..."Gee...can you do us a favor?". Thast not how it works.</P>

[/quote]

thats if you are assuming that he wouldn't hit the incentives to fulfill the ocntract

i bet after eli's year last year he would of gotten all the money he made, so thats a push.
    [/quote]</P>

I have no idea if there are any incentives, or what they are if they exist. I am only saying that the team goes to these players and offers something to them in order to get them to restructure. In reality, they go to the agents, who are there to protect their clients interests. The Giants are in a pickle, capwise. I'm sure they had to give Eli something substantial to get his to restructure.</P>

Lesser players can have employment held over their heads. Guys like Eli are offered addition compensation.</P>

All-Pro

Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?!

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]</P>

It doesn't. It adds to it.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

</P>

guaranteed money</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

I have no idea if there are any incentives, or what they are if they exist. I am only saying that the team goes to these players and offers something to them in order to get them to restructure. In reality, they go to the agents, who are there to protect their clients interests. The Giants are in a pickle, capwise. I'm sure they had to give Eli something substantial to get his to restructure.</P>

Lesser players can have employment held over their heads. Guys like Eli are offered addition compensation.</P>[/quote]If it doesn't cost you anything then why would you not help the team with a restructure...They are saying it was a simple restructure with guaranteed money and showed how it was going to work ....keep it simple comes to mind here ....

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="byron"]

</p>

guaranteed money</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Both "restructures" of Eli's contract have made him MORE money, not less. When a team is over the cap they have decisions to make. They go where the money is. They may go to an expendable guy and threaten to cut him in order to take a pay cut. They also go to the high priced, indespensable guys like Eli and dangle a carrot in front of them to defer some pay. They don't go to an agent and say..."Gee...can you do us a favor?". Thast not how it works.</p>

You guys need to wise up.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I have no idea if there are any incentives, or what they are if they exist. I am only saying that the team goes to these players and offers something to them in order to get them to restructure. In reality, they go to the agents, who are there to protect their clients interests. The Giants are in a pickle, capwise. I'm sure they had to give Eli something substantial to get his to restructure.</p>

Lesser players can have employment held over their heads. Guys like Eli are offered addition compensation.</p>[/quote]

they just turned money that he may not of made into guarnateed money... but with his numbers last year I bet he would of made the money anyway.

Turning it to guaranteed money means even if he has th shistty year and doesn't hit those incentives to get the full price of the contract, it won't matter cuz they changed it to guaranteed..

thats the reason why he does it. So unless he doesn't have a good year, he probably would end up making the same. But he gets it either way now. The monye he forfeited to guaranteed from last year, he probably would of gotten anyway.

But even still, at the end of the day im sure he'll end up making less money because im sure the Giants will extend him the last year of his deal and rework the numbers.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]</P>

It doesn't. It adds to it.</P>

[/quote]</P>

yea i dont think details came out yet, but im pretty sure it just adds him additional guaranteed money to different years within his contract.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant