Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"]This is all true. I know it's all about pay me now for the most part, but do you think any of these guy's consider...let's try to keep this team nucleus in tact and win another championship THIS year? They know they have the QB in Eli. They know what they did last year. To me it's a question you have to ask yourself...get paid monster bucko or get paid well PLUS win a championship.[/quote]</P>

I'm sure that sentiment does exist, yes...especially with guys like Eli specifically who are already worth millions. And youre right, they arent stupid. They won a superbowl! You win, you get more money. But this is just a business decision by the organization to free cap space. It's a good call obviously, as we might be losing pieces, and need some money!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I agree with the prediction that Eli will get a contract extension after this season. I imagine it will lower that $20 mill/year cap figure but also guarantee Eli a lot more money (which I imagine is what most players want -- the security).

All-Pro

He's increasing how much the Giants can spend the year after winning the Super Bowl...that's a huge deal...I don't care if he's still getting paid the same amount...it's still an awesome thing to do...especially considering what happens when teams with the super bowl....everyone is after our players now.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]This is all true. I know it's all about pay me now for the most part, but do you think any of these guy's consider...let's try to keep this team nucleus in tact and win another championship THIS year? They know they have the QB in Eli. They know what they did last year. To me it's a question you have to ask yourself...get paid monster bucko or get paid well PLUS win a championship.[/quote]</P>

I'm sure that sentiment does exist, yes...especially with guys like Eli specifically who are already worth millions. And youre right, they arent stupid. They won a superbowl! You win, you get more money. But this is just a business decision by the organization to free cap space. It's a good call obviously, as we might be losing pieces, and need some money!!</P>[/quote] We've set the bar so high for ourselves, that I would love a consecutive championship. I just think back to how close we were in 2008 for a repeat performance in the sb-if God dam antonio does not give Plax a gun and screw it all up for us.

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]</P>

It doesn't. It adds to it.</P>

[/quote]thank you I thought I was losing my mind if he slips on a banana peel and breaks both his legs he gets the 6 mill ...lets hope that don't happen[/quote]

hes not ADDING more money
    [/quote] Or LOSING money[/quote]

yea correct... i thought that for taking 7 mil off his cap hit they would of given him like a 6 mil bonus - thats what i thought they did at first they didn't do that though

but he didn't ADD money like pappy is saying. Or we won't know until after this year
    [/quote] I'm with ya... I never should have agreed with MH's complete statement...my bad </P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I have no idea what the new wording of his contract is. I doubt anyone in the media does either.</P>

What I am saying is that Eli and his agent aren't going to do anything that isn't in his interest. Nor would our team insult him enough to ask for it. If he got a deferment of some money, he's making out in the end.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]I never should have agreed with MH's complete statement.[/quote]</p>

I just really wanted to quote this.....
    ....no specific reason</p>

=]</p>[/quote]

lol yea B, your still perfect to me, just 99.99% perfect
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="LT_was_good"]To my knowledge, the only way this would increase Eli's pay is if this newly guaranteed $9 million somehow wouldn't have been otherwise earned (so basically if Eli was cut before the end of this contract). This isn't some noble, selfless act either, but I don't think there's financial gain for Eli in this instance.
    [/quote]

exactly

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="byron"]Somebody show me how this cuts Eli's pay !?![/quote]</p>

It doesn't. It adds to it.</p>[/quote]

it only adds to it if he has a bad year in which he wouldn't of hit the incentives that they turned into guaranteed money
    [/quote] not sure about this thinking....bottom line for me is this Eli helped the team with their cap problems by restructuring.....god bless him...but thats it thats all he do not take a pay cut[/quote]

well its simple, he cut 7 mil off his number this year in money that wasn't guaranteed..

Just like he did last year (whatever number he cut off his cap hit last year, lets just say 8 for arguments sake)

He cut 8 off last year in unguaranteed money. So if its unguaranteed, that means it would of been performance based. So they changed it into a signing bonus, which i believe means he would of gotten an 8 million dollar check and it added 2 million a year to what his cap number is for the next 4 years

After the year of production he had, I think it would of been safe to assume that he probably would of gotten that 8 mil..

Now hes doing it again this year with 7 mil. He will probably got a 7mil check today and spread that 7 mil out over the next 3 and final years of his contract and it gets added to his cap number (but he was already paid that money, its just a cap number).

All it did was guarantee unguaranteed money. So if Eli has a good year, he probably would of made this money anyway.

And honestly, we don't even know what these incentives were. It could of just been for playing a full 16 - it could of been simple things that he def would of hit anyway, it could not of.

But if he has a repeat performance of last year or better i think its safe to say he would of made that money anyawy. If he has a ****ty year, then yea, he got paid more than he would have
    [/quote] yeah i was just trying to point out he did not take a pay cut...he helped the team for sure And the fact they are calling this a simple restructure tells me there is little or no gain in money one way or the other .....**** all the lawyer **** we don't have a copy of his contract...given what we fansknow right now it was just a money move thats all..maybe more will come out....I love Eli but there are some here thinking he took a pay cut to help this team which is not true ....and using his moveagainst other players is bull****.....some of these other players are being asked to take real paycuts .......and no matter what we think of them they gotsomething to ***** about.....not us[/quote]

yea def... i just doubt Rolle will be willing to take a pay cut.

Dudes about to be 30 and has three years ahead of him making some real dough...

im sure he realizes if he restructures and completely backloads his deal he will be a cap casualty by the end of it
    [/quote]This is all true. I know it's all about pay me now for the most part, but do you think any of these guy's consider...let's try to keep this team nucleus in tact and win another championship THIS year? They know they have the QB in Eli. They know what they did last year. To me it's a question you have to ask yourself...get paid monster bucko or get paid well PLUS win a championship.[/quote]

ehh... not really..

to an extent im sure.

If i'm rolle i did my part. He just took a hit on his value cuz he was playing corner for us. So to hurry the process up and essentially make him get cut the last year of his deal wouldnt' be in his best interest at all

[quote user="LT_was_good"]I agree with the prediction that Eli will get a contract extension after this season. I imagine it will lower that $20 mill/year cap figure but also guarantee Eli a lot more money (which I imagine is what most players want -- the security).
    [/quote]

well im not sure if it will be after THIS season, probably after two seasons from now

exactly