All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I find it very amusing how Older people are obsessed with Daylight savings time. lmao. They are so afraid that they are going to forget. I'm like in today's world of cable boxes, cell phones, computers, it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to forget.[/quote] </P>

what time is it ?!?...I forgot to fix my pickup clock last fall....ah well it will be right again when!?!</P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"]yeah I hear ya and it may be more important this year to address the OL..but I still think they should startthinking RB.. I think we are paying to much right now for what we have ...I love AB he is a tough sobbut his feet are ****ed .....If BJ leaves we are gonna need somebody or whoever needs to step up.... thats in the near term....Long term its time to startlooking it could be two years before a Rook in this system is readyto play....[/quote]

Im hoping with a year under his belt Baas will have a breakout season.

Hopefully Snee was hiding an injury and didnt just lose a step, and can recover, or else its Petrus or Boothe time.

Either Boothe or Petrus is gonna be a TREMENDOUS upgrade at LG over Diehl.

Im banking on Beatty to come back and not lose a step.

RT is the big question mark for us.... Is Diehl gonna be our RT, do we draft an RT in the 1st or maybe Mitch Schwartz in the 2nd or 3rd??
    [/quote]

your boy better gain a step if he plans to beat Diehl out at LT
    [/quote]As long as he didnt lose both eyes during his detached retina sugery there's no way he's getting beat out by Diehl
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]And don't sleep on Andre Brown either
    [/quote]</p>

really???? dont we cut the guy like every year since we've drafted him?!? lol</p>[/quote]

na we drafted him, he tore his ACL or whatever it was, we got him back and practice squaded him and then the Broncos claimed him, then cut him, then I think he went ot hte Panthers and got cut there, then we signed him last year and coughlin said he looked better than he ever day. Said he was sharper and better

remember we dropped a 4th rounder on him, wasn't like a stab in the dark late
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i love hightower

dude runs hard, runs fast, and can catch

perfect compliment to Bradshaw

I like Battle, but his speed worries me..

What he did behind that line in Arizona was amazing. Shanahan used him horribly. The only time they would move the ball down the field was when he was on the field those first 5 games.

Didn't feed him enough. He started pounding Helu late the way he should of been pounding Hightower
    [/quote]

I don't understand how we always disagree on every player...I would say you or I do it just because we like to argue...but it happens too often and too randomly for that to be the case...

regardless I don't really want Hightower...I'd rather draft someone but Battle and Tolbert...either of them would be good.
    [/quote]

Tolbert will be too much dough, cross him off the list

I like Battle too, jsut not as much as hightower. His speed is a cause for concern, he has those slow first steps like Jacobs
    [/quote] I want to see what Scott can do if BJ goes draft the future AB's feet are always going to be a problem...that being said I don't have a clue what the draft has to offer.......I'm not sure about Hightower he puts the ball on the ground alot at times .....just not crazy about him...I guess if we need a stopgap guy for year you have to do something but I'd rather get the future in here now .....It takes two years to get rooks on the goddamn field under TC or it seems ...They had Cruz behindDH and MM last year I find that odd considering what Cruz came in and done ....sure seems like some one missed the boat evaluating... or there is some sort of ladder system.... but I guess in my mind its time to get our next starter at RB if there is one in there worth taking...get him in the loop now rather than later....[/quote]If we sure up our OL, then we can have anyone running behind them. The best thing for Eli and our offense as a whole is a good plug n play running game, where we can use different backs to their strengths, control the clock, and let Eli use the playaction to an unfair advantage

[/quote]

not if your boy beatty is in
    [/quote]He's the best LT on our roster, he aint goin nowhere
    [/quote]

best pass blocking, not overall

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"]yeah I hear ya and it may be more important this year to address the OL..but I still think they should startthinking RB.. I think we are paying to much right now for what we have ...I love AB he is a tough sobbut his feet are ****ed .....If BJ leaves we are gonna need somebody or whoever needs to step up.... thats in the near term....Long term its time to startlooking it could be two years before a Rook in this system is readyto play....[/quote]

Hopefully Snee was hiding an injury and didnt just lose a step, and can recover, or else its Petrus or Boothe time.

RT is the big question mark for us.... Is Diehl gonna be our RT, do we draft an RT in the 1st or maybe Mitch Schwartz in the 2nd or 3rd??
    [/quote]

[/quote]As long as he didnt lose both eyes during his detached retina sugery there's no way he's getting beat out by Diehl
    [/quote]

we shall see

essentially i think it comes down to how boothe plays at RT.

I think Boothe is astarter no matter what. If he can handle RT, Petrus is a better LG than Beatty is LT. If Boothe holds RT down, Petrus is on the line, and Diehl is still on the roster then no way 4 mil is sitting on the bench

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"]yeah I hear ya and it may be more important this year to address the OL..but I still think they should startthinking RB.. I think we are paying to much right now for what we have ...I love AB he is a tough sobbut his feet are ****ed .....If BJ leaves we are gonna need somebody or whoever needs to step up.... thats in the near term....Long term its time to startlooking it could be two years before a Rook in this system is readyto play....[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we shall see

I think Boothe is astarter no matter what. If he can handle RT, Petrus is a better LG than Beatty is LT. If Boothe holds RT down, Petrus is on the line, and Diehl is still on the roster then no way 4 mil is sitting on the bench
    [/quote]You mean IF Boothe plays RT.

Diehl may be our RT, Boothe was better than Diehl at LG, and Beatty is better than Diehl at LT. Diehl's only chance to start is gonna be at RT, hell Boothe AND Petrus played better than he did at LG

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"]yeah I hear ya and it may be more important this year to address the OL..but I still think they should startthinking RB.. I think we are paying to much right now for what we have ...I love AB he is a tough sobbut his feet are ****ed .....If BJ leaves we are gonna need somebody or whoever needs to step up.... thats in the near term....Long term its time to startlooking it could be two years before a Rook in this system is readyto play....[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we shall see

Diehl may be our RT, Boothe was better than Diehl at LG, and Beatty is better than Diehl at LT. Diehl's only chance to start is gonna be at RT, hell Boothe AND Petrus played better than he did at LG
    [/quote]

Thats why it comes down to who would u rather have on the field, Petrus or Beatty..

Diehl and Boothe will be starting one way or another

and just because Beatty has two left feet doesn't mean hes a good left tackle

[]

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i love hightower

What he did behind that line in Arizona was amazing. Shanahan used him horribly. The only time they would move the ball down the field was when he was on the field those first 5 games.

Didn't feed him enough. He started pounding Helu late the way he should of been pounding Hightower
    [/quote]

I don't understand how we always disagree on every player...I would say you or I do it just because we like to argue...but it happens too often and too randomly for that to be the case...

regardless I don't really want Hightower...I'd rather draft someone but Battle and Tolbert...either of them would be good.
    [/quote]

I like Battle too, jsut not as much as hightower. His speed is a cause for concern, he has those slow first steps like Jacobs
    [/quote] I want to see what Scott can do if BJ goes draft the future AB's feet are always going to be a problem...that being said I don't have a clue what the draft has to offer.......I'm not sure about Hightower he puts the ball on the ground alot at times .....just not crazy about him...I guess if we need a stopgap guy for year you have to do something but I'd rather get the future in here now .....It takes two years to get rooks on the goddamn field under TC or it seems ...They had Cruz behindDH and MM last year I find that odd considering what Cruz came in and done ....sure seems like some one missed the boat evaluating... or there is some sort of ladder system.... but I guess in my mind its time to get our next starter at RB if there is one in there worth taking...get him in the loop now rather than later....[/quote]

well even if we lose Jacobs, which is looking pretty realistic i don't think we'd be getting heavy doses of Scott... talk about laying it on the ground too much. 3 fumbles in like 6 times he touched the ball last year? He will be in Coughlins doghouse forever until he proves hes over that.

Can't bank on a Cruz type player though

And don't sleep on Andre Brown either
    [/quote] </P>

Well maybe you can't bank on him but you can't sleep on him either stick him down the depth chart because you think he is a fluke or something....as sorry as I am DH got hurt I some kind of happy Cruz got his shot but whatever it could all change next year with double teams and such.....there is good dog owners and there is bad dog owners just like there is good and bad dogs...dog can't hunt youdon't hunt him he shows any signshe can hunt load the gun....lol</P>

I'm done </P>

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i love hightower

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] I want to see what Scott can do if BJ goes draft the future AB's feet are always going to be a problem...that being said I don't have a clue what the draft has to offer.......I'm not sure about Hightower he puts the ball on the ground alot at times .....just not crazy about him...I guess if we need a stopgap guy for year you have to do something but I'd rather get the future in here now .....It takes two years to get rooks on the goddamn field under TC or it seems ...They had Cruz behindDH and MM last year I find that odd considering what Cruz came in and done ....sure seems like some one missed the boat evaluating... or there is some sort of ladder system.... but I guess in my mind its time to get our next starter at RB if there is one in there worth taking...get him in the loop now rather than later....[/quote]If we sure up our OL, then we can have anyone running behind them. The best thing for Eli and our offense as a whole is a good plug n play running game, where we can use different backs to their strengths, control the clock, and let Eli use the playaction to an unfair advantage

[/quote]

not if your boy beatty is in
    [/quote]He's the best LT on our roster, he aint goin nowhere
    [/quote]

best pass blocking, not overall

[/quote]If Diehl was the better LT then he would have had the job at the beginning of the season, cept he wasnt so they gave him another shot at LG

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="byron"]yeah I hear ya and it may be more important this year to address the OL..but I still think they should startthinking RB.. I think we are paying to much right now for what we have ...I love AB he is a tough sobbut his feet are ****ed .....If BJ leaves we are gonna need somebody or whoever needs to step up.... thats in the near term....Long term its time to startlooking it could be two years before a Rook in this system is readyto play....[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

we shall see

[/quote]

Thats why it comes down to who would u rather have on the field, Petrus or Beatty..

Diehl and Boothe will be starting one way or another

and just because Beatty has two left feet doesn't mean hes a good left tackle

[]
    [/quote]I dont see your logic here

2 left feet, what???

Diehl isnt playing LT next season, and you can take that to the bank