Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]
    <H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust</DIV></H6>
    <H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</SPAN></H6>

</P>

</P>

saaay whaaat?
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

I think Clark comes cheap if that's true. What do you guys think? Huge injury risk.
    High risk, high reward type guy for sure. But both these guys have a nice price tag if I were to guess.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]That Megatron contract is NUTS!!! But honestly, if there's anyone in the NFL that deserves it, he does.
    He's basically the best player in the NFL, I'm sure it's not just me who thinks that.[/quote]Hakeems numbers are just as good through his first 3 years.
    [/quote]</p>

Do you even remember who Calvin's QBs were for those years?

ppl just threw the ball near him and he would make plays.

I'm not saying anything about Hakeem Nicks.....but don't be a homer, Dezz lol =P
    I can't ask for a better group of WRs than what we've had this year </p>

[/quote]Its funny Matt Leinart was the QB for 2/3 of those guys
    [/quote]</p>

haha</p>

calvin had Kitna, Orlovsky, Culpepper for his years prior to Stafford. I really wonder if their game plan was basically "**** it...just throw it near Calvin...he's bound to catch at LEAST half my awful passes!" ?</p>[/quote]Didnt he have Drew Stanton throwing him passes for a short period as well???

Yea they pretty much just closed their eyes and threw it on Tron's half of the field and he always came down with it
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="ny06"]

Career total stats </P>

Calvin Johnson first 3 years in the NFL</P>

193 receptions.3,071 yards. 22 td's (included 1 rushing td)</P>

Hakeem Nicks 3 years in the NFL</P>

202 receptions. 3,034 yards. 24 touchdowns</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

like I said....I'm not taking anything away from Hakeem Nicks. He's probably my favorite Giant.
    but there's a massive difference between palying with Eli,&amp; having guys like Cruz and Manningham line up on the same plays......
    Then a bunch of scrubs surround you on your team. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"]<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

saaay whaaat?
    </p>[/quote]

i could actually see that...

I mean by the overuse of Beckum in the slot and as a WR, we could basically go with what we have at WR and use Clark split out an occasionally at TE..
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6>
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

saaay whaaat?
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

I think Clark comes cheap if that's true. What do you guys think? Huge injury risk.
    High risk, high reward type guy for sure. But both these guys have a nice price tag if I were to guess.</p>[/quote]Meh, this really doesnt do it for me.

I understand it, especially if we get Bennett who's a damned good blocker that could really evolve into an all-around TE under Mike Pope. Clark is more of a H-Back, Beckham type of TE, not really an inline TE like Boss, Ballard, etc but it wouldnt hurt to have him as another option for Eazy E

If he's cheap because of the injuries Id look at him, there's no way in hell I would break the bank on him

Eli can make ANY TE look excellent
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="Kase-1"]Didnt he have Drew Stanton throwing him passes for a short period as well???

Yea they pretty much just closed their eyes and threw it on Tron's half of the field and he always came down with it
    [/quote]</P>

yea, but he only started like 2 games i think over a 2 year period.
    09 he had Stafford's weak rookie season, and Culpepper again(and stanton)
    10 he had Stafford again(got hurt), and Megatron made Shaun Hill look like a ****ing stud QBhahaha</P>

Werent we the ones who took out Stafford at THEE game? &gt;.&lt; or did it happen after that?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust</DIV></H6>
    <H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</SPAN></H6>

</P>

</P>

saaay whaaat?
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

High risk, high reward type guy for sure. But both these guys have a nice price tag if I were to guess.</P>

[/quote]Meh, this really doesnt do it for me.

I understand it, especially if we get Bennett who's a damned good blocker that could really evolve into an all-around TE under Mike Pope. Clark is more of a H-Back, Beckham type of TE, not really an inline TE like Boss, Ballard, etc but it wouldnt hurt to have him as another option for Eazy E

If he's cheap because of the injuries Id look at him, there's no way in hell I would break the bank on him

Eli can make ANY TE look excellent
    [/quote]</P>

youre right about the h-back....however everyone has been complaining about how we havnet had a legit receiving TE since like 06 Shockey</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"]Didnt he have Drew Stanton throwing him passes for a short period as well???

[/quote]</P>

10 he had Stafford again(got hurt), and Megatron made Shaun Hill look like a ****ing stud QBhahaha</P>

Werent we the ones who took out Stafford at THEE game? &gt;.&lt; or did it happen after that?</P>

[/quote]</P>

We took out Hill in Thee game. Then Drew Stanton (MSU) lit our secondary up.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

We took out Hill in Thee game. Then Drew Stanton (MSU) lit our secondary up.</P>

[/quote]</P>

ok, i couldnt remember who started.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

Career total stats </P>

Calvin Johnson first 3 years in the NFL</P>

193 receptions.3,071 yards. 22 td's (included 1 rushing td)</P>

Hakeem Nicks 3 years in the NFL</P>

202 receptions. 3,034 yards. 24 touchdowns</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

like I said....I'm not taking anything away from Hakeem Nicks. He's probably my favorite Giant.
    but there's a massive difference between palying with Eli,&amp; having guys like Cruz and Manningham line up on the same plays......
    Then a bunch of scrubs surround you on your team. </P>

[/quote]</P>

The thing that I don't like about this conversation is now we are judging the two players on who they play with and who there qb is. </P>

It's safe to say Jerry Rice is the best WR to ever play the game correct? But do people say well he did play with Joe Montana and Steve Young. And had John Taylor on the other side of him majority of his career. </P>

Would Calvin Johnson still put up monster numbers if the Lions had a legitimate 2nd option receiver on there team? Probably; but the point I am making is Nicks should not be discredited because he plays with Eli and had Steve Smith and Cruz on the other side of him. </P>

My opinion is Calvin Johnson is the best wr in the game <U>right now</U>; but I think Hakeem Nicks can be discussed as an elite receiver in this league. And someday may take the spot as the best receiver in this game. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s