All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust</DIV></H6>
    <H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</SPAN></H6>

</P>

</P>

saaay whaaat?
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

I think Clark comes cheap if that's true. What do you guys think? Huge injury risk.
    High risk, high reward type guy for sure. But both these guys have a nice price tag if I were to guess.</P>[/quote] Clark definitely has the smarts to step right in Bennett may need a little more time adjusting...I'm just guessing....building a team to hopefullymake a run at the playoffs guys like Clark can be big assets he's been therehas a good head on his shoulders, talented, and a team player...Bennett may be more of a project with more upside long term....like you say if the price is right yeah..

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

Career total stats </P>

Calvin Johnson first 3 years in the NFL</P>

193 receptions.3,071 yards. 22 td's (included 1 rushing td)</P>

Hakeem Nicks 3 years in the NFL</P>

202 receptions. 3,034 yards. 24 touchdowns</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

like I said....I'm not taking anything away from Hakeem Nicks. He's probably my favorite Giant.
    but there's a massive difference between palying with Eli,&amp; having guys like Cruz and Manningham line up on the same plays......
    Then a bunch of scrubs surround you on your team. </P>

[/quote]</P>

The thing that I don't like about this conversation is now we are judging the two players on who they play with and who there qb is. </P>

It's safe to say Jerry Rice is the best WR to ever play the game correct? But do people say well he did play with Joe Montana and Steve Young. And had John Taylor on the other side of him majority of his career. </P>

Would Calvin Johnson still put up monster numbers if the Lions had a legitimate 2nd option receiver on there team? Probably; but the point I am making is Nicks should not be discredited because he plays with Eli and had Steve Smith and Cruz on the other side of him. </P>

My opinion is Calvin Johnson is the best wr in the game <U>right now</U>; but I think Hakeem Nicks can be discussed as an elite receiver in this league. And someday may take the spot as the best receiver in this game. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I don't think there is any doubt really that Calvin is the best WR in the NFL. Fitz and Andre behind him. I would put Nicks in the next catagory though.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6>
    <h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</span></h6>

</p>

</p>

saaay whaaat?
    </p>

[/quote]</p>

I think Clark comes cheap if that's true. What do you guys think? Huge injury risk.
    High risk, high reward type guy for sure. But both these guys have a nice price tag if I were to guess.</p>

[/quote]Meh, this really doesnt do it for me.

I understand it, especially if we get Bennett who's a damned good blocker that could really evolve into an all-around TE under Mike Pope. Clark is more of a H-Back, Beckham type of TE, not really an inline TE like Boss, Ballard, etc but it wouldnt hurt to have him as another option for Eazy E

If he's cheap because of the injuries Id look at him, there's no way in hell I would break the bank on him

Eli can make ANY TE look excellent
    [/quote]</p>

youre right about the h-back....however everyone has been complaining about how we havnet had a legit receiving TE since like 06 Shockey</p>[/quote]If you look at the numbers, Shockey had 1 season in 2005 that was significantly better than Boss or Ballard, he had 891yds and 7tds.

Other than that year all 3 of those Ballard had just as good as a season as Boss or Shockey (cept for 05) ever had with us
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="ny06"]The thing that I don't like about this conversation is now we are judging the two players on who they play with and who there qb is.

It's safe to say Jerry Rice is the best WR to ever play the game correct? But do people say well he did play with Joe Montana and Steve Young. And had John Taylor on the other side of him majority of his career. </P>

Would Calvin Johnson still put up monster numbers if the Lions had a legitimate 2nd option receiver on there team? Probably; but the point I am making is Nicks should not be discredited because he plays with Eli and had Steve Smith and Cruz on the other side of him. </P>

My opinion is Calvin Johnson is the best wr in the game <U>right now</U>; but I think Hakeem Nicks can be discussed as an elite receiver in this league. And someday may take the spot as the best receiver in this game. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

I dont disagree with any of this....
    the last part is particularly true i think. Yes, he is an elite WR in my eyes. in terms of yardage, we had 2 top 10 receivers in the league. (there are a few TEs in the list that pushed Nicks back to 11th in yardage.)
    If Nicks continues to be the beast he is.....looks like we have multiple future HOFers on our roster </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Weren't we supposed to get Tamme? Then it was Bennett. Now its Clark.</P>

Sounds like a lot of speculation on a lot of people's part.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"]I don't think there is any doubt really that Calvin is the best WR in the NFL. Fitz and Andre behind him. I would put Nicks in the next catagory though.[/quote]</P>

yuppppppppppppppp!!!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="dezzzR"]
    <H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
    <DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'>In Reese We Trust</DIV></H6>
    <H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Alex Marvez from Fox Sports thinks the Giants will go after Dallas Clark in the near future in addition to Martellus Bennett.</SPAN></H6>

</P>

</P>

saaay whaaat?
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

High risk, high reward type guy for sure. But both these guys have a nice price tag if I were to guess.</P>

[/quote]Meh, this really doesnt do it for me.

I understand it, especially if we get Bennett who's a damned good blocker that could really evolve into an all-around TE under Mike Pope. Clark is more of a H-Back, Beckham type of TE, not really an inline TE like Boss, Ballard, etc but it wouldnt hurt to have him as another option for Eazy E

If he's cheap because of the injuries Id look at him, there's no way in hell I would break the bank on him

Eli can make ANY TE look excellent
    [/quote]</P>

youre right about the h-back....however everyone has been complaining about how we havnet had a legit receiving TE since like 06 Shockey</P>[/quote] Under TC we stopped throwing the ball to Shockey/Te's as much..... part of Shockeys gripe or the beginnings of it...last few years we throw at themmore often or it seems to me

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]The thing that I don't like about this conversation is now we are judging the two players on who they play with and who there qb is.

*</P>

[/quote]</P>

I dont disagree with any of this....
    the last part is particularly true i think. Yes, he is an elite WR in my eyes. in terms of yardage, we had 2 top 10 receivers in the league. (there are a few TEs in the list that pushed Nicks back to 11th in yardage.)
    If Nicks continues to be the beast he is.....looks like we have multiple future HOFers on our roster </P>[/quote]Which is really awesome to consider. Alot times, Hof qb's pull wide receivers into Canton with them.

Very exciting years for the giants. No one can really say anything about us. Since 2000 we went to the show 3x and won twice.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Weren't we supposed to get Tamme?* Then it was Bennett.* Now its Clark.</P>

Sounds like a lot of speculation on a lot of people's part.</P>[/quote]Agree

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline"><div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}">In Reese We Trust</div></h6><h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"> <span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">Aaron Ross is scheduled to visit the Washington Redskins on Friday.</span></h6>

</p>

[+o(]
    </p>

</p>

how the hell can the redskins afford anyone?
    </p>