Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

I dont mind Denver or anything, but I just dont see why Peyton would want to go there, when other teams have better personnel....
    Denver doesnt have much going for them offensively in my opinion. i could be jsut selling them short, but they dont seem that great, or anything appealing enough for a future HOFer to sign with. dunno.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]good news is that the running backs haven't been getting paid.

we may have a shot at tolbert...

unless he signed? I haven't been following since the tourny started

anybody doing a brackets?

I am doing pretty good. 3 of my final 4 teams and sitting pretty in 2nd place out of like 80

And i locked up first place in fantasy hoops, woop woop

EDIT: I heard we were looking at BGE ... any truth to that?
    [/quote]</p>

we're looking at the Lawfirm?
    didnt read much yet about that. Good backup for us....but I rather have Tolbert obviously.

Next week my fantasy hoops playoffs start, and only the 1st place team has clinched. THAT'S how close it is....
    I basically just need to tie or win this week. My team is crippled =\</p>

and no, no bracket....i dont even watch.
    I dont understand why ppl only follow the tourney when they A) dont follow college hoops, and B) dont even watch sports.
    lol</p>

[/quote]

because its good basketball for the most part

plus having 4 stations of games for two full days is awesome lol
    [/quote]</p>

The NCAA tournament sucks. Completely SUCKS!!!</p>

Good basketball Matt? Its like watching high school basketball. All the talent leaves college basketball after thier freshman year. College hoops is all about the coaches and not the players.</p>

And i can't watch Stuey when TBS has college basketball.</p>[/quote]

u must of only watched your huskies play...

the officiating is trying to make sure their brackets don't bust
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]good news is that the running backs haven't been getting paid.

I am doing pretty good. 3 of my final 4 teams and sitting pretty in 2nd place out of like 80

[/quote]</P>

didnt read much yet about that. Good backup for us....but I rather have Tolbert obviously.

Next week my fantasy hoops playoffs start, and only the 1st place team has clinched. THAT'S how close it is....
    I basically just need to tie or win this week. My team is crippled =\</P>

I dont understand why ppl only follow the tourney when they A) dont follow college hoops, and B) dont even watch sports.
    lol</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

The NCAA tournament sucks. Completely SUCKS!!!</P>

Good basketball Matt? Its like watching high school basketball. All the talent leaves college basketball after thier freshman year. College hoops is all about the coaches and not the players.</P>

And i can't watch Stuey when TBS has college basketball.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

So not only does the quality of play suck, so does the officiating.</P>

Nice call in the 'Cuse game.</P>

Bring on opening dayfor God's sake. February and March suck!!!!!</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I got Madden12 finally yesterday. Got a used copy on ebay for $22 shipped

It's alot harder than the previous one I had.

few things I noticed:

- opponent awareness in the secondary is much better. You really need a WIDE open receiver to throw to or else your pass will get batted down. Even the linebacks will knock down passes over their heads into the secondary

-almost every single other madden game, when on defense i would control a DE or a DT. But as dezz mentioned to me last week, the DE moves are kinda lame in this one. When i play a DT, its fairly easy to stop the run on the inside, and let your DEs cover the outside. But pass rushing never works at the ends!! so frustrating!! Oh, and when you DO pull off a swim move, your end rushes to the inside into a guard instead of to the outside, which would make sense when i rewatch the play lol.

-running is still the easiest part of offense. </P>

-the player cuts in preseason franchise is an awesome feature
    -although i dont understand why it adds FAs automattically instead of saying "you need to have 4 safeties, etc.....and then it doesnt tell you it signs them either....oh, AND it cut Barden and Cruz without telling me. so i couldnt figure that out.</P>

[/quote]

yea it depends on the coverage with who I control... I am either a DE, MLB, or saftey.

if u do franchise, you can sign all of those guys to bring em into camp. I actually gor bored of playing online yesterday and made a franchise so that I could get Bennett on the Giants lol....

then i traded around playerthat signed around the league and put peyton on the 9ers...

i can't play on allmadden, i just get skunked. Im starting to dominate all pro though so i'll make the transition soon
    [/quote]</P>

yea im trying to figure out if i want other things to be realistic, like other players on teams, or just the giants specifically. like, i didnt get rid of manningham yet...and i didnt get bennett yet. maybe i'll just finish out the first season with him(ham), and then just not resign him.
    this sounds weird, but....i like when players get injured in the game, lets you use more players and 'develop' them.
    i love madden lol.
    I dont play online...because uhh....**** paying that.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]I dont mind Denver or anything, but I just dont see why Peyton would want to go there, when other teams have better personnel....
    Denver doesnt have much going for them offensively in my opinion. i could be jsut selling them short, but they dont seem that great, or anything appealing enough for a future HOFer to sign with. dunno.[/quote]

they got a pretty decent run game, Demaryiuous Thomas is an untapped resource. Plus once Peyton signs, they may still be able to get a Plax type signing and Dallas Clark.

[quote user="JPizzack"]I dont mind Denver or anything, but I just dont see why Peyton would want to go there, when other teams have better personnel....
    Denver doesnt have much going for them offensively in my opinion. i could be jsut selling them short, but they dont seem that great, or anything appealing enough for a future HOFer to sign with. dunno.[/quote]</P>

They are $40MM under the cap. Expect to see Dallas Clark signed with whatever team signs Peyton.</P>

The talent will follow when peyton signs. Point is that Denver has a very good defense. And Knowshow (despite the fact that he came from a hack college...Haha) has a perfect skill set for Peyton.</P>

And don't forget Thomas and Decker.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

I basically just need to tie or win this week. My team is crippled =\</p>

lol</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

The NCAA tournament sucks. Completely SUCKS!!!</p>

Good basketball Matt? Its like watching high school basketball. All the talent leaves college basketball after thier freshman year. College hoops is all about the coaches and not the players.</p>

And i can't watch Stuey when TBS has college basketball.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

So not only does the quality of play suck, so does the officiating.</p>

Nice call in the 'Cuse game.</p>

Bring on opening dayfor God's sake. February and March suck!!!!!</p>[/quote]

u turned into such a grumpy old man lol

if uconn was still in u wouldn't be saying all of this. They let down the big east fans. I would be upset if i were u too.

[quote user="Morehead State"]So not only does the quality of play suck, so does the officiating.

Nice call in the 'Cuse game.</P>

Bring on opening dayfor God's sake. February and March suck!!!!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

yupppppp!!!</P>

college hoops is terribad....has been for awhile.
    I havent really followed since the days Carter and Jamison were at UNC</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Denver doesnt have much going for them offensively in my opinion. i could be jsut selling them short, but they dont seem that great, or anything appealing enough for a future HOFer to sign with. dunno.[/quote]</p>

They are $40MM under the cap. Expect to see Dallas Clark signed with whatever team signs Peyton.</p>

The talent will follow when peyton signs. Point is that Denver has a very good defense. And Knowshow (despite the fact that he came from a hack college...Haha) has a perfect skill set for Peyton.</p>[/quote]

don't forget McGahee was a beast this past year too