Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"]Cause Ea is buying out every major developer and watering down there games. i love madden, but lets be honest, its the same game every year just slightly polished with a roster update. If the 2k series could work something out with the nfl (it wont) it would force EA to get off their asses and make the greatest madden ever.

[/quote]

OMG, i would spend $80 on a 2k version of an NFL game!!!
    I love their baseball and basketball games!!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

First of all let me just say that you guys can obviuosly talk about anything you want. This is America and more power to you.</P>

But video games?</P>

Maybe it IS a good time for the MB's to shut down for a couple days.</P>

[/quote]dont knock it if you havnt tried it. you would LOVE madden. plus a ps3 has a bluray.
    [/quote]</P>

I'm sure you're right. But it would destroy my soul.</P>

[/quote]</P>

the industry could probably support 100s of countries by itself. BILLIONS upon BILLIONS go into the video game market. crazy really...
    anyway....i neither agree or disagree with you.

You and I dont play sports anymore, but we're big fans, what does that make us if not nonparticipants?
    Dont even say golf.....it's a hobby.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I play 100 rounds of golf per year. WhenI work out a lot my game gets much better. I like to compete.</P>

Look you guys can do whatever you want, this is just a philosphical point with me. Whenever we have teenagers over or see them out they friggin can't even talk anymore. they can't look you in the eye and have a conversation. They look down at thier smart phones and text or do whatever they're doing. They have no people skills. And they're fat too. They don't work out, they don't exercise, they don't participate in the course of normal human existence. </P>

Drives me nuts. Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke predicted it exactly right in 2001, A Space Odessey. we have become so involved and dependant on our technology, we are being stripped of our humanity. Its a troubling trend.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

First of all let me just say that you guys can obviuosly talk about anything you want. This is America and more power to you.</p>

But video games?</p>

Maybe it IS a good time for the MB's to shut down for a couple days.</p>

[/quote]dont knock it if you havnt tried it. you would LOVE madden. plus a ps3 has a bluray.
    [/quote]</p>

I'm sure you're right. But it would destroy my soul.</p>[/quote]what if its 8-9 pm during the week and theres nothing on tv?

[quote user="Morehead State"]can do whatever you want, this is just a philosphical point with me. Whenever we have teenagers over or see them out they friggin can't even talk anymore. they can't look you in the eye and have a conversation. They look down at thier smart phones and text or do whatever they're doing. They have no people skills. And they're fat too. They don't work out, they don't exercise, they don't participate in the course of normal human existence.

Drives me nuts. Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke predicted it exactly right in 2001, A Space Odessey. we have become so involved and dependant on our technology, we are being stripped of our humanity. Its a troubling trend.</P>

[/quote]</P>

says the guy quoting a movie...on the internet.....on his computer....lol

lol i dont disagree with you really....but it's just a hobby. sure there are kids who do nothing else, but...just like 100% of all issues with "today's youth" it's a result of bad parenting. And I stand by that opinion.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

First of all let me just say that you guys can obviuosly talk about anything you want. This is America and more power to you.</P>

But video games?</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm sure you're right. But it would destroy my soul.</P>

[/quote]what if its 8-9 pm during the week and theres nothing on tv?
    [/quote]</P>

Do whatever you want Dez. Its just a general philosophy with me. You guys can call me a grumpy old man if you want, but they love me in Westfield. Hahaha!!!</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]can do whatever you want, this is just a philosphical point with me. Whenever we have teenagers over or see them out they friggin can't even talk anymore. they can't look you in the eye and have a conversation. They look down at thier smart phones and text or do whatever they're doing. They have no people skills. And they're fat too. They don't work out, they don't exercise, they don't participate in the course of normal human existence.

[/quote]</P>

lol i dont disagree with you really....but it's just a hobby. sure there are kids who do nothing else, but...just like 100% of all issues with "today's youth" it's a result of bad parenting. And I stand by that opinion.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Bad parents let their kids play non stop video games. But you are absolutely right, bad parenting is killing this country. The breakdown of the family unit is a crisis. Selfish parents who don't want to spend time with their kids or stay committed to keeping thier family together drive me nuts too.</P>

I admit I was born in the wrong century.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

First of all let me just say that you guys can obviuosly talk about anything you want.* This is America and more power to you.</P>

But video games?</P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm sure you're right.* But it would destroy my soul.</P>

[/quote]</P>

the industry could probably support 100s of countries by itself. BILLIONS upon BILLIONS go into the video game market. crazy really...
    anyway....i neither agree or disagree with you.

You and I dont play sports anymore, but we're big fans, what does that make us if not nonparticipants?
    Dont even say golf.....it's a hobby.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I play 100 rounds of golf per year.* When*I work out a lot my game gets much better.* I like to compete.</P>

Look you guys can do whatever you want, this is just a philosphical point with me.* Whenever we have teenagers over or see them out they friggin can't even talk anymore.* they can't look you in the eye and have a conversation.* They look down at thier smart phones and text or do whatever they're doing.* They have no people skills.* And they're fat too.* They don't work out, they don't exercise, they don't participate in the course of normal human existence.* </P>

Drives me nuts.** Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke predicted it exactly right in 2001, A Space Odessey.* we have become so involved and dependant on our technology, we are being stripped of our humanity.* Its a troubling trend.</P>[/quote]All very good points and mostly true. You have to try to balance it all out. Many people have a very hard time doing that. My daughter is FAR too much into the facebook and texting. BUT-we know we are not going to be able to stop it so we JOIN it....well my wife does anyway. The two of them sit with her laptop for hours/days. My influences -have our daughter doing her exercising, aerobics and light weights plus she does track, cheer, music -singing and piano etc. We support alot of her seeing her friends and communicating with her peers. but the facebook and iphone is insane. I'm just happy to try and get somewhat of a healthy balance for her.

[quote user="Morehead State"]Bad parents let their kids play non stop video games. But you are absolutely right, bad parenting is killing this country. The breakdown of the family unit is a crisis. Selfish parents who don't want to spend time with their kids or stay committed to keeping thier family together drive me nuts too.

[/quote]</P>

well I think it's too difficult to blame a specific generation....and i hate to say this, but I think it's when we somehow went all pussified and said it's not ok to spank your children.
    BEATING your children is one thing....but can't reprimand them? lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]can do whatever you want, this is just a philosphical point with me.* Whenever we have teenagers over or see them out they friggin can't even talk anymore.* they can't look you in the eye and have a conversation.* They look down at thier smart phones and text or do whatever they're doing.* They have no people skills.* And they're fat too.* They don't work out, they don't exercise, they don't participate in the course of normal human existence.*

Drives me nuts.** Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clarke predicted it exactly right in 2001, A Space Odessey.* we have become so involved and dependant on our technology, we are being stripped of our humanity.* Its a troubling trend.</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Bad parents let their kids play non stop video games.* But you are absolutely right, bad parenting is killing this country.* The breakdown of the family unit is a crisis.* Selfish parents who don't want to spend time with their kids or stay committed to keeping thier family together drive me nuts too.</P>

I admit I was born in the wrong century.</P>[/quote]It's ALOT of work being a good parent. I'm sitting next to him for all the video game play. I'll use whatever comes up to discuss, science, math , etc. I try to parlay their likes and interests into things I want to teach them. I don't get to watch virtually ANY television. I'm happy to be able to workout and watch football when it's football season. I feel guilty taking the time going to 10 games per year and doing chores/projects around the house because I know my little guy is sad he doesn't have me around.

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Bad parents let their kids play non stop video games.* But you are absolutely right, bad parenting is killing this country.* The breakdown of the family unit is a crisis.* Selfish parents who don't want to spend time with their kids or stay committed to keeping thier family together drive me nuts too.

[/quote]</P>

well I think it's too difficult to blame a specific generation....and i hate to say this, but I think it's when we somehow went all pussified and said it's not ok to spank your children.
    BEATING your children is one thing....but can't reprimand them? lol</P>[/quote]Very true on the spanking. They look to us to set their boundaries, we fail them when it's not re-inforced with FORCE. I made mistake with the first one....won't do that again.