Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]he was pissed we didn't throw Mo in the 8th inning LOLOL
    [/quote]</P>

thats the impression that im getting lol.
    I dont wanna go back in the box scores, cuz they load slow, but im prettysure Robertson was used in a mop-up role the game before, no reason to pitch every guy. i dont personally understand his stance, but whatever.
    I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]he was pissed we didn't throw Mo in the 8th inning LOLOL
    [/quote]</p>

I dont wanna go back in the box scores, cuz they load slow, but im prettysure Robertson was used in a mop-up role the game before, no reason to pitch every guy. i dont personally understand his stance, but whatever.
    I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</p>[/quote]

he was davening being that illogical.

I wouldn't expect anybody to worry about anything else other than themselves
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    he was davening being that illogical.

I wouldn't expect anybody to worry about anything else other than themselves
    [/quote]</P>

lol, i love when I make factual points, or use rational logic, and he writes it off as uninformed opinion =]</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</P>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</P>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</P>

The yanks got their just dessert.</P>

</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</p>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</p>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</p>

The yanks got their just dessert.</p>

</p>[/quote]

why we would throw Mo for a useless inning right before the playoffs is baffling...

stupid thought process by you

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</P>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</P>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

whatever helps you sleep at night.
    you are wrong, but im sure you just feel this way because youre unfortunately a bitter fan of a boston team.

I'll tell you why the Yankees didnt get past the 1st round in the playoffs. And it had nothing to do with a meaningless series against the Rays that conveniently eliminated the red sux....

It was starting pitching.
    The Yankees did not have the pitching to match up against the upper echelon the other teams did. We knew it all season, and our offense stopped carrying us, like we were sure it would have to.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

why we would throw Mo for a useless inning right before the playoffs is baffling...

[/quote]</P>

To win a game. Believe it or not, players care about that.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</p>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</p>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</p>

The yanks got their just dessert.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

To win a game. Believe it or not, players care about that.</p>[/quote]

you don't put miles on ur 39 year old reliver for a meaningless game since you've already clinched the playoffs. You will never win this battle

Closing time at the IBM branch! wooooo!!</P>

see ya fools later!</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

To win a game. Believe it or not, players care about that.</P>

[/quote]

you don't put miles on ur 39 year old reliver for a meaningless game since you've already clinched the playoffs. You will never win this battle
    [/quote]</P>

What was your view on the Giants going all out vs. the Pats in '07?</P>
    Get well soon 80.