Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]he was pissed we didn't throw Mo in the 8th inning LOLOL
    [/quote]</p>

thats the impression that im getting lol.
    I dont wanna go back in the box scores, cuz they load slow, but im prettysure Robertson was used in a mop-up role the game before, no reason to pitch every guy. i dont personally understand his stance, but whatever.
    I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</p>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</p>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</p>

The yanks got their just dessert.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

why we would throw Mo for a useless inning right before the playoffs is baffling...

stupid thought process by you
    [/quote]</p>

To win a game. Believe it or not, players care about that.</p>

[/quote]

you don't put miles on ur 39 year old reliver for a meaningless game since you've already clinched the playoffs. You will never win this battle
    [/quote]</p>

What was your view on the Giants going all out vs. the Pats in '07?</p>[/quote]

looking to stop something special...

and again, baseball and football are COMPLETELY different sports...

nobody gets DAYS OFF in football... to compare a BASEBALL GAME to a FOOTBALL GAME just makes your argument even weaker
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]he was pissed we didn't throw Mo in the 8th inning LOLOL
    [/quote]</P>

I dont wanna go back in the box scores, cuz they load slow, but im prettysure Robertson was used in a mop-up role the game before, no reason to pitch every guy. i dont personally understand his stance, but whatever.
    I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</P>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</P>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</P>

The yanks got their just dessert.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

why we would throw Mo for a useless inning right before the playoffs is baffling...

[/quote]</P>

To win a game. Believe it or not, players care about that.</P>

[/quote]

you don't put miles on ur 39 year old reliver for a meaningless game since you've already clinched the playoffs. You will never win this battle
    [/quote]</P>

What was your view on the Giants going all out vs. the Pats in '07?</P>

[/quote]

nobody gets DAYS OFF in football... to compare a BASEBALL GAME to a FOOTBALL GAME just makes your argument even weaker
    [/quote]</P>

The risk of losing a key player in football in infinately greater than any risk in throwing a revief pitcher out there for an inning. Soemthing he did 1000 times before.</P>

You are right, baseball and football ARE different. Football is far more risky.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</p>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</p>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</p>

</p>[/quote]so the greenbay packers "didnt play it straight" this year either?

Nothing wrong with resting your pen before the playoffs you madman. You wouldnt be saying this if Tito pulled the same move. I doubt you would have even noticed.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

I dont think he understands that just cuz it was important to HIM that we win (lol, rooting for the Yankees), it wasn't worth us using all our stud pitchers a day before the playoffs. I'll be honest....we're lucky we even HAD 11 pitchers to use lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

They did NOT use Robertson. I was in California at the time with a die hard Yankee fan. He said.."no way they don't pitch Mariano in the 9th".</P>

I'm just saying the Yankees didn't play it straight. We remember how proud we were when the Giants played it straight against the Pats in 2007. As we remember, the Giants had "nothing to play for". My view is that when the games have meaning in the standings, you have to play to win. And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.</P>

You can spin it any way you want, but it was a bad decision because they lost the next series. And I promise you if the players have any heart at all, they were pissed off for not playing to win that game.</P>

The yanks got their just dessert.</P>

</P>

[/quote]so the greenbay packers "didnt play it straight" this year either?

Nothing wrong with resting your pen before the playoffs you madman. You wouldnt be saying this if Tito pulled the same move. I doubt you would have even noticed.
    [/quote]</P>

No they didn't. And where did it get them? Same place as the Yankees and the Colts. Losing in their first playoff game/series.</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"] And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.[/quote]</P>

</P>

You couldnt be more wrong. The Colts went to the SB that year and lost to the Saints, who of course, had also rested their starters.</P>

"The Colts suffered their first loss to the New York Jets, 2915, a game in which Caldwell made the controversial decision to rest his starters after the team took a slim lead rather than keep them in to play for a chance at a 160 season. Indianapolis finished the season at 142 following a loss to the Buffalo Bills, in which they rested their starters with the stated purpose of having their team healthy for the playoffs. The Colts locked up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. They defeated the Baltimore Ravens by the score of 203 on January 16, 2010. The Colts defeated the New York Jets 3017 on January 24, 2010 in the 2009 AFC Championship Game."</P>

All-Pro

You're welcome, Yankees fans.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

To win a game. Believe it or not, players care about that.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

What was your view on the Giants going all out vs. the Pats in '07?</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

The risk of losing a key player in football in infinately greater than any risk in throwing a revief pitcher out there for an inning. Soemthing he did 1000 times before.</p>

You are right, baseball and football ARE different. Football is far more risky.</p>[/quote]

it doesn't matter, players get preserved ALL the time in baseball, its common practice

And one football game is worth more than one baseball game...

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="Morehead State"] And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.[/quote]</p>

</p>

You couldnt be more wrong. The Colts went to the SB that year and lost to the Saints, who of course, had also rested their starters.</p>

"The Colts suffered their first loss to the New York Jets, 2915, a game in which Caldwell made the controversial decision to rest his starters after the team took a slim lead rather than keep them in to play for a chance at a 160 season. Indianapolis finished the season at 142 following a loss to the Buffalo Bills, in which they rested their starters with the stated purpose of having their team healthy for the playoffs. The Colts locked up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. They defeated the Baltimore Ravens by the score of 203 on January 16, 2010. The Colts defeated the New York Jets 3017 on January 24, 2010 in the 2009 AFC Championship Game."</p>[/quote]

lol, i was going to say

[quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="Morehead State"] And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.[/quote]</P>

</P>

You couldnt be more wrong. The Colts went to the SB that year and lost to the Saints, who of course, had also rested their starters.</P>

"The Colts suffered their first loss to the New York Jets, 2915, a game in which Caldwell made the controversial decision to rest his starters after the team took a slim lead rather than keep them in to play for a chance at a 160 season. Indianapolis finished the season at 142 following a loss to the Buffalo Bills, in which they rested their starters with the stated purpose of having their team healthy for the playoffs. The Colts locked up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. They defeated the Baltimore Ravens by the score of 203 on January 16, 2010. The Colts defeated the New York Jets 3017 on January 24, 2010 in the 2009 AFC Championship Game."</P>

[/quote]</P>

I was referring to 2005 when they went 13-0 and stated openly that they would rest their players which is exactly what they did.</P>

They rested their players both weeks 16 and 17 and then got beat by the Steelers in their first playoff game.</P>

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lawl"]

[quote user="Morehead State"] And remember when the Colts folded up their tent when they had an undefeated season going, they got beat in the first game of the playoffs.[/quote]</p>

</p>

You couldnt be more wrong. The Colts went to the SB that year and lost to the Saints, who of course, had also rested their starters.</p>

"The Colts suffered their first loss to the New York Jets, 2915, a game in which Caldwell made the controversial decision to rest his starters after the team took a slim lead rather than keep them in to play for a chance at a 160 season. Indianapolis finished the season at 142 following a loss to the Buffalo Bills, in which they rested their starters with the stated purpose of having their team healthy for the playoffs. The Colts locked up home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. They defeated the Baltimore Ravens by the score of 203 on January 16, 2010. The Colts defeated the New York Jets 3017 on January 24, 2010 in the 2009 AFC Championship Game."</p>

[/quote]</p>

I was referring to 2005 when they went 13-0 and stated openly that they would rest their players which is exactly what they did.</p>

They rested their players both weeks 16 and 17 and then got beat by the Steelers in their first playoff game.</p>[/quote]

regardless of what u were referring to, they most recently did it and made the superbowl so ur point has been countered