Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

"I can't explain it....therefore....ALIENS"
    "Who killed Tupac?.......ALIENS"
    "I'm not saying it was aliens....but....it was ALIENS"
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lttaylor56"]I hear ya. I am more fearful of a manmade terrorist type of a germ."Be Prepared" boy scout motto. I have considered the implications of a nucleur hit on 3 mile island and my escape route and destination, etc. I assembled a "psuedo survival kit". I agree it is better to have thought these things thru in the even of a real emergency. The chances for survival are going to increase dramatically for those who have thought about this kind of thing.[/quote]

Is that closer to you than Indian Point?</P>

[/quote]That's what I meant, Indian Point. If there's no wind on the day that the reactor get's hit, we will have a little more time.[/quote]</P>

My boy Brese that you guys met works there. But I didn't tell you that =P
    Let's just say he carries guns....lots of guns....</P>

lmao</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

but in all seriousness Aliens must exist in my opinion, the sheer size of the universe makes it almost an impossibility for them not to.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]If it's true that Shockey snitched then I'll finally dislike him...for the first time.
    [/quote]whether it was Shockey or some bench warmer, I'm glad someone opened their mouth and did the right thing.</p>

*</p>

There is no place in professional sports for bounties and trying to injury key players for the opposing teams.* To me it shows the lack of integrity, lack of confidence in your teammates and coaches to beat the opposition fair and square, and*is the*a cowardly way to play the sport.</p>

*</p>

I have no problem with a hard hitting but clean game.* Injuries are part of the game, yes, but offering incentives to have a player knocked out or carted off are 100% wrong.</p>

*</p>

I'm glad the Saints, Payton, Vitt, Loomus, and Williams got the hammer dropped on them.* </p>[/quote]

i disagree... unless it lead to cheap and illegal hits...

if they are rewarding a saftey for knocking a receiver out on a crossing pattern with a legal hit - i have no issue with it.

[/quote]Matt there is a difference with good, hard, clean hits and bounty shots. I mean injuries are part of the game, yes. But when a D coordinator comes out and offers money to players to take out the likes of Warner, Newton, Favre and Rodgers---that is plain wrong. To me that is saying that Williams feels his defense is not good enough to win fair and square vs the opposing teams?

You cannot compare todays NFL and the NFL from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Goddell is all about players health and safety. I have heard of players on certain teams rewarding each other for a hard hit etc. But except for Buddy Ryan, I never heard of a coach promoting it and getting caught.

And tell me Matt, God forbid Eli, Nicks, or Cruz was injured due to those bounties. You and some of these other posters would want blood!

I guess you are ok with all of these players like Dave Duerson suffering from depression and committing suicide from all of the brain injuries suffered in their careers?

If that is the case, you can petition Goddell and his committee to reinstate Payton, Williams, Vitt and Loomus ASAP. Don't forget to ask for the Saints to get their 2 picks back and have their 500K given back to them.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

[quote user="DavenIII"]

but in all seriousness Aliens must exist in my opinion, the sheer size of the universe makes it almost an impossibility for them not to.
    [/quote]</P>

well sure when you use REAL logic! ****in Daven, man.....lol
    i like my explaination better lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]</P>

i like my explaination better lol</P>[/quote]Anything is possible, but I'm not believing that Aliens exist here on earth. Maybe, maybe it's slightly possible that life exists elsewhere in our universe, but for them to be an advanced society that has space vessels that could bring them to our country and then they just start living here like they were born here?

Some of my favorite tweets in the Post today on Teebow:

"I give Teebow about three games with the Jets before he stops believing in god"

"In order for the bronco's to win a sb, they had to sacrifice a virgin"

All-Pro

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]</p>

i like my explaination better lol</p>[/quote]Anything is possible, but I'm not believing that Aliens exist here on earth. Maybe, maybe it's slightly possible that life exists elsewhere in our universe, but for them to be an advanced society that has space vessels that could bring them to our country and then they just start living here like they were born here?[/quote]

I don't think there are aliens here on earth, but mathematically it's almost impossible for Aliens not to exist in the universe...I mean when you consider there are hundreds of billions of galaxys like the milky way out there, and just in our own galaxy there are billions of solar systems like ours it's kind of hard to imagine there isn't another planet out there that supports some type of life, like I said it's nearly a mathematical impossibility for them not to.

[quote user="tonyt830"]Matt there is a difference with good, hard, clean hits and bounty shots. I mean injuries are part of the game, yes. But when a D coordinator comes out and offers money to players to take out the likes of Warner, Newton, Favre and Rodgers---that is plain wrong. To me that is saying that Williams feels his defense is not good enough to win fair and square vs the opposing teams? You cannot compare todays NFL and the NFL from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Goddell is all about players health and safety. I have heard of players on certain teams rewarding each other for a hard hit etc. But except for Buddy Ryan, I never heard of a coach promoting it and getting caught. And tell me Matt, God forbid Eli, Nicks, or Cruz was injured due to those bounties. You and some of these other posters would want blood! I guess you are ok with all of these players like Dave Duerson suffering from depression and committing suicide from all of the brain injuries suffered in their careers? If that is the case, you can petition Goddell and his committee to reinstate Payton, Williams, Vitt and Loomus ASAP. Don't forget to ask for the Saints to get their 2 picks back and have their 500K given back to them.[/quote]</P>

If they had not gone with such a safety first attitude with all the rules changes these past few handfuls of years, you woudnt even care, so dont preach to us.
    The game where we played the Saints this year, Kenny Phillips nearly broke Jimmy Graham in half.
    A quarterEARLIER, Nickstook a PUNISHING hit from Abdul-Quddus while trying to haul in a pass, BOTH flagged....BOTH illegal hits.
    It happens. It's hard to say "we want blood" when we already saw the other side of it20 minuteslater.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/saints...-illegal-hits/

NOW, here's the difference. KP knew it was illegal, and showed a little bit of remorse,immediately. The saints just didnt give a ****. But whatever, that's how it went down. We got our payback in the game, and we werent even IN the game....we were losing...

</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]</p>

i like my explaination better lol</p>[/quote]Anything is possible, but I'm not believing that Aliens exist here on earth. Maybe, maybe it's slightly possible that life exists elsewhere in our universe, but for them to be an advanced society that has space vessels that could bring them to our country and then they just start living here like they were born here?[/quote]

I don't think their are aliens here on earth, but mathematically it's almost impossible for Aliens not to exist in the universe...I mean when you consider there are hundreds of billions of galaxys like the milky way out there, and just in our own galaxy there are billions of solar systems like ours it's kind of hard to imagine there isn't another planet out there that supports some type of life, like I said it's nearly a mathematical impossibility for them not to.
    [/quote]I think I read once that for every grain of sand on Earth, theres over billion stars.
    Earth is very young compared to the rest of the universe let alone our own galaxy. If a civilization is just 10000 years older than us, whos to say they havnt mastered intergalactic travel. Look at what we accomplished in the last 60- 70 years.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!