Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The people I know who tend to be more religious are usually more selfless, kind, giving and thoughtful. Generally they will do anything for you and ask nothing in return.</P>

They tend to be strong, honest and principled. they tend to be the kind of people you can lean on when you have troubles.</P>

They tend to have much stronger relationships and tend to raise kids who are respectful as well.</P>

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</P>

</P>

[/quote]

So, youre religious??</P>

[/quote]</P>

You guys all watch way too much TV. 99% of "religious people" are not religious "nuts".</P>

They are just good people who have faith.</P>

[/quote]

no you just apparently have no experience with anything outside of your area of life. I can tell by some of the things you say about your politics as well. Your argument about health insuranc ewas "Everybody I know likes their insurance" and then you totally discounted Lando's health insurance issue and the **** thats going out by him just because by you its not a problem
    [/quote]</P>

You have no idea what you;re talking about. I grew up a Democrat. I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980, Walter Mondale in 84, Mike Dukkakis in 88, and Bill Clinton in 92 and 96. I lived a life and was open to learning new things and having new experiences. What I learned is that the Federal Government can't cure all the ills of society. Only we (the American people) can. This comes from getting the **** kicked out of me for years and years.</P>

My evolution comes from a million factors including freindships and other relationships from people of many different life styles. So I'm a small government conservative. because I believe <U>WE</U> need to take control of our lives and not defer power to a centralized government.</P>

</P>

My views on healthcare are that competition brings out the best in people and other oganizations. A good example is the car insurance issue in Mass. For years auto insurance was regulated by the state. the rates were set by the state of Mass. In Conn., where they were not regulated, they were half of what they were in Mass. When we had deregulation finally in Mass. , insurance companies competed and rates literally dropped in half here as well. I've lived in both states.</P>

It has nothing to do with caring about people. it has to do with what works best and how that benefits people. If insurance companies could compete on an even playing field in Utah, Lando's insurance availabilty and quality would improve tremendously. Unfortunately, the government has rigged the game and prevented that.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]As a straight dude (jokes later) that grew up in ball breaking jersey and who CONSTANTLY uses the term *** and homo (in a non sexual way), it annoys the piss out of me when I come across people against gay marriage. People manipulate what religion is suppose to mean too much.
    [/quote]</P>

yea, this is one of the issues that im referring to.</P>

People's interpretation of their relgion turns them into hateful people.
    Intolerant people. I thought god loves all the people?? lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The people I know who tend to be more religious are usually more selfless, kind, giving and thoughtful. Generally they will do anything for you and ask nothing in return.</P>

They tend to be strong, honest and principled. they tend to be the kind of people you can lean on when you have troubles.</P>

They tend to have much stronger relationships and tend to raise kids who are respectful as well.</P>

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</P>

[/quote]

Pappy, i've come to one conclusion about you. You really don't get out of ur comfort area much.

Im not saying it doesn't exist, but i can say I know more people who aren't like that that "put god first"
    [/quote]</P>

I have no idea what this means. What are you saying?</P>

[/quote]

like it seems your life right now is in a really good place but not to be insulting but it just seems like you don't have much experience with really different walks of life. Its one thing I was kind of lucky wtih in dealing with others was that i've gone to school with the ghetto and i've gone to school with the rich while living in what would of been considered a middle class town my whole life. And its not to be insulting, but you should put that comment on the same shelf as "i watch too much TV" to form my opinion of why I hate religion.

Religion makes people too many people think they are on pedestals to the other people or they use religion as an enabler to live their life a certain way - and I can't stand it.

[/quote]</P>

Good place? I'm practically unemployed due to the great "Obama recovery" Ive had many accounts go under in the past year and a half. I'm 53 and I'm faced with starting over.</P>

Yeah....I'm in a great ****ing place.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]As a straight dude (jokes later) that grew up in ball breaking jersey and who CONSTANTLY uses the term *** and homo (in a non sexual way), it annoys the piss out of me when I come across people against gay marriage. People manipulate what religion is suppose to mean too much.
    [/quote]</p>

yea, this is one of the issues that im referring to.</p>

People's interpretation of their relgion turns them into hateful people.
    Intolerant people. I thought god loves all the people?? lol</p>[/quote]

oh god thats another thing

how bout when people quote whats in the bible lol

thats THE WORST. The same book that says god loves all people is the same book that condones slavery...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The people I know who tend to be more religious are usually more selfless, kind, giving and thoughtful. Generally they will do anything for you and ask nothing in return.</p>

They tend to be strong, honest and principled. they tend to be the kind of people you can lean on when you have troubles.</p>

They tend to have much stronger relationships and tend to raise kids who are respectful as well.</p>

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</p>

[/quote]

Pappy, i've come to one conclusion about you. You really don't get out of ur comfort area much.

Im not saying it doesn't exist, but i can say I know more people who aren't like that that "put god first"
    [/quote]</p>

I have no idea what this means. What are you saying?</p>

[/quote]

like it seems your life right now is in a really good place but not to be insulting but it just seems like you don't have much experience with really different walks of life. Its one thing I was kind of lucky wtih in dealing with others was that i've gone to school with the ghetto and i've gone to school with the rich while living in what would of been considered a middle class town my whole life. And its not to be insulting, but you should put that comment on the same shelf as "i watch too much TV" to form my opinion of why I hate religion.

Religion makes people too many people think they are on pedestals to the other people or they use religion as an enabler to live their life a certain way - and I can't stand it.

[/quote]</p>

Good place? I'm practically unemployed due to the great "Obama recovery" Ive had many accounts go under in the past year and a half. I'm 53 and I'm faced with starting over.</p>

Yeah....I'm in a great ****ing place.</p>[/quote]

no i meant your surroundings... and stop with blaming Obama. Honestly the damage was done long before, no matter who it was coming in there was never a quick fix but things are going in the right direction. What takes longer to do, building something or breaking it?

Like thats the one stance politically i can't stand. If this was a republican in office rigth now with the SAME progression Obama has all we would be hearing is "Rome wasn't built in a day"

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The people I know who tend to be more religious are usually more selfless, kind, giving and thoughtful. Generally they will do anything for you and ask nothing in return.</p>

They tend to be strong, honest and principled. they tend to be the kind of people you can lean on when you have troubles.</p>

They tend to have much stronger relationships and tend to raise kids who are respectful as well.</p>

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</p>

</p>

[/quote]

So, youre religious??</p>

[/quote]</p>

You guys all watch way too much TV. 99% of "religious people" are not religious "nuts".</p>

They are just good people who have faith.</p>

[/quote]

no you just apparently have no experience with anything outside of your area of life. I can tell by some of the things you say about your politics as well. Your argument about health insuranc ewas "Everybody I know likes their insurance" and then you totally discounted Lando's health insurance issue and the **** thats going out by him just because by you its not a problem
    [/quote]</p>

You have no idea what you;re talking about. I grew up a Democrat. I voted for Jimmy Carter in 1980, Walter Mondale in 84, Mike Dukkakis in 88, and Bill Clinton in 92 and 96. I lived a life and was open to learning new things and having new experiences. What I learned is that the Federal Government can't cure all the ills of society. Only we (the American people) can. This comes from getting the **** kicked out of me for years and years.</p>

My evolution comes from a million factors including freindships and other relationships from people of many different life styles. So I'm a small government conservative. because I believe <u>WE</u> need to take control of our lives and not defer power to a centralized government.</p>

</p>

My views on healthcare are that competition brings out the best in people and other oganizations. A good example is the car insurance issue in Mass. For years auto insurance was regulated by the state. the rates were set by the state of Mass. In Conn., where they were not regulated, they were half of what they were in Mass. When we had deregulation finally in Mass. , insurance companies competed and rates literally dropped in half here as well. I've lived in both states.</p>

It has nothing to do with caring about people. it has to do with what works best and how that benefits people. If insurance companies could compete on an even playing field in Utah, Lando's insurance availabilty and quality would improve tremendously. Unfortunately, the government has rigged the game and prevented that.</p>[/quote]

my point didn't come out clear i guess...

and how did the government rig that game? It appears to me that companies don't want the burden of taking on too much money in THAT STATE and they push the cost of it onto the employee

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]</P>

i like your sig! who said that?</P>

[/quote]Did they change the person who hires for Putnam County branches. There has been a severe dropoff in talent. It's almost gone the opposite direction...not good.[/quote]</P>

hahaha, idk man....i havent been there in about a year lol.
    I couldnt even tell you who works there!</P>[/quote]You would notice very quickly if you did go there.

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</P>[/quote]

[/quote] While I'mnota church goer and there are many thingsabout faith I struggle with...I can read the ten conmandments and think what better words are there to live by...So I do my best to live by them...there are hypocrites of all sorts in this life religous and not ....For the most part I don'tgo places that make me uncomforable hang with people I don't like or watch **** that upsets me... Rememberif there is a heaven its what you do in the here and now that will get you there when. If nothing else try and earn yourself a cooler full ice and beer cause you ain't having none of mine ..see ya hell boys !

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</p>[/quote]

[/quote] While I'mnota church goer and there are many thingsabout faith I struggle with...I can read the ten conmandments and think what better words are there to live by...So I do my best to live by them...there are hypocrites of all sorts in this life religous and not ....For the most part I don'tgo places that make me uncomforable hang with people I don't like or watch **** that upsets me... Rememberif there is a heaven its what you do in the here and now that will get you there when. If nothing else try and earn yourself a cooler full ice and beer cause you ain't having none of mine ..see ya hell boys ! [/quote]

hahahaha

well some of the commandments i actually disagree with. I say steal from Walmart - **** em hahahaha

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Yeah.....they're all *******s.</p>[/quote]

[/quote] While I'mnota church goer and there are many thingsabout faith I struggle with...I can read the ten conmandments and think what better words are there to live by...So I do my best to live by them...there are hypocrites of all sorts in this life religous and not ....For the most part I don'tgo places that make me uncomforable hang with people I don't like or watch **** that upsets me... Rememberif there is a heaven its what you do in the here and now that will get you there when. If nothing else try and earn yourself a cooler full ice and beer cause you ain't having none of mine ..see ya hell boys ! [/quote]
    and even the commandments could relaly be summed up with the golden rule:

Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

I disagree with taking gods name in vain, cuz i habitually say JESUS CHRIST!

Do not have false idols: i think having a positive living role model is a good thing.

and I keep the Sabbath for Giants football and curing hangovers