Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Hey Morehead, I saw Kill the Irishman last night(it was ok, very typical mob movie), it was about the mob war in Cleveland during the mid -late 70's. Just wondering if you were living in Cleveland when all those car bombings were going off?

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ht-sources-say</P>

Dear Joba,

Nobody gives a **** about you anymore.
    We haven't since April 2009.
    You don't need to explain yourself or your injury, because we don't care....</P>

From,
    Yankee Fans everywhere.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Dear Yankee Fans,</P>

If the organization hadn't ****ed me up by trying to use me as a starter, instead of a reliever, which is what I was meant to be, I would be a great pitcher today. In other words, if they had just listened to Morehead, things would be a lot better.</P>

BTW.....this letter from you fans just confirms that you are all essentially crappy, spoiled fans, who don't know **** about baseball.</P>

</P>

Yours Truly,</P>

</P>

Joba</P>

[/quote]</P>

I never wanted Joba as a starter. I wanted Hughes.
    Your point is invalid here.
    Lawyered.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"]So where does everybody stand on the MLB choices J-Reese named the other day??

He specifically mentioned Greg Jones, Herzlich, and even the possibility of Boley switching to MIKE LB.

Personally I wouldnt mind Boley at MIKE and JQ at WILL or even Herzlich at MIKE, Herz was a half of a step slow but he still has a GREAT football IQ, he was constantly around the play and the ball, he just needed to get up to speed.... Then he got injured, LOL
    [/quote]Love the idea of Boley at mlb. He is a straight up steam roller.

[quote user="dezzzR"]Hey Morehead, I saw Kill the Irishman last night(it was ok, very typical mob movie), it was about the mob war in Cleveland during the mid -late 70's. Just wondering if you were living in Cleveland when all those car bombings were going off?
    [/quote]</P>

Moved on August 25th, 1966 to Madison, CT. Just before my 8th birthday. So no I wasn't.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"]Hey Morehead, I saw Kill the Irishman last night(it was ok, very typical mob movie), it was about the mob war in Cleveland during the mid -late 70's. Just wondering if you were living in Cleveland when all those car bombings were going off?
    [/quote]As an Irishman and big fan of Organized Crime Drama's, I LOVE that movie

Union Leader: We have a contract and you're going to honor it or I'm going to lock out your union. Is that clear ya ****in' potato eater?

Danny Greene: Potato eater? Seeing as how the potato was the only source of nutrition
    in Ireland for 300 years and half the population including my ancestors
    died in the great famine, I'd say that term is insensitive. Speaking of
    culinary tastes, Mr. MacLeish, you're Scottish aren't you? Let's talk
    about Haggis. Haggis is seasoned lard stuffed into a sheep's colon. So I
    may be a potato eater Mr. MacLeish but I don't eat fat out of a sheep's
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"]So where does everybody stand on the MLB choices J-Reese named the other day??

He specifically mentioned Greg Jones, Herzlich, and even the possibility of Boley switching to MIKE LB.

Personally I wouldnt mind Boley at MIKE and JQ at WILL or even Herzlich at MIKE, Herz was a half of a step slow but he still has a GREAT football IQ, he was constantly around the play and the ball, he just needed to get up to speed.... Then he got injured, LOL
    [/quote]Love the idea of Boley at mlb. He is a straight up steam roller.[/quote]I love the idea of Boleys speed and coverage skills in the middle but the only thing I dont like is the idea of him taking of guards and FBs, Im not sure he's got the thickness to take on some of those bowling balls head on
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...ht-sources-say</P>

Dear Joba,

Nobody gives a **** about you anymore.
    We haven't since April 2009.
    You don't need to explain yourself or your injury, because we don't care....</P>

From,
    Yankee Fans everywhere.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Dear Yankee Fans,</P>

If the organization hadn't ****ed me up by trying to use me as a starter, instead of a reliever, which is what I was meant to be, I would be a great pitcher today. In other words, if they had just listened to Morehead, things would be a lot better.</P>

BTW.....this letter from you fans just confirms that you are all essentially crappy, spoiled fans, who don't know **** about baseball.</P>

</P>

Yours Truly,</P>

</P>

Joba</P>

[/quote]</P>

I never wanted Joba as a starter. I wanted Hughes.
    Your point is invalid here.
    Lawyered.</P>

[/quote]</P>

It was an epic battle between me and Matt. Jersey Giant was also on Matt's side. I actually started a thread called..."Joba....big mistake", right after they announced that Joba would move to the starting rotation.</P>

Matt was insistent that the move wouldn't be bad for Joba at all. My view as a Sox fan was that they were doing us a huge favor by taking a natural relief pitcher (I don't know if I've ever seen a pitcher with so much natural attitude to be a closer since the Mad Hungarian), and turning him into a starter.</P>

The Sox saw the attitude of one of their young starters several years ago and decided that he was much more suited for the bullpen. That was Jonathan Papelbon. The fact that you hate Papelbon prooves it. The Sox were smart to do so. The Yanks were trying to fit a square peg into a round hole since they needed starters at the time. And they ruined a kids career.</P>

Trust me, Joba would have been a hated rival as a Yankee revief pitcher. But the Yankees are stupid. Or at least they were then.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"]So where does everybody stand on the MLB choices J-Reese named the other day??

[/quote]Love the idea of Boley at mlb. He is a straight up steam roller.[/quote]I love the idea of Boleys speed and coverage skills in the middle but the only thing I dont like is the idea of him taking of guards and FBs, Im not sure he's got the thickness to take on some of those bowling balls head on
    [/quote]</P>

I think I like the idea of Boley at MLB. He's the most experienced at LB, and has the speed and coverage like you said. </P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]Hey Morehead, I saw Kill the Irishman last night(it was ok, very typical mob movie), it was about the mob war in Cleveland during the mid -late 70's. Just wondering if you were living in Cleveland when all those car bombings were going off?
    [/quote]As an Irishman and big fan of Organized Crime Drama's, I LOVE that movie

Union Leader: We have a contract and you're going to honor it or I'm going to lock out your union. Is that clear ya ****in' potato eater?

Danny Greene: Potato eater? Seeing as how the potato was the only source of nutrition in Ireland for 300 years and half the population including my ancestors died in the great famine, I'd say that term is insensitive. Speaking of culinary tastes, Mr. MacLeish, you're Scottish aren't you? Let's talk about Haggis. Haggis is seasoned lard stuffed into a sheep's colon. So I may be a potato eater Mr. MacLeish but I don't eat fat out of a sheep's *******[/quote]</P>

I saw it. I thought it was good. Wasn't TAHT good though lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Kase-1"]So where does everybody stand on the MLB choices J-Reese named the other day??

[/quote]</P>

I think I like the idea of Boley at MLB. He's the most experienced at LB, and has the speed and coverage like you said. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Don't know if he's stout enough to shed blocks from centers and guards to stuff the run.</P>
    Get well soon 80.