Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

arghhhhhh-I guess it would be silly of me to as if Rex can just shut up!

Tim Tebow addition excites NY Jets head coach Rex Ryan who warns NFL defenses 'you better be prepared'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1qKcCC1sL

Yankee fans:

What's your choice for the rotation this year after CheeseburgerCheeseburger Sabathia?

CC
    Pineda
    Kuroda
    Nova
    Hughes---- to start the season

Garcia odd man out. I like him, but he's smoke and mirrors that guy...jack of all trades, master of none.

If Pettitte comes in dealing (which we don't really know yet), that's where the real challenge comes. I'd hate to see Hughes in the bullpen when he's coming into the spring alot better. It might not hurt to preserve the arm a little, but...I feel like it could be a mistake to do that when it comes down to it.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]Yankee fans:

What's your choice for the rotation this year after CheeseburgerCheeseburger Sabathia?

CC
    Pineda
    Kuroda
    Nova

Garcia odd man out. I like him, but he's smoke and mirrors that guy...jack of all trades, master of none.

If Pettitte comes in dealing (which we don't really know yet), that's where the real challenge comes. I'd hate to see Hughes in the bullpen when he's coming into the spring alot better. It might not hurt to preserve the arm a little, but...I feel like it could be a mistake to do that when it comes down to it.[/quote]Ugh, I cant believe Im talking baseball, damn this MB is slow!!!

I think we need to think about the future and decide who's gonna take over for Mo, I dont like how he keeps flirting with retirement

Rotation:CC, Kordova, Nova, Hughes

Send Garcia to the bullpen and ease Pineda with a few bullpen reps and see from there, dude is still way young

...DAMN YOU JOBA
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

CC
    Pineda
    Kuroda
    Nova

If Pettitte comes in dealing (which we don't really know yet), that's where the real challenge comes. I'd hate to see Hughes in the bullpen when he's coming into the spring alot better. It might not hurt to preserve the arm a little, but...I feel like it could be a mistake to do that when it comes down to it.[/quote]</P>

I don't want Pineda as our #2. </P>

I would even put Nova as our #2. Pineda is someone I have kept an eye on this spring. I wasen't worried when they said his fastball was not topping 92. I feel the Yankees are working with him slowly to preserve his arm. Last season was a clear indicator that after the all star break his arm was dead. </P>

I am curious how Pettitte will do, he says he is in shape; but obviously not baseball shape. But Andy is a vet, he will be fine this season. </P>

All in all I like our pitching staff, we have alot of depth. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

[quote user="ny06"]

CC
    Pineda
    Kuroda
    Nova

If Pettitte comes in dealing (which we don't really know yet), that's where the real challenge comes. I'd hate to see Hughes in the bullpen when he's coming into the spring alot better. It might not hurt to preserve the arm a little, but...I feel like it could be a mistake to do that when it comes down to it.[/quote]</p>

I don't want Pineda as our #2. </p>

I would even put Nova as our #2. Pineda is someone I have kept an eye on this spring. I wasen't worried when they said his fastball was not topping 92. I feel the Yankees are working with him slowly to preserve his arm. Last season was a clear indicator that after the all star break his arm was dead. </p>

I am curious how Pettitte will do, <font size="5">he says he is in shape; but obviously not baseball shape.</font> But Andy is a vet, he will be fine this season. </p>

All in all I like our pitching staff, we have alot of depth. </p>[/quote]LOL, thats like 'bowling shape' do we not remember the David Wells days where he was sweating out all his booze on the mound with a half open shirt. If you're a pitcher you can be a fat drunk bastage as long as you can throw hard and accurately
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="dezzzR"]Hey Morehead, I saw Kill the Irishman last night(it was ok, very typical mob movie), it was about the mob war in Cleveland during the mid -late 70's. Just wondering if you were living in Cleveland when all those car bombings were going off?
    [/quote]As an Irishman and big fan of Organized Crime Drama's, I LOVE that movie

Union Leader: We have a contract and you're going to honor it or I'm going to lock out your union. Is that clear ya ****in' potato eater?

Danny Greene: Potato eater? Seeing as how the potato was the only source of nutrition in Ireland for 300 years and half the population including my ancestors died in the great famine, I'd say that term is insensitive. Speaking of culinary tastes, Mr. MacLeish, you're Scottish aren't you? Let's talk about Haggis. Haggis is seasoned lard stuffed into a sheep's colon. So I may be a potato eater Mr. MacLeish but I don't eat fat out of a sheep's *******[/quote]</p>

I saw it. I thought it was good. Wasn't TAHT good though lol</p>[/quote]Not many Irish Mob movies out there, and I def thought that was one of the best ones yet.

I wonder if they'll ever make a story about J<u>immy Coonan, Micky Featherstone, and The Westies</u> who were making NYC a very 'lively' place in the 70s and 80s
    [/quote]yea it was good. i liked when the Italians wanted 30%. lol

I read the book. Great read. Some excellent crime scene pictures too. "State of Grace" was a spin off movie of the real Westies, that was good. But Millers Crossing is the best.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAnD9P4ummA

[quote user="ny06"]

CC
    Pineda
    Kuroda
    Nova

If Pettitte comes in dealing (which we don't really know yet), that's where the real challenge comes. I'd hate to see Hughes in the bullpen when he's coming into the spring alot better. It might not hurt to preserve the arm a little, but...I feel like it could be a mistake to do that when it comes down to it.[/quote]</P>

I don't want Pineda as our #2. </P>

I would even put Nova as our #2. Pineda is someone I have kept an eye on this spring. I wasen't worried when they said his fastball was not topping 92. I feel the Yankees are working with him slowly to preserve his arm. Last season was a clear indicator that after the all star break his arm was dead. </P>

I am curious how Pettitte will do, he says he is in shape; but obviously not baseball shape. But Andy is a vet, he will be fine this season. </P>

All in all I like our pitching staff, we have alot of depth. </P>[/quote]

AHHH see i thought that about Pineda also....but then I started reading about how they had him taking it easy. It's HIS claim that he hasn't really unloaded yet in terms of velocity. I'm not worried about it.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

This is cool.

Sorry you have to copy/paste the link.

James Cameron completes solo dive of the Mariana Trench
    by Kraig Becker (RSS feed) on Mar 27th 2012 at 8:00AM

A couple of weeks ago we told you about James Cameron's plans to dive the Mariana Trench, a massive canyon in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that marks the deepest point on our planet. This past weekend Cameron saw those plans come to fruition when he crawled inside his specially built submersible dubbed the DeepSea Challenger and piloted the vehicle nearly seven miles beneath the surface. Once there, he not only set a record for the deepest solo dive in history, but he also became the first person to catch a real glimpse of the murkiest depths of the ocean floor.

Link:

http://www.gadling.com/2012/03/27/ja...6pLid%3D146877

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

CC
    Pineda
    Kuroda
    Nova

If Pettitte comes in dealing (which we don't really know yet), that's where the real challenge comes. I'd hate to see Hughes in the bullpen when he's coming into the spring alot better. It might not hurt to preserve the arm a little, but...I feel like it could be a mistake to do that when it comes down to it.[/quote]</p>

I don't want Pineda as our #2. </p>

I would even put Nova as our #2. Pineda is someone I have kept an eye on this spring. I wasen't worried when they said his fastball was not topping 92. I feel the Yankees are working with him slowly to preserve his arm. Last season was a clear indicator that after the all star break his arm was dead. </p>

I am curious how Pettitte will do, he says he is in shape; but obviously not baseball shape. But Andy is a vet, he will be fine this season. </p>

All in all I like our pitching staff, we have alot of depth. </p>[/quote]

AHHH see i thought that about Pineda also....but then I started reading about how they had him taking it easy. It's HIS claim that he hasn't really unloaded yet in terms of velocity. I'm not worried about it.[/quote]Since last year with Phil, I get worried when it comes to velocity. But I herd Cashman say Pinedas slider looks great so thats good. But Hughes, my man, hes still toping out at 92.

LT can't take it anymore...and I'm not one to bore easily.