Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

did you New Yorkers buy your Mega Millions tickets??

$500 Millllllllllion!!</P>

i bought a bunch of quick picks last night. where deez numbers at?!?!</P>

If I win....THEE Game is on me every year =P</P>

[/quote]</P>

You can't win unless you don't play.</P>

Sucker!!!</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

did you New Yorkers buy your Mega Millions tickets??

$500 Millllllllllion!!</P>

i bought a bunch of quick picks last night. where deez numbers at?!?!</P>

If I win....THEE Game is on me every year =P</P>

[/quote]</P>

You can't win unless you don't play.</P>

Sucker!!!</P>

[/quote]</P>

ohh....right...................................... ..........................</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

Listening to the Obamacare vs the Supreme Court on CSPAN atm.

Paul Clement just got rocked...and the crowd laughed at him

the Individual Mandate seems like it's going to be dropped, but they are going to leave the rest, which sucks because without the mandate the entire thing falls apart...but the court doesn't want to get involved in that....I don't really know whats going on....

[quote user="DavenIII"]Listening to the Obamacare vs the Supreme Court on CSPAN atm.

the Individual Mandate seems like it's going to be dropped, but they are going to leave the rest, which sucks because without the mandate the entire thing falls apart...but the court doesn't want to get involved in that....I don't really know whats going on....
    [/quote]</P>

I dont understand the wording you used. What do you mean the individual mandate will be dropped but 'the rest' will be left?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]Listening to the Obamacare vs the Supreme Court on CSPAN atm.

[/quote]</p>

I dont understand the wording you used. What do you mean the individual mandate will be dropped but 'the rest' will be left?</p>[/quote]

The individual mandate is part of the bill (which is over 2700 pages) the Individual Mandate forces everyone to buy Health Insurance or pay a penalty.

It's not supposed to be the governments job to tell people what they have to buy....but because of the Commerce Clause the Obama administration is saying that its ok for them to tell everyone they have to have it.

simplified Obama's administration is saying..."look everyone is going to have to use Health Care at some point so it's unfair for them not to pay for it and throw it on everyone else when they eventually will need it"

that makes some amount of sense, but it's a slippery slope...the government can tell you, you have to have health insurance because they don't trust you to pay your bills if you don't get it...

to me it's not much different then the government telling you you "have" to buy a certain amount of broccoli each year because it's "good for you" and if you don't you are likely going to not be as healthy and thus cost other people more money....so you get fined for not buying broccoli (this was an actual argument a supreme court justice made)

the problem is (in my opinion) many of the other things Obama care does/promises to do, hinges on the assumption that EVERYONE will be in health care or pay a penalty...if they take that out the bill can't afford to do the things it plans to do.....but the court doesn't seem to want to get involved with that....it seems to just want to say that it IS infact unconstitutional to force people to buy health care if they don't want it...but then wipe their hands of the whole thing.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

I dont understand the wording you used. What do you mean the individual mandate will be dropped but 'the rest' will be left?</P>

[/quote]

The individual mandate is part of the bill (which is over 2700 pages) the Individual Mandate forces everyone to buy Health Insurance or pay a penalty.

It's not supposed to be the governments job to tell people what they have to buy....but because of the Commerce Clause the Obama administration is saying that its ok for them to tell everyone they have to have it.

simplified Obama's administration is saying..."look everyone is going to have to use Health Care at some point so it's unfair for them not to pay for it and throw it on everyone else when they eventually will need it"

that makes some amount of sense, but it's a slippery slope...the government can tell you, you have to have health insurance because they don't trust you to pay your bills if you don't get it...

to me it's not much different then the government telling you you "have" to buy a certain amount of broccoli each year because it's "good for you" and if you don't you are likely going to not be as healthy and thus cost other people more money....so you get fined for not buying broccoli (this was an actual argument a supreme court justice made)

the problem is (in my opinion) many of the other things Obama care does/promises to do, hinges on the assumption that EVERYONE will be in health care or pay a penalty...if they take that out the bill can't afford to do the things it plans to do.....but the court doesn't seem to want to get involved with that....it seems to just want to say that it IS infact unconstitutional to force people to buy health care if they don't want it...but then wipe their hands of the whole thing.
    [/quote]</P>

Understood.
    Yea, it's ridiculous to make it a requirement. Do i went to pay for other people's coverage? no....
    but those ppl have to make the choice if they even care. lol

The unconstitutional debate is dodgy, but to an extent it's correct. However if you want to look at it that way, we're forced to pay taxes we don't want to. lol i know taxes =/= health care....but you get my point.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]The unconstitutional debate is dodgy, but to an extent it's correct. However if you want to look at it that way, we're forced to pay taxes we don't want to. lol i know taxes =/= health care....but you get my point.[/quote]

you pay taxes on income..you pay taxes on things you use, you use roads you are protected by police and firemen the food you eat is FDA approved etc etc.....

you don't necessarily have to use health care ever, you could by all rights not buy insurance and if something happens pay for it yourself, people do this, there is nothing to say (yet) that you can't pay your own doctor bills out of your own money.

simplified the government want you to force you to buy a "product" or be fined for not buying it, that's not something that's happened before, and it seems to be unconstitutional.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Don't be fooled by the nature of the questions Daven. especially from Justice Kennedy. I would tend to believe that in the end the court (by 5-4 or 6-3) will UPHOLD the individual mandate.</P>

I think they will be very reluctant to overturn an act of Congress. I would think the basis is that since the Congress has the power to regulate commerce under the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution, they will decide that all Americans are, by definition participants in the commerce of Healthcare. therefore the Congess has the power to compell US citizens to purchase insurance.</P>

I believe that the individual mandate is <U>unconstitutional,</U> but I believe the court will uphold it.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Don't be fooled by the nature of the questions Daven. especially from Justice Kennedy. I would tend to believe that in the end the court (by 5-4 or 6-3) will UPHOLD the individual mandate.</p>

I think they will be very reluctant to overturn an act of Congress. I would think the basis is that since the Congress has the power to regulate commerce under the Commerce Clause of the US Constitution, they will decide that all Americans are, by definition participants in the commerce of Healthcare. therefore the Congess has the power to compell US citizens to purchase insurance.</p>

I believe that the individual mandate is <u>unconstitutional,</u> but I believe the court will uphold it.</p>[/quote]

But how can they say that all Americans are "by definition" participants of Health care "Insurance" it's entirely possible to not have Health Care "Insurance" but still pay for your own Health Care.

Health care insurance and health care are separate things.

I sincerely hope that at least the individual mandate is over turned because to me it seems obvious that our government should not have the ability to force it's citizens to pay for a product that they don't particular want or need.

Uh oh Morehead and Daven are discussing politics....

This is what I see

'I hate liberals'
    "No I hate liberals"
    'Lets run away to Vermont and get married'
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers