Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

JP and Dav both said same thing...First buy a house. I have to agree--even though some may contest the move, stating that you are losing the mortgage interest write-off. I'm fine with only writing off the taxes and owing that baby outright. That home's your security and ace in the hole if there is a future disaster and you need to leverage a mortgage against it in an emergency...which there should never be with a boatload of the winnings invested, but still nice to know.

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Reminds me of the song: "I wanna be a millionare so ****ing bad" Say you took the lump sum @ 240 mil-I could get you @14 mil a year in interest easily, virtually guaranteed for the rest of your life. Dream Baby, Dream.[/quote]</P>

Do you know that more than half of the big lottory winners end up bankrupt?</P>

Its a friggin scam where our State governments prey on the normal human weaknesses of its citizens.</P>

Its disgusting.</P>

[/quote]</P>

are you blaming a government money maker for people being stupid? i dont get it....

Are those people ending up bankrupt because of poor decisions? most likely.

Now, if by human weakness you mean ppl who are compulsive gamblers, and play lottery every with decent amounts of money....then yes i absolutely agree.

wow, i feel like every post i have made today has to defend normal people vs. stupid people.
    is this really what it has come to??? lol</P>

[/quote]You do have good points today JP. A bit more aggressive than normal, but good points. MH, I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he owed more than 50k, before he hung himself, but I guess everyone's tolerance level is different. Dav-Exactly-what I was thinking, athletes fall into the same category. There should be required money education courses and direction to investors immediately at the time of signing to an nfl team or winning the lottery.[/quote]</P>

None of us can ever know what he was thinking, but we think it might have been the shame of charging up his company credit card and all the consequences once that would become known.</P>

The irony is that the company he worked for (Olympic Fasteners) took care of all the funeral expenses and help support his wife for a decent amount of time after.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

[quote user="dezzzR"]Wheres the outrage?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1387550.html

[/quote]</P>

I'm raging....right now...you cant tell?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Reminds me of the song: "I wanna be a millionare so ****ing bad" Say you took the lump sum @ 240 mil-I could get you @14 mil a year in interest easily, virtually guaranteed for the rest of your life. Dream Baby, Dream.[/quote]</p>

Do you know that more than half of the big lottory winners end up bankrupt?</p>

Its a friggin scam where our State governments prey on the normal human weaknesses of its citizens.</p>

Its disgusting.</p>

[/quote]</p>

are you blaming a government money maker for people being stupid? i dont get it....

Now, if by human weakness you mean ppl who are compulsive gamblers, and play lottery every with decent amounts of money....then yes i absolutely agree.

wow, i feel like every post i have made today has to defend normal people vs. stupid people.
    is this really what it has come to??? lol</p>

[/quote]You do have good points today JP. A bit more aggressive than normal, but good points. MH, I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he owed more than 50k, before he hung himself, but I guess everyone's tolerance level is different. Dav-Exactly-what I was thinking, athletes fall into the same category. There should be required money education courses and direction to investors immediately at the time of signing to an nfl team or winning the lottery.[/quote]</p>

None of us can ever know what he was thinking, but we think it might have been the shame of charging up his company credit card and all the consequences once that would become known.</p>

The irony is that the company he worked for (Olympic Fasteners) took care of all the funeral expenses and help support his wife for a decent amount of time after.</p>[/quote]Thats so horrible. Im sorry for your loss MH.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Reminds me of the song: "I wanna be a millionare so ****ing bad" Say you took the lump sum @ 240 mil-I could get you @14 mil a year in interest easily, virtually guaranteed for the rest of your life. Dream Baby, Dream.[/quote]</P>

Do you know that more than half of the big lottory winners end up bankrupt?</P>

Its a friggin scam where our State governments prey on the normal human weaknesses of its citizens.</P>

Its disgusting.</P>

[/quote]</P>

is this really what it has come to??? lol</P>

[/quote]You do have good points today JP. A bit more aggressive than normal, but good points. MH, I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he owed more than 50k, before he hung himself, but I guess everyone's tolerance level is different. Dav-Exactly-what I was thinking, athletes fall into the same category. There should be required money education courses and direction to investors immediately at the time of signing to an nfl team or winning the lottery.[/quote]</P>

None of us can ever know what he was thinking, but we think it might have been the shame of charging up his company credit card and all the consequences once that would become known.</P>

The irony is that the company he worked for (Olympic Fasteners) took care of all the funeral expenses and help support his wife for a decent amount of time after.</P>

[/quote]Thats so horrible. Im sorry for your loss MH.
    [/quote]</P>

Such a nice thing to say. Who are you and what have you done with Dez?</P>

This is why I don't gamble. Its my little, pathetic attempt to honor the memory of my friend.</P>

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]Wheres the outrage?
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1387550.html

[/quote]</P>

I'm raging....right now...you cant tell?</P>[/quote]Based on the huffington post article, they had dna eveidence on Tyson and multiple witness testimonies.

I am skeptical of the witnesses, if they too, were gangster's with diff agendas trying to reduce other charges.

[quote user="Morehead State"]

This is why I don't gamble. Its my little, pathetic attempt to honor the memory of my friend.</P>

[/quote]</P>

I hear ya. I dont gamble either in the traditional sense. This week is the 2nd time I've ever bought lotto tickets. $10 on the fat chance that I can have my family set for the rest of their life? yea i can spare a few bucks for that. it's not like i EXPECT to win &gt;.&lt;
    I have played a few poker games here and there with my friends. but nothing ever more than a game with friends....hence why im not gambling in Vegas; why start now?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]Reminds me of the song: "I wanna be a millionare so ****ing bad" Say you took the lump sum @ 240 mil-I could get you @14 mil a year in interest easily, virtually guaranteed for the rest of your life. Dream Baby, Dream.[/quote]</p>

Do you know that more than half of the big lottory winners end up bankrupt?</p>

Its a friggin scam where our State governments prey on the normal human weaknesses of its citizens.</p>

Its disgusting.</p>

[/quote]</p>

is this really what it has come to??? lol</p>

[/quote]You do have good points today JP. A bit more aggressive than normal, but good points. MH, I'm sorry about your friend. I hope he owed more than 50k, before he hung himself, but I guess everyone's tolerance level is different. Dav-Exactly-what I was thinking, athletes fall into the same category. There should be required money education courses and direction to investors immediately at the time of signing to an nfl team or winning the lottery.[/quote]</p>

None of us can ever know what he was thinking, but we think it might have been the shame of charging up his company credit card and all the consequences once that would become known.</p>

The irony is that the company he worked for (Olympic Fasteners) took care of all the funeral expenses and help support his wife for a decent amount of time after.</p>

[/quote]Thats so horrible. Im sorry for your loss MH.
    [/quote]</p>

Such a nice thing to say. Who are you and what have you done with Dez?</p>

This is why I don't gamble. Its my little, pathetic attempt to honor the memory of my friend.</p>[/quote]Well i did say id give everyone in here a million if I won, much more than the rest of the cheapos here. []

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

I hear ya. I dont gamble either in the traditional sense. This week is the 2nd time I've ever bought lotto tickets. $10 on the fat chance that I can have my family set for the rest of their life? yea i can spare a few bucks for that. it's not like i EXPECT to win &gt;.&lt;
    I have played a few poker games here and there with my friends. but nothing ever more than a game with friends....hence why im not gambling in Vegas; why start now?</P>

[/quote]</P>

I went to Vegasa few years ago with my lovely bridein order to do one thing and one thing only.....To see Don Rickles live.</P>

It was definately worth the trip. One more thing to cross off my bucket list.</P>