All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="byron"]

First of all I never heard of a choco-taco but I don't get to town very often...anything like a hamburger?!</P>

Sorry JP most jobs have a system of pay andyou can bet your *** this change benefits the system some how ...and perhaps something is coming for you vets...Like Matt says and I'm sure you know you could start looking for a new job just be smart don't lose your cool maybe find something better....Its tough I know be patient....God knows I'd probaly lose it if what you say is true ...be carefull man...and good luck whatever happens </P>

if Austin loves the gamereally wants to play because he loves football he'll make his way back</P>

And last but not least **** Osi maybe we couldtrade him for some choco-taco's!?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yea, I'm really not losing my cool over this. Like, yea I'm upset about it, im not mad, im just really disappointed that they think this is an acceptable change somehow. It's such a let down to be passed over for the 3rd time in these restructures.
    Yea i have a resume on deck that I update as my job here changes, but, the problem is, with this job market, and my very specific skill set more or less limited to finance (based on the experience anyway), i feel im only attractive to Banking and other financial institutions....which would be no problem, except alot of those places donthave the same job security, so that's something im worried about.</P>

I'd take a 2nd rounder for Osi. That's kind of a steal considering most active players dont go for anything higher than that. Is this even a likely scenario?</P>

[/quote] yeahthat sucks man keep your head up andoptions open .....</P>

It seems like to me keeping Osi around makes the most sense for this year....if he causes to much trouble who knows....I can see the Giants sticking to their guns you can't let players run the team ...I get where both sidesof this thing tho....its just to badits been made so public</P>

[quote user="byron"]It seems like to me keeping Osi around makes the most sense for this year....if he causes to much trouble who knows....I can see the Giants sticking to their guns you can't let players run the team ...I get where both sidesof this thing tho....its just to badits been made so public[/quote]</P>

this will be the 3rd ongoing year this has happened.
    One thing I can agree with Osi about, he should be making more than Kiwinuka, and they PROBABLY should have renegotiated him MUCH earlier for the same amount of years and about 5 mill a year back in like 2009ish
    Dicey situation, but it's much too late now. I know there arent many people on the Osi side of this argument, but technically, they ARE messing with his money, he's at his prime, and the team 1) wont pay him, and 2) wont let him go somewhere that WILL pay him. It's kind of like the Dwight Howard deal in Orlando....nobody seems to have a problem with him trying to get traded out the past year though &gt;.&lt; Howard would be traded, and would sign an extension with a team for more money, and thats acceptable, yet this isn't....that's so strange to me.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]It seems like to me keeping Osi around makes the most sense for this year....if he causes to much trouble who knows....I can see the Giants sticking to their guns you can't let players run the team ...I get where both sidesof this thing tho....its just to badits been made so public[/quote]</P>

this will be the 3rd ongoing year this has happened.
    One thing I can agree with Osi about, he should be making more than Kiwinuka, and they PROBABLY should have renegotiated him MUCH earlier for the same amount of years and about 5 mill a year back in like 2009ish
    Dicey situation, but it's much too late now. I know there arent many people on the Osi side of this argument, but technically, they ARE messing with his money, he's at his prime, and the team 1) wont pay him, and 2) wont let him go somewhere that WILL pay him. It's kind of like the Dwight Howard deal in Orlando....nobody seems to have a problem with him trying to get traded out the past year though &gt;.&lt; Howard would be traded, and would sign an extension with a team for more money, and thats acceptable, yet this isn't....that's so strange to me.</P>

[/quote] </P>

well I just don'tlike that its been so public.....for the most I'm neutral and relize it bussiness.....NFL contracts are not guaranteed a player can be cut from a team at any point by management and prehaps thats justifiable ...they're doing it for the best interests of the team the cap or whatever..The players only leverage to do whatsbest for them and their careersis to hold out.... and to the tune of some heavy fines that most can't afford.... I also understand you can't have players holding on their every whim... but in this case I can see his gripe....to be honest the pay system for players is a ****ing mess that lends itself to this ****...</P>

[quote user="byron"]well I just don'tlike that its been so public.....for the most I'm neutral and relize it bussiness.....NFL contracts are not guaranteed a player can be cut from a team at any point by management and prehaps thats justifiable ...they're doing it for the best interests of the team the cap or whatever..The players only leverage to do whatsbest for them and their careersis to hold out.... and to the tune of some heavy fines that most can't afford.... I also understand you can't have players holding on their every whim... but in this case I can see his gripe....to be honest the pay system for players is a ****ing mess that lends itself to this ****...[/quote]</P>

yea, unfortunately i feel that it becoming public is inevitable. Especially with a player of Osi's popularity.
    Youre 100% correct about the pay in the NFL though. It's very difficult since it's not like NBA where all the players are doing the same thing. What kind of performance dictates what an O-lineman makes? what about DEs? What about Corners? It's too hard to make things even or fair really. But hey...thats why we're not owners and GMs.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="byron"]well I just don'tlike that its been so public.....for the most I'm neutral and relize it bussiness.....NFL contracts are not guaranteed a player can be cut from a team at any point by management and prehaps thats justifiable ...they're doing it for the best interests of the team the cap or whatever..The players only leverage to do whatsbest for them and their careersis to hold out.... and to the tune of some heavy fines that most can't afford.... I also understand you can't have players holding on their every whim... but in this case I can see his gripe....to be honest the pay system for players is a ****ing mess that lends itself to this ****...[/quote]</P>

yea, unfortunately i feel that it becoming public is inevitable. Especially with a player of Osi's popularity.
    Youre 100% correct about the pay in the NFL though. It's very difficult since it's not like NBA where all the players are doing the same thing. What kind of performance dictates what an O-lineman makes? what about DEs? What about Corners? It's too hard to make things even or fair really. But hey...thats why we're not owners and GMs.</P>[/quote]yeah there would have to be some form of a pay scale system...Given the system used today which is pretty much a free for all andhas alwaysbeen the nfl's way .... the drastic changes that would be needed would never fly ... As a fan I would prefer not tohear about the dealings " unrealistic I know" ...Ah well I'm not going to get onone side or the other with this one its their system theirproblem...Just give a win ongameday and I'm happy

Hey kids. How was the weekend?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Was Eli funny on SNL?

[quote user="dezzzR"]Was Eli funny on SNL?

[/quote]</P>

dont know. I havent watched SNL since like 1998 lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

So Mo pulled his acl jumping into a wall...............

[quote user="dezzzR"]So Mo pulled his acl jumping into a wall...............
    [/quote]</P>

err yea...we found that out last week.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant