Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]cars should start putting Pandora in them. Horrible radio would become extinct
    [/quote]

Plug your phone with the app into your car (Done)
    [/quote]</p>

meh....</p>

<u>I dont understand the concept of listening to what someone other than yourself chooses.</u> even if it's tailored to what you "vote" on with pandora....

the reason digital media types were created was essentially to give you the choice to listen to what you want.....
    I've given it all a shot, multiple times....but I rather listen to my own ****, thank you very much. lol
    Now only if i found the motivation to install my ipod jack in my car. lol</p>[/quote]Isnt that what the radio is?
    I thought the exact same way before trying it out, but I was completely wrong. Its gives you music very similar to what you select. I found quite a few new bands/emcees or songs by people I knew, and just never herd. And theres days where I would rather my own music as well, but if I dont have it with me, Pandora will do fine.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]cars should start putting Pandora in them. Horrible radio would become extinct
    [/quote]

[/quote]</P>

meh....</P>

I dont understand the concept of listening to what someone other than yourself chooses. even if it's tailored to what you "vote" on with pandora....

the reason digital media types were created was essentially to give you the choice to listen to what you want.....
    I've given it all a shot, multiple times....but I rather listen to my own ****, thank you very much. lol
    Now only if i found the motivation to install my ipod jack in my car. lol</P>

[/quote]</P>

How do you hear new music?</P>

[/quote]</P>

depends. I listen to both rock and hip hop....</P>

rock music, usually word of mouth, or sites online. even ppl on facebook share new stuff that i see

hip hop i go to a few websites that posts all the leaks, new tracks, etc....and you can stream everything, and you can usually download all the non album stuff directly from them also.

to be completely honest, the only band on the radio that i like is probably foo fighters. all the other rock i like wouldnt be played on FM (maybe satellite, though i wouldnt know really)</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

meh....</p>

I dont understand the concept of listening to what someone other than yourself chooses. even if it's tailored to what you "vote" on with pandora....

Now only if i found the motivation to install my ipod jack in my car. lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

How do you hear new music?</p>[/quote]

^--This

Pandora is "decent" at figuring out the kind of music you like as long as you give it some input (like the sounds you like and pic a few channels based on albums/artist/songs you like) It will find music just like that (a long with playing your favorite tracks as well)

It's good, I mean unless you don't think you'll ever get board of listening to the same songs on your iPod over and over again for the next 60 years.

plus sometimes I like to be surprised by something I like, instead of knowing exactly what's coming on next all the time.

[quote user="dezzzR"]Isnt that what the radio is?
    [/quote]</P>

uhhh yea Dezzz.....hence why i dont like any format of radio....i havent since middle school basically. </P>

once cable internet came out, forget it....i havent listened to the radio in 15 years bro (aside from ppl just having it on lol)</P>

OR unless you count Yankee games while im outside in the pool =P</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

I'm a bit biased I suppose because I've been pirating for as long as I can remember.....</P>

and dont preach to me....i buy music for bands i love</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"]

I'm a bit biased I suppose because I've been pirating for as long as I can remember.....</p>

and dont preach to me....i buy music for bands i love</p>[/quote]

I'm willing to bet I've been pirating at least as long as you :P that doesn't change the fact that while I'm at work or on a long road trip I still like to just put Pandora on and go/work.

I find new songs because of it all the time and I get nice surprises throughout the day.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I'm a bit biased I suppose because I've been pirating for as long as I can remember.....</P>

[/quote]

I'm willing to bet I've been pirating at least as long as you :P that doesn't change the fact that while I'm at work or on a long road trip I still like to just put Pandora on and go/work.

I find new songs because of it all the time and I get nice surprises throughout the day.
    [/quote]</P>

hahaha yea man.</P>

MP3s on FTPs? lol....newsgroups?
    old school pirating! lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

I'm a bit biased I suppose because I've been pirating for as long as I can remember.....</p>

and dont preach to me....i buy music for bands i love</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

hahaha yea man.</p>

old school pirating! lol</p>[/quote]

Limewire was probably my start, maybe a little before that, late 90's so maybe not quite as long :P it's all Torrents now (or Direct Download depending) point is I don't particularly want to know what's coming on next all the time and I like finding new stuff....so I prefer Pandora to my ripped playlist.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

hahaha yea man.</P>

old school pirating! lol</P>

[/quote]

Limewire was probably my start, maybe a little before that, late 90's so maybe not quite as long :P I think is when I started, it's all Torrents now (or Direct Download depending) point is I don't particularly want to know what's coming on next all the time and I like finding new stuff....so I prefer Pandora to my ripped playlist.
    [/quote]</P>

Limewire wasnt really around till like 00-01</P>

oh man...i guess that makes me a pirating hipster =\</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="JPizzack"]

and dont preach to me....i buy music for bands i love</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

hahaha yea man.</p>

old school pirating! lol</p>

[/quote]

Limewire was probably my start, maybe a little before that, late 90's so maybe not quite as long :P I think is when I started, it's all Torrents now (or Direct Download depending) point is I don't particularly want to know what's coming on next all the time and I like finding new stuff....so I prefer Pandora to my ripped playlist.
    [/quote]</p>

Limewire wasnt really around till like 00-01</p>

oh man...i guess that makes me a pirating hipster =\</p>[/quote]

guess so

that said once you've been pirating for more then a decade I don't think it matters when you started anymore :P