Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The Morehead hate was so bad I just noticed that they locked the thread out.</p>

I think I've proven my point about the "Eli Cultists". Even when I have a little fun at their expense, I am called every name in the book. The list is too long to show here.</p>

In other words, if you express your view that our SB win was a team win, and not the win of a one man team, you are lamb basted by the kooks.</p>

I was actually surprised how bad it was. Sometimes human beings blow.</p>

Without sarcasm, I am truly depressed by it.</p>

[/quote]You were just flat out owned in your own thread. Thats the real reason youre depressed. I even agree with you to an extent about the team winning the sb. Like the Williams fumbled, Blackburns 2 ff and fumble recovery, his 2 ints. There are multiple examples. But Eli was the "key", like you said, he made it all work, especially during the regular season.

It pisses me off were arguing over just how good Eli is, and not how bad The Giants defense was and ways the Giants should fix it.
    [/quote]</p>

Then you have no understanding about what the point was. My problem is not Eli. Eli is a top 5 QB. My problem is that in the mind of the Cultist, if you say anything that they can twist into a threat to Eli's pure greatness, they jump down your throat.</p>

For instance, I mentioned that I thought JPP was one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and this dope buffyblue responds byt telling me to stay on the Eli hate wagon. In his mind, my complimenting JPP, somehow suggests that I think Eli is not the best player on the team. If I say that the defense played well in the playoffs, in thier minds I am saying that Eli isn't the sole reason we won the SB.</p>

I even said that I thought Ben and Eli were at the same level, and then talked about why I thought Ben was a great player. That somehow in their minds is Eli hate even though I just said that Eli was on the same level as a great player in my view.</p>

I mean its nuts the way these people think.</p>[/quote]

(I can't believe they locked your thread.)

I found it interesting how some were saying it's technology and not the individual that behaves in this (cultist) manner. I've never seen any other player propped up like this. It's truly amazing to see the sensitivity surrounding this guy. Nothing will satisfy them unless you believe he's the second coming.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Roosevelt"]

I found it interesting how some were saying it's technology and not the individual that behaves in this (cultist) manner. I've never seen any other player propped up like this. It's truly amazing to see the sensitivity surrounding this guy. Nothing will satisfy them unless you believe he's the second coming.
    [/quote]</P>

It's definitely kinda nuts....
    I think it's because of the kind of person Eli is. He's easy to defend!! lol

I stayed out of that thread because it was rather chaotic.....but we all know how Morehead tends to, and likes to push buttons. He looks for reactions usually, and SOMEtimes you can even put HIM on snap-watch, until he flips....
    Not that i know anything about that.....but i know a little something about that []</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Roosevelt"]

[/quote]</p>

I stayed out of that thread because it was rather chaotic.....but we all know how Morehead tends to, and likes to push buttons. He looks for reactions usually, and SOMEtimes you can even put HIM on snap-watch, until he flips....
    Not that i know anything about that.....but i know a little something about that []</p>[/quote]

Eli is a likable guy (just like Morehead []) which makes him easy to root for, but of course his demeanor and look also have people on his case since he doesn't exactly have that Ford-tough look.

I enjoy watching Morehead wing these guys up. It's very funny.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Roosevelt"]

[/quote]</p>

Not that i know anything about that.....but i know a little something about that []</p>[/quote]

Eli is a likable guy (just like Morehead []) which makes him easy to root for, but of course his demeanor and look also have people on his case since he doesn't exactly have that Ford-tough look.

[/quote]I think he is being silly over the use of words. If it were "Eli led the team to the sb" instead of "Eli carried the team to the sb" he would agree. Either hes doesnt understand its the same frickin thing, or hes just trying to mind **** everyone.

Thomas Richard Coughlin is a saint!

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The Morehead hate was so bad I just noticed that they locked the thread out.</P>

I think I've proven my point about the "Eli Cultists". Even when I have a little fun at their expense, I am called every name in the book. The list is too long to show here.</P>

In other words, if you express your view that our SB win was a team win, and not the win of a one man team, you are lamb basted by the kooks.</P>

I was actually surprised how bad it was. Sometimes human beings blow.</P>

Without sarcasm, I am truly depressed by it.</P>

[/quote]You were just flat out owned in your own thread. Thats the real reason youre depressed. I even agree with you to an extent about the team winning the sb. Like the Williams fumbled, Blackburns 2 ff and fumble recovery, his 2 ints. There are multiple examples. But Eli was the "key", like you said, he made it all work, especially during the regular season.

It pisses me off were arguing over just how good Eli is, and not how bad The Giants defense was and ways the Giants should fix it.
    [/quote]</P>

Then you have no understanding about what the point was. My problem is not Eli. Eli is a top 5 QB. My problem is that in the mind of the Cultist, if you say anything that they can twist into a threat to Eli's pure greatness, they jump down your throat.</P>

For instance, I mentioned that I thought JPP was one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and this dope buffyblue responds byt telling me to stay on the Eli hate wagon. In his mind, my complimenting JPP, somehow suggests that I think Eli is not the best player on the team. If I say that the defense played well in the playoffs, in thier minds I am saying that Eli isn't the sole reason we won the SB.</P>

I even said that I thought Ben and Eli were at the same level, and then talked about why I thought Ben was a great player. That somehow in their minds is Eli hate even though I just said that Eli was on the same level as a great player in my view.</P>

I mean its nuts the way these people think.</P>

[/quote]But saying Eli carried this team doesnt make one a "cultist". Cause I agree with you but I also think "Eli carried this team" most of the time.
    [/quote]</P>

No it doesn't. But calling someone an Eli hater simply because you don't think he "carried the team on his back" does.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The Morehead hate was so bad I just noticed that they locked the thread out.</P>

I think I've proven my point about the "Eli Cultists". Even when I have a little fun at their expense, I am called every name in the book. The list is too long to show here.</P>

In other words, if you express your view that our SB win was a team win, and not the win of a one man team, you are lamb basted by the kooks.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Then you have no understanding about what the point was. My problem is not Eli. Eli is a top 5 QB. My problem is that in the mind of the Cultist, if you say anything that they can twist into a threat to Eli's pure greatness, they jump down your throat.</P>

For instance, I mentioned that I thought JPP was one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and this dope buffyblue responds byt telling me to stay on the Eli hate wagon. In his mind, my complimenting JPP, somehow suggests that I think Eli is not the best player on the team. If I say that the defense played well in the playoffs, in thier minds I am saying that Eli isn't the sole reason we won the SB.</P>

I even said that I thought Ben and Eli were at the same level, and then talked about why I thought Ben was a great player. That somehow in their minds is Eli hate even though I just said that Eli was on the same level as a great player in my view.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You get it Rosie. You know what it is out there. Its not about Eli at all. We all love Eli and are glad he's our QB. But you and I knowthats not enough for them.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Roosevelt"]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]I think he is being silly over the use of words. If it were "Eli led the team to the sb" instead of "Eli carried the team to the sb" he would agree. Either hes doesnt understand its the same frickin thing, or hes just trying to mind **** everyone.
    [/quote]

Hey, the way I see it if gets people talking it's all good.

I think it's fair to say that our passing attack carried this team for the most part last year. And if people want to say it was our quarterback, I'm cool with that because they always get too much credit as well as blame. He had a couple rough games at the end but obviously he had a great year.

Some people see last season as vindication for years past, but I don't. This was his first really good season IMO. I don't really care if people think he's better than this guy or that guy. He's a winner and that's all that matters. We're fortunate to have him as our QB.
    Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

The Morehead hate was so bad I just noticed that they locked the thread out.</p>

I think I've proven my point about the "Eli Cultists". Even when I have a little fun at their expense, I am called every name in the book. The list is too long to show here.</p>

In other words, if you express your view that our SB win was a team win, and not the win of a one man team, you are lamb basted by the kooks.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Then you have no understanding about what the point was. My problem is not Eli. Eli is a top 5 QB. My problem is that in the mind of the Cultist, if you say anything that they can twist into a threat to Eli's pure greatness, they jump down your throat.</p>

For instance, I mentioned that I thought JPP was one of the best defensive players in the NFL, and this dope buffyblue responds byt telling me to stay on the Eli hate wagon. In his mind, my complimenting JPP, somehow suggests that I think Eli is not the best player on the team. If I say that the defense played well in the playoffs, in thier minds I am saying that Eli isn't the sole reason we won the SB.</p>

I even said that I thought Ben and Eli were at the same level, and then talked about why I thought Ben was a great player. That somehow in their minds is Eli hate even though I just said that Eli was on the same level as a great player in my view.</p>

I mean its nuts the way these people think.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You get it Rosie. You know what it is out there. Its not about Eli at all. We all love Eli and are glad he's our QB. But you and I knowthats not enough for them.</p>[/quote]

Exactly. They take everything about Eli way too personally. It seems a bit unhealthy. It's like they have this connection and deep-seeded inferiority complex - one which I don't recall ever seeing before over an athlete. I mean we are not talking about a player like Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordon here.

I thought you made a great point about LT. We knew what we had in LT. We knew he made everyone around him better. But that didn't diminish the effort of his teammates or our appreciation for them.

These Giants, under Tom Coughlin, preach a team approach. But for whatever reason some of Eli's fans have stronger feelings for him over our team.
    Get well, get back #80

[quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You get it Rosie. You know what it is out there. Its not about Eli at all. We all love Eli and are glad he's our QB. But you and I knowthats not enough for them.</P>

[/quote]

Exactly. They take everything about Eli way too personally. It seems a bit unhealthy. It's like they have this connection and deep-seeded inferiority complex - one which I don't recall ever seeing before over an athlete. I mean we are not talking about a player like Wayne Gretzky or Michael Jordon here.

I thought you made a great point about LT. We knew what we had in LT. We knew he made everyone around him better. But that didn't diminish the effort of his teammates or our appreciation for them.

These Giants, under Tom Coughlin, preach a team approach. But for whatever reason some of Eli's fans have stronger feelings for him over our team.
    [/quote]</P>

Its actually a strange vibe from them. Its almost as if they have to make the case that the rest of the team sucks, in order to prop up Eli.</P>

WellI have bad news for them. The rest of our team doesn't suck. I've read posts from guys who complain that JR is always up against the cap. The reason for that is that we have a lot of really good players.</P>
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="Roosevelt"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

I mean its nuts the way these people think.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

You get it Rosie. You know what it is out there. Its not about Eli at all. We all love Eli and are glad he's our QB. But you and I knowthats not enough for them.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Its actually a strange vibe from them. Its almost as if they have to make the case that the rest of the team sucks, in order to prop up Eli.</p>

WellI have bad news for them. The rest of our team doesn't suck. I've read posts from guys who complain that JR is always up against the cap. The reason for that is that we have a lot of really good players.</p>[/quote]

It's very hard to disagree with that. I'm thinking a lot of people are going to be upset by our cuts this year.

Eli has fans that have thrown everyone and their mother under the bus since day one. That's what got me started on them.
    Get well, get back #80