All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Blah so it looks like you were right Morehead...they upheld it, bunch of bullcrap...

Sad day for America.

[quote user="dezzzR"]Sad day for America.
    [/quote]</P>

I don't think so Dezz. They also gave the states the right to opt out. They ruled that threatening states to accept the law by withholding Medicaid funds is unconstitutional. In other words, states can opt out of Obamacare without penalty.</P>

If this is true, the law will die of lack of funding.</P>
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

[/quote]

Agreed, today the Supreme Court decided through the Interstate Commerce clause the Federal governments power to tax is "truly" limitless, they can tax you for example, for not buying enough broccoli...literally guys, it's exactly the same thing.

Beyond that...beyond the slippery slope argument, this also makes Obamacare an actual possibility, 4 years from now when this actually starts coming into effect a few things will definitely happen.

#1) Health care quality will decrease, the care you get will decrease (even if you had NO insurance before hand)

#2) Costs will increase, unless you were paying for the best plans possible you can expect to pay more in the future, currently as a single male I was paying 80$ per paycheck for the lowest possible plan, now I'll have to pay more then that for a lower quality of care, I'd have to pay almost that much simple to NOT get any care just as a penalty (aka Fine) now.

#3) Companies (especially small companies) will stop offering health care all together and insurance companies will go out of business....this is guaranteed.

that's just the start....there is absolutely nothing good that can come from this decision....nothing.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

I don't think so Dezz. They also gave the states the right to opt out. They ruled that threatening states to accept the law by withholding Medicaid funds is unconstitutional. In other words, states can opt out of Obamacare without penalty.</p>

If this is true, the law will die of lack of funding.</p>[/quote]

Not really MH, they just said that they can't with hold Medicare from states that decide to opt out, that doesn't mean they won't still tax the individual citizens in the state....they still will.

what they wanted was to force states into complying by telling states that they won't get the funds for medicare if they don't comply, this allows "states" not to comply but their individual citizens (you and me) still will.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

I don't think so Dezz. They also gave the states the right to opt out. They ruled that threatening states to accept the law by withholding Medicaid funds is unconstitutional. In other words, states can opt out of Obamacare without penalty.</P>

If this is true, the law will die of lack of funding.</P>

[/quote]

Not really MH, they just said that they can't with hold Medicare from states that decide to opt out, that doesn't mean they won't still tax the individual citizens in the state....they still will.

what they wanted was to force states into complying by telling states that they won't get the funds for medicare if they don't comply, this allows "states" not to comply but their individual citizens (you and me) still will.
    [/quote]</P>

Maybe so. We'll have to see how it shakes out.</P>

All-Pro

OK...well moving on, now that the supreme court made it's mistake the next thing is a vote to repel, I believe July 11th is when they will vote on it?

I don't care if it takes another 100 years, the republican party's number 1 priority must from now until eternity be to repel this, I don't want them to join a single discussion, I don't want them to take part in one vote about anything other then this repel.

that's my view.

[quote user="DavenIII"]OK...well moving on, now that the supreme court made it's mistake the next thing is a vote to repel, I believe July 11th is when they will vote on it?

I don't care if it takes another 100 years, the republican party's number 1 priority must from now until eternity be to repel this, I don't want them to join a single discussion, I don't want them to take part in one vote about anything other then this repel.

that's my view.
    [/quote]</P>

Should they hold the vote today to charge Eric Holder with Contempt of Congress?</P>

god bless america....</P>

</P>

</P>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"]I don't want them to join a single discussion, I don't want them to take part in one vote about anything other then this repel.

that's my view.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

sooo u want them to be business as usual</P>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game