Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00. If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney. Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]</P>

oh man, i LOVED DC. i went twice as a kid. <U>I was sucha history nerd. still am </U>lol</P>

[/quote]Same. One of our old tvs had the history channel logo branded on the corner of the screen lol

I really need to visit DC. Driving back from Miami I saw so many museums in the DC area that I wanted to go to, but we needed to get back for work.
    [/quote]</P>

Let's go Dezz....we'll have MH swing down, and we'll take a 4 day trip. And on the way we'll sing," And we're the 3 best friends that anyone could have! We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have! We're the 3 best friends that anyone could have!And we'll never ever ever leave each other!!!"</P>

And then we'll leave MH in downtown baltimore..... =P</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

I believe this is the plan he's talking about.

Disney Offer

he's probably neglecting to mention the travel...but car travel is probably the way he goes, say 3 tanks of gas each way so add another 50x6=300$ still you are looking at around 3k for a family of 4 for 6 days 7 nights.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Well we took 6 people, including ourselves. We didn't pay for a hotel room, just two timeshare trades which were something like $300 per unit. We paid for everyone's airfare which was around $300 PP. Then we only paid for the Parks for Me, my wife and my grandaughter. We paid for about half the total food bill. The trip probably set us back over $5,000.00. And if you add the maintenance fee for the two years of timeshares we needed to trade, that goes up over $7000.00.
    If we had to get hotel rooms it would have been more. No it costs a fortune to go to Disney.
    Most people save up for several years to go. Its kinda like going to DC, you have to take the family there once in the kid's childhood to give them that experience. (If its possible of course)[/quote]

I'm not arguing that it "can" be expensive, but it "can" also be cheap, as a family we went every year, we had family on my mothers side that lived in Orlando so we didn't have to pay for rooms which was nice considering at the time our family was not very well off at all, we drove down every year except for a couple, we always went to either sea world or Disney.

what I'm saying is that you can find cheap ways to go if all you want to do is go to have your kids having that experience...even borderline poverty level could do it every year, you just have to do it cheaply...which like I said is possible, my co-worker goes every single year on a salary of less then 60k for the family and he has medical issues that he's constantly paying for, I believe he pays around 2 grand total for 3-4 days including everything, he's going August of this year I'll ask him what he's doing when he gets back into the room.

[/quote]
    Car rental alone is $400 bucks. The parks are over $90/day per person. Airfare is a nightmare.

How many people in his family? because if he has 4, even with 3 day passes, thats over $1000.00 just for the parks alone. then you actually have to eat. At any Disney restaurant for 4 people, its $50.00 bucks minimum just for lunch.
    And how many people have friends who live in Orlando?[/quote]

Ok Morehead I just had a discussion with him about it.

he said he pays around 2600$ total for 6 days 7 nights, he stays at a place called All-Star Resorts which is part of Disney (so he doesn't need a rental car) and the deal includes tickets to all the major parks (every day) as well as all his dinning for around 160$ per adult per day and 90$ for each kid each day....you can get the deal on the Disney World website.

He does this every single year and I know what he gets payed it's about what I get payed (a little less) and he has a family and his wife does not work....

you choose to go the expensive route MH he found the cheap way....but if it's only for the experience for the kids the cheap way is good enough.
    [/quote]
    Believe me...I would have been happy going the cheap way. I didn't know you could get package deals with a lot of discounts. But the point is, no matter how many corners you cut, its still a expensive deal.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="DavenIII"]I believe this is the plan he's talking about.

Disney Offer

he's probably neglecting to mention the travel...but car travel is probably the way he goes, say 3 tanks of gas each way so add another 50x6=300$ still you are looking at around 3k for a family of 4 for 6 days 7 nights.
    [/quote]
    Thats a long *** drive.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]
    Believe me...I would have been happy going the cheap way. I didn't know you could get package deals with a lot of discounts. But the point is, no matter how many corners you cut, its still a expensive deal.[/quote]

3k for a family of 4 for 6 days 7 nights is an inexpensive vacation...what are you going to do that's cheaper then that?

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]I believe this is the plan he's talking about.

Disney Offer

[/quote]
    Thats a long *** drive.[/quote]

been through that drive at least 16 times in my life...it's not "that" bad...lol

I think my father got to the florida boarder once in 16 hours? I think that was our best time...in an old Buick station wagon, with a rear facing seat in the trunk lol.

it's still another 4ish hours from the boarder to Orlando though if I remember correctly.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    Believe me...I would have been happy going the cheap way. I didn't know you could get package deals with a lot of discounts. But the point is, no matter how many corners you cut, its still a expensive deal.[/quote]

3k for a family of 4 for 6 days 7 nights is an inexpensive vacation...what are you going to do that's cheaper then that?
    [/quote]
    Most people don't drive to Florida from the northeast. You usually have to add all the airfare and rental car. thats another 2 grand minumum.
    Its good that your friend can do that every year. Its probably a great family tradition and thats all good. But being in a car with the entire family and all the luggage for 20 hours or so would not be pleasent for a lot of folks.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]I believe this is the plan he's talking about.

Disney Offer

[/quote]
    Thats a long *** drive.[/quote]

been through that drive at least 16 times in my life...it's not "that" bad...lol

I think my father got to the florida boarder once in 16 hours? I think that was our best time...in an old Buick station wagon, with a rear facing seat in the trunk lol.

it's still another 4ish hours from the boarder to Orlando though if I remember correctly.
    [/quote]
    I've driven it about 5 or 6 times. Once by myself from Wilbraham, MA to Naples, FL when my parents moved down there and asked me to drive one of their cars for them. that was the most pleasent....BY MYSELF. I drove to Tampa with my college baseball team in two vans. That was a nightmare.
    If I can talk to myself, blast my stereo and generally daydream the entire trip, I'm OK.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]
    I've driven it about 5 or 6 times. Once by myself from Wilbraham, MA to Naples, FL when my parents moved down there and asked me to drive one of their cars for them. that was the most pleasent....BY MYSELF. I drove to Tampa with my college baseball team in two vans. That was a nightmare.
    If I can talk to myself, blast my stereo and generally daydream the entire trip, I'm OK.[/quote]

It builds character!

no I know what you mean, most of the trip was ok, but as kids me my brother and sister definitely got on each others nerves pretty bad at times, arguing about someone taking up too much room etc etc.

but most of the time we just read books or played gameboys...we would always leave late at night to miss the DC traffic so a large chunk of the time was sleeping, my mom and father would switch off (90% of the time it was non-stop) later on they bought their camper so we'd pull off at a walmart and get a few hours sleep in our camper...and then stay at a KOA in the camper when not staying with the family down there.

All-Pro

reminds me of a story a buddy of mine and I are fishing Cobbossee preparing for a bass tourney..We see this little stream coming into the lake...Hell we are in a bass boat so we head up the thing...the stream keeps getting smaller as we go to the point we are pushing overhanging tree limbs out of the way to get through...</P>

We need to get turned around so we have to keep going looking for enough room to do it...We finally break through to a groomed wide spot with a nice looking walk over bridge ....out of the corner eye I see this guy in his full back swingteeing off on a golf ball....well lets just say when he sees us it all went bad and the ball went about 10ft and landed in the pool right in front of us ...I can still see the guy stomping across that ****ing bridgewhile we are laughing and scrambling to get out there we're in the middle of a golf coarse....haha </P>