All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lawl"]If you guys are wanting to out smart and find out who knows the most and knows how to build a team, then lets do a dynasty league.[/quote]

Totally agree with this!

All-Pro

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]

It's most likely going to be either 2 RB-2WR+Flex or 3WR-2RB.

we've had this argument for 2 or 3 years running now....

MMB (and some others) believe the Flex somehow makes it "easier" I honestly think the exact opposite, it's funny we both want the same thing...a more "competitive" type of league...we just disagree with what makes it more competitive.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote] What the hell? The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

I don't know if I ever made that argument lol Matt was always against flex I was always for it.

I like being able to choose 3RB's or 3WR's each week, Matt has this idea that Fantasy is still about the RB (it used to be) so when you allow flex everyone will choose 3 good RB's....this won't happen but that's what he "thinks" will happen.
    [/quote] I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]</p>

correct. and considering so many more teams are going 2+ RBs nowadays, that's a bigger decision than ever in fantasy.</p>[/quote]
    Here's my assessment..........<u>Good players don't like the flex. Marginal players like that crutch.</u>[/quote]baloney
    [/quote]
    My case is made.[/quote]It has nothing to do with people being good or not. Sucks when you pay over 20 bucks to play in a league only for your starting rb to get injured week 2. And some people just prefer higher scoring games.
    [/quote]

that's why you handcuff when possible, the reason I like Flex is because it makes the starting lineup decision more difficult, in my opinion.

when it's 3WR mandatory then you just play your 3rd best WR every week there isn't much thought in that, but if you have a Flex you can play your 3rd WR OR your 3rd RB depending on the matchup's and such...I don't know it just seems like the decision is harder and there is more thinking involved when it comes to flex vs mandatory 3 WR's
    [/quote]Exactly, Its certainly not a "crutch". Its a double edge sword, you have more depth but you still have to make the right choice.
    [/quote]
    Deciding who to start is no challenge. the challenge is building your team, monitoring the league and having some imagination on who to pick up and who to drop. It means knowing the schedule, who's got what opponents down the road. Who's got bye's coming up. etc..... <u>You win with preparation, not game time decisions.</u>[/quote]What if a player is a gametime decision????hahaha

True it always gives you a leg up to be prepared but deciding who to start is indeed a challenge at times. Some matchups look just as enticing as others, and of course the golden rule in football, Any given Sunday

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    Game day decisions are the easiest part of FF. Its having the right players to choose from that's the challenge. Using the waiver wires properly, beating other players to free agents. etc... This is the hard part and the part that needs the most attention. The best thing you did last year was pick up Cam Newton. Best thing I did was trade for Matt Stafford. Deciding to start Stafford wasn't hard. Getting him was.[/quote]

The best "singular" thing I did last year was pick up Cam yes I agree, but the week to week decisions on whether to start say Malcom Floyd against Revis or start a lesser receiver against a team without a corner are also important...and making the right one week in and week out is just as important as picking the right players to begin with....if anything I would say more important.....picking the right players is a skill to a point....but you never know who is going to get injured or fall off you know? being able to decide when to start the lesser player because his opponent is inferior is also a skill but it can be applied every single week.
    [/quote]
    But thats not hard Daven. Knowing that a #1 WR is going against Revis is a huge consideration. But its part of FF. I agree that matchups are important, but its not hard to figure that stuff out. Building and maintaining your team is the hard part. If you have Floyd going up against Revis and have no other option, thats when your screwed. Build your team right, and you have another WR with a good matchup to start.
    Get well soon 80.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]

It's most likely going to be either 2 RB-2WR+Flex or 3WR-2RB.

we've had this argument for 2 or 3 years running now....

MMB (and some others) believe the Flex somehow makes it "easier" I honestly think the exact opposite, it's funny we both want the same thing...a more "competitive" type of league...we just disagree with what makes it more competitive.
    [/quote]
    Flex makes it easier. You almost always start a RB over a WR. A couple years ago I had Addai as a great flex guy. I just plugged him in every week. Then I had LT two years ago...same thing. Not much to decide really.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]

I answered this before without seeing Matt's post, but if there is a 3 WR 2RB + Flex I'd be ALL for that....the more players we can get onto rosters the harder it makes the league obviously we need to up the roster by one though if we are adding a starting position.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]Flex makes it easier. You almost always start a RB over a WR. A couple years ago I had Addai as a great flex guy. I just plugged him in every week. Then I had LT two years ago...same thing. Not much to decide really.[/quote]

every year the NFL is becoming more and more Pass Heavy, WR's vs RB's is pretty much equal at this point....especially when you are talking about 3rd options.

All-Pro

[quote user="Morehead State"]
    But thats not hard Daven. Knowing that a #1 WR is going against Revis is a huge consideration. But its part of FF. I agree that matchups are important, but its not hard to figure that stuff out. Building and maintaining your team is the hard part. If you have Floyd going up against Revis and have no other option, thats when your screwed. Build your team right, and you have another WR with a good matchup to start.[/quote]

knowing whether your #1 is going up against revies is a consideration yes, but deciding whether or not to start your #3 (or #4) instead of him because of that reason is a hard "decision" do you still play your #1 and hope revis can't stop him, or do you play your #3 and hope he has a big day....that's a decision...and add all those little decisions each week up and it's got a bigger effect on whether you make the playoffs or not then your original draft does in my opinion, the Flex makes those week to week decisions even harder because you have more choices.

honestly I think monitoring the FA's is the "most" important thing of all though.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]
    Game day decisions are the easiest part of FF. Its having the right players to choose from that's the challenge. Using the waiver wires properly, beating other players to free agents. etc... This is the hard part and the part that needs the most attention. The best thing you did last year was pick up Cam Newton. Best thing I did was trade for Matt Stafford. Deciding to start Stafford wasn't hard. Getting him was.[/quote]

The best "singular" thing I did last year was pick up Cam yes I agree, but the week to week decisions on whether to start say Malcom Floyd against Revis or start a lesser receiver against a team without a corner are also important...and making the right one week in and week out is just as important as picking the right players to begin with....if anything I would say more important.....picking the right players is a skill to a point....but you never know who is going to get injured or fall off you know? being able to decide when to start the lesser player because his opponent is inferior is also a skill but it can be applied every single week.
    [/quote]
    But thats not hard Daven. Knowing that a #1 WR is going against Revis is a huge consideration. But its part of FF. I agree that matchups are important, but its not hard to figure that stuff out. <u> Building and maintaining your team is the hard part.</u> If you have Floyd going up against Revis and have no other option, thats when your screwed. Build your team right, and you have another WR with a good matchup to start.[/quote]If thats your main concern than shouldnt you want a flex for depth??

All-Pro

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]If you guys are wanting to out smart and find out who knows the most and knows how to build a team, then lets do a dynasty league.[/quote]

Totally agree with this!
    [/quote]

I'd be commish if need be as long as one of you northerners handle the cash