All-Pro

Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]If you guys are wanting to out smart and find out who knows the most and knows how to build a team, then lets do a dynasty league.[/quote]

Totally agree with this!
    [/quote]

I'd be commish if need be as long as one of you northerners handle the cash[/quote]

I doubt it'll ever fly, also with people coming in and out of the league what are we going to do, give the old owners team to the new guy, if the new guy gets a crappy team and then it's gonna take him 2 or 3 seasons to get up to snuff.

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote] What the hell? The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

I don't know if I ever made that argument lol Matt was always against flex I was always for it.

I like being able to choose 3RB's or 3WR's each week, Matt has this idea that Fantasy is still about the RB (it used to be) so when you allow flex everyone will choose 3 good RB's....this won't happen but that's what he "thinks" will happen.
    [/quote] I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]</P>

</P>

na makes it more important and it shows in the draft. Everybody tries to get 3 RBs, if u don't have the value then u may not try for 3 RBs. But then everybody reaches on RB depth as well</P>
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex
    [/quote] What the hell? The reason I'm anti flex is because I bought YOUR argument that having no flex was better for good players.[/quote]

I don't know if I ever made that argument lol Matt was always against flex I was always for it.

I like being able to choose 3RB's or 3WR's each week, Matt has this idea that Fantasy is still about the RB (it used to be) so when you allow flex everyone will choose 3 good RB's....this won't happen but that's what he "thinks" will happen.
    [/quote] I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]

Matt's point - Flex = 3 RB's for everyone all the time.
    My Point - Flex = more options for everyone every week.

and while I may have said something to the effect of "you know you are playing in a deep league when you play X Receiver" that is completely separate from whether flex is involved or not...they really have nothing to do with each other, you can play a deep league with flex or without.

[/quote] No my argument is that strategy should be in how you build your team and weekly matchups is a secondary strategy. When you do 2 WR flex leagues it always puts a rush on running backs. It's something that has been proven time and time again with you when we got back and look at draft results. Personally I say we compromise, 3 WR flex league, 6 point qb td. Tht way everybody is happy[/quote] What is a 3 WR flex league? 2 RB's, 3 WR's, PLUS a flex?[/quote]</P>

</P>

I actually think its the perfect compromise, because then it truely becomes a strategical move at flex every week, but since you HAVE to start 3 WRs, you can't just forget about drafting them. There is so much talent at WR that two receivers just isn't enough to mandatory start IMO</P>

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"]Yes to Flex

[/quote] I'm confused.....No flex would make the RB LESS important.[/quote]</p>

</p>

na makes it more important and it shows in the draft. Everybody tries to get 3 RBs, if u don't have the value then u may not try for 3 RBs. But then everybody reaches on RB depth as well</p>[/quote]

just because people do it doesn't make it the right thing to do Matt.

WR's and RB's are pretty much equal at this point, if it comes down to it I'm totally going to pick a WR before a RB if we are talking about picking up a #5 WR vs a #10 RB or a #25WR vs a #35RB

everyone else can rush to get 3 RB's if they want I won't do that because although that used to be the way to go about it, it isn't anymore....even though people still follow the method.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"] No my argument is that strategy should be in how you build your team and weekly matchups is a secondary strategy. When you do 2 WR flex leagues it always puts a rush on running backs. [/quote]

#1) Fantasy isn't as dominated by the "One RB getting 25+ Carries a game" thing anymore, there's really only like 5 RB's in the entire league that do that anymore, so while I agree people still rush RB's in a flex, that isn't the best option anymore, if anything you can choose to buck the conventional wisdom of drafting RB's and choose WR's that shouldn't be there, but are, because others are just choosing RB's to fall in line.

#2) I think weekly match ups are the primary and drafting is secondary.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]It's something that has been proven time and time again with you when we got back and look at draft results. Personally I say we compromise, 3 WR flex league, 6 point qb td. Tht way everybody is happy[/quote]

I'd make that compromise, but just because everyone does pick 3 RB's when we do flex doesn't mean picking 3 RB's is the best way to go...look at the top ten WR's vs the top ten RB's last year.....the gap isn't like it used to be, it used to be the top ten RB's scored substantially more then the to 10 WR's ...(Talking like 3-4 times as many points) now it's almost even, drafting a 20th WR for your flex is better then drafting a 30th RB....it didn't used to be the case but it is now.
    [/quote]
    </P>

fantasy football is all about the draft, everybody knows this</P>

</P>

and everybody always tries to go for 3 RBs and then reaches for depth if they don'jt</P>

You swear that it doesn't kill the draft but u yourself had 3 RBs at the end of 4 rounds last time we had a flex league</P>

</P>

http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.c...?drafttab=team</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"] Deciding who to start is no challenge.[/quote]

you don't take into account who your players are playing against? of course there is challenge in who to start week to week.

[quote user="Morehead State"] the challenge is building your team, monitoring the league and having some imagination on who to pick up and who to drop. It means knowing the schedule, who's got what opponents down the road. Who's got bye's coming up. etc..... You win with preparation, not game time decisions.[/quote]

I would say are both equal, paying attention the day of to see if someone is a late scratch...whether it be your #2 WR for example...or just as important say you have a #2 WR going up against revis so you decide to sit him but that day Revis is scratched....you have time to go in and re-start your #2 guy.

Game day decisions are just as important as your draft over the long run, just like your Free Agent picks are just as important as well, the draft is obviously important, but being able to make decisions week to week and being able to recover from injuries the the free agent market are just as important.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

no where near to the degree that we put time into figuring who we want to draft and how is the best way to go about it</P>

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]</P>

</P>

wow really, tahts surprising considering your pushing for the legacy league</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lawl"]If you guys are wanting to out smart and find out who knows the most and knows how to build a team, then lets do a dynasty league.[/quote]

Totally agree with this!
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

i dont think we have enough really experienced fantasy guys to pull it off</P>

plus i'd rather start fresh and keep things going a new every year.</P>

</P>

I would be open to some later round keeper rules though</P>

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Flex makes it easier. You almost always start a RB over a WR. A couple years ago I had Addai as a great flex guy. I just plugged him in every week. Then I had LT two years ago...same thing. Not much to decide really.[/quote]

every year the NFL is becoming more and more Pass Heavy, WR's vs RB's is pretty much equal at this point....especially when you are talking about 3rd options.
    [/quote]</P>

which is exactly why a 2 WR flex league would make it a RB league, because everybody would go RB heavy because there is so much depth at WR to plug in 2 starters a week</P>

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"] Game day decisions are the easiest part of FF. Its having the right players to choose from that's the challenge. Using the waiver wires properly, beating other players to free agents. etc... This is the hard part and the part that needs the most attention. The best thing you did last year was pick up Cam Newton. Best thing I did was trade for Matt Stafford. Deciding to start Stafford wasn't hard. Getting him was.[/quote]

The best "singular" thing I did last year was pick up Cam yes I agree, but the week to week decisions on whether to start say Malcom Floyd against Revis or start a lesser receiver against a team without a corner are also important...and making the right one week in and week out is just as important as picking the right players to begin with....if anything I would say more important.....picking the right players is a skill to a point....but you never know who is going to get injured or fall off you know? being able to decide when to start the lesser player because his opponent is inferior is also a skill but it can be applied every single week.
    [/quote] But thats not hard Daven. Knowing that a #1 WR is going against Revis is a huge consideration. But its part of FF. I agree that matchups are important, but its not hard to figure that stuff out. <U>Building and maintaining your team is the hard part.</U> If you have Floyd going up against Revis and have no other option, thats when your screwed. Build your team right, and you have another WR with a good matchup to start.[/quote]If thats your main concern than shouldnt you want a flex for depth??
    [/quote]
    </P>

</P>

no u need less depth for flex</P>