Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]dont let me get the pick i want...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you like Peyton Manning....that guys pretty good.....if ya like , 6'5" 230 lb quarterbacks.......laser, rocket arms......
    Oderint Dum Metuant

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]QBs and WRs are deep.[/quote]

WR's aren't much deeper then RB's Matt, that's what I'm trying to tell you.

maybe if we were playing with 20 teams...

but down to 35 even 40 players deep for RB's and WR's they are still pretty even points wise.

you are talking 80 picks...no one "should" be rushing the RB picks...it doesn't make sense to, people WILL because it's conventional wisdom...but it just doesn't hold true anymore.
    [/quote]

I just don't get how u can say WRs aren't deeper, but RBs values are decreased because of the passing game. Its like your talking out of both sides of your mouth on this.

[/quote]

WR's aren't deeper, go look up last years stats....they are right there for you to see...up until 40+ it's pretty much equal.

Rb's values have been and are decreased because of the passing game.

but I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth, RB's used to just flat out be better then WR's hence the pick 3 RB's if you can in flex leagues, but now...they aren't better anymore, they are the same, they have the same depth and score the same amount of points...so while the flex USED to be a RB if you could get a decent one, not it's a RB OR a WR their is no difference, so there shouldn't be a rush on RB's...if their is it's because people are just living in the past.

when I got my 3 RB's 2 years ago it's because the 3 RB's where the best available at the time, if there was a receiver ahead of the RB I took 2nd or 3rd on the board I would have taken the WR instead.

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]3 WR flex league,[/quote]
    Terrrrrrrrrrrible idea
    [/quote]

why is that?

Makes the league more competitive, def more strategic, and gives Daven that weekly option that would make the flexers happy
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]QBs and WRs are deep.[/quote]

WR's aren't much deeper then RB's Matt, that's what I'm trying to tell you.

maybe if we were playing with 20 teams...

but down to 35 even 40 players deep for RB's and WR's they are still pretty even points wise.

you are talking 80 picks...no one "should" be rushing the RB picks...it doesn't make sense to, people WILL because it's conventional wisdom...but it just doesn't hold true anymore.
    [/quote]

I just don't get how u can say WRs aren't deeper, but RBs values are decreased because of the passing game. Its like your talking out of both sides of your mouth on this.

[/quote]

WR's aren't deeper, go look up last years stats....they are right there for you to see...up until 40+ it's pretty much equal.

Rb's values have been and are decreased because of the passing game.

but I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth, RB's used to just flat out be better then WR's hence the pick 3 RB's if you can in flex leagues, but now...they aren't better anymore, they are the same, they have the same depth and score the same amount of points...so while the flex USED to be a RB if you could get a decent one, not it's a RB OR a WR their is no difference, so there shouldn't be a rush on RB's...if their is it's because people are just living in the past.

when I got my 3 RB's 2 years ago it's because the 3 RB's where the best available at the time, if there was a receiver ahead of the RB I took 2nd or 3rd on the board I would have taken the WR instead.
    [/quote]

again your arguement is moot.

First its ridiculous because you tell me to look at past years stats when it suits you, but then say its not the same draft as past years.

Second its ridiculous because of this simple fact, you could have a range of 20 guys that everybody would be satisfactory wtih having as their WR 2, most people are dreading the end of the top 24 RBs as their RB2...

exactly daven - hence why it turns it into a running back league. What are u missing wtih this?

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]dont let me get the pick i want...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

if this league flexes you've been warned

All-Pro

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]dont let me get the pick i want...
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you like Peyton Manning....that guys pretty good.....if ya like , 6'5" 230 lb quarterbacks.......laser, rocket arms......[/quote] he is going to get his head knocked off sticking his neck out like that !....he shouldn't even be playing football.... jmho I wouldn't draft him with your draft pick

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"] Deciding who to start is no challenge.[/quote]

you don't take into account who your players are playing against? of course there is challenge in who to start week to week.

[quote user="Morehead State"] the challenge is building your team, monitoring the league and having some imagination on who to pick up and who to drop. It means knowing the schedule, who's got what opponents down the road. Who's got bye's coming up. etc..... You win with preparation, not game time decisions.[/quote]

I would say are both equal, paying attention the day of to see if someone is a late scratch...whether it be your #2 WR for example...or just as important say you have a #2 WR going up against revis so you decide to sit him but that day Revis is scratched....you have time to go in and re-start your #2 guy.

Game day decisions are just as important as your draft over the long run, just like your Free Agent picks are just as important as well, the draft is obviously important, but being able to make decisions week to week and being able to recover from injuries the the free agent market are just as important.
    [/quote]</p>

</p>

no where near to the degree that we put time into figuring who we want to draft and how is the best way to go about it</p>

[/quote] bpa....or justwing it[/quote]

well that may be you, but most people mock and do alot of research. You may get that on sundays with some decisions, but nothing is bigger than deciding who u think is BPA and getting info on your players. The most research is def done in the draft in comparison to putting a starting lineup out. Infact the draft dictates what your starting lineup is
    [/quote]</p>

all things have to be considered of coarse knowing the players is big and important as to how you draft your team.....drafts aren't all that predictable so I don't put alot of time in on mocks...last year I done one mock draft....but I did have a plan which I used when we drafted with pretty much the same results or the results I expected....the first three rounds "at least" I'm after topff point getters and even if I have to reach......"B is after point getters".....that being saidI spend alot of time studing the top 100 and after that Iwatchthe waiver wire hard looking or sleepers and what not ......ff is not all that simple but keeping it as simple as I can helps .....just saying brother... oh yeah and being predictableisn't a good thing in ff....look out!!!</p>[/quote]

haha trust me i know... if this league goes flex and i get a certain pick i want - i will be dropping a bomb on the league
    [/quote] you knowlast year it came down to my first two pics they dictated the rest of my draft really.....I was drafting at ten I believe it was"second half of the order" unless one of the top rbs was there I was going wr or qb my plan was to get DB or AR in the first two rounds and a top WR...I took AR and Roddy W who didn't have a great year but alright....I'm all done telling my secrets....you sly dog you!! [/quote]

dont let me get the pick i want... i will blow this league upppppppppppp
    [/quote]

I hope you get the pick you want, I just want to see it blow up in your face, I want to see what excuses you come up with or if you decide to just drop it an not talk about it.

Also I hope we go flex and you pick 3 RB's leave better WR's up on the board and get wrecked because of it, it's funny you and me talk like we know everything because you and me have been playing the longest....but we both did pretty terrible last year (I was 6 points less then you total)

All-Pro

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]exactly daven - hence why it turns it into a running back league. What are u missing wtih this?[/quote]

My point Matt.

is that if I get the wrap around pick 2nd and 3rd and my board looks like this.

#18 Still Available WR
    #20 Still Available WR
    #26 Still Available RB

I'm going to pick the 2 Receivers.

and everyone SHOULD be doing that....if they don't and everyone hoards RB's because of some supposed RB Flex advantage then I'll rock them, sure my #2 RB might be weak, but my #1 will be good and I'll have rock solid WR's and a rock solid flex in my #3 receiver.

All-Pro

[quote user="patsrule666"]All Entry Fees to FF this year are to be mailed to yours truly, so as to save postage and handling fees...I have been scouting hard this year and spankage is on the way...lol. If my vote means anything, i vote for flex...QB 4 points is ok with me...Don't have too much right now for Shwagg but i do have a Kiwanuka Rookie Auto, Nicks Rookie, Some Ruby Randle Rookies, and a few other things.[/quote] bump..... this was a while back

All-Pro

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]12/ any suggestions?[/quote]

Yeah.

#1) ESPN
    #2) Flex
    #3) QB TD's 4 points not 6.

(And before you say It I know you meant any suggestions for new players...I just took the opportunity :P)
    [/quote]
    ESPN, every year. lol

We play Yahoo cause it keeps our stats.

I think it should be kept same as last year. QB TD's make it a more QB important league.
    [/quote] again awhile back....not sure if this is a vote for or against flex...same as last would lead one to believe no flex