Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]

YO</P>

i know i dont have a vote, cuz i wasnt in A-league last year....but, whats with this "compromise" vote??

I mean, I thought the vote was standard (3WR/2RB) vs Flex (2RB/2WR/+flex)

now call me crazy....but why would someone have voted standard if they knew that that this 2nd vote would essentially open up the SAME EXACT ****ing option. </P>

the way I see it, the flex spot already devalues RB selections cuz traditionally you want the consistency from RBs...if you have 3 WRs already, who is going to start a 4th WR in the flex spot?? nobody. These votes essentially FORCE extra RBs on your roster no matter what the decision is....</P>

[/quote]Pizz makes good sense with this one. Btw--How are we on the board today? I thought it shuts down today?[/quote]

LT+Kase+Pizz

THIS is what happened.

3WR vs 2WR=Flex was in the middle of being voted on and Matt came up with a "compromise" 3 WR + Flex

I mentioned I would like that...so what we did was we finished the 3WR vs 2WR+Flex vote...

2WR+Flex won.

then after that Matt started ANOTHER separate vote, that vote was to see if we as a league should accept the compromise Matt came up with instead of the regular 2WR+Flex that we had just decided upon.

that vote was pretty unanimous there was enough votes from the people here at the time that it was passed.*
    [/quote]</P>

wtf.....thats insane how ppl voted for both...
    2WR+flex....there's a choice...
    3WR + flex.....there's no choice what im doing with that slot....</P>

it's as if youre voting on whether or not you actually want control of your team....if you DONT....3wr + flex is the way to go...lol</P>[/quote]

you can go for the 3 RBs, but then your WRs will take a serious hit. It plays into the stats that Daven was saying yesterday (which he over exaggerated though, but the main point was correct).

You can't disregard WRs with a 3 WR flex like u can with the 2 WR flex, it has to be accounted for.

You can also use TEs as a Flex
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

and the compromise is that people wanted flex because they say its more strategic, i was against 2 WR flex because WRs and everybody can just go 3 RBs right away because WRs are so deep. Go look at some of the projected WR3s and tell me they wouldn't be just as good as WR 2s...

I would say even WR4s are pretty stacked this year
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You can't disregard WRs with a 3 WR flex like u can with the 2 WR flex, it has to be accounted for. You can also use TEs as a Flex[/quote]</P>

Let me translate what you just said here:

"You have to use a 3rd RB regardless of your original plan."</P>

because Matt, if you have 3 WR already, then there will be no players left to play, unless you happen to be extremely high on Ramses Barden this year or something. Youre really stretching for like 4th string WRs, it just aint happening.
    The only saving grace here is that teams are using more RBs....but that just means less production from individual players overall.

They shouldnt call this fantasty football, they should call it "good luck fielding a team" football. lol</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    [quote user="MattMeyerBud"]You can't disregard WRs with a 3 WR flex like u can with the 2 WR flex, it has to be accounted for. You can also use TEs as a Flex
    </P>

Let me translate what you just said here:

"You have to use a 3rd RB regardless of your original plan."</P>

because Matt, if you have 3 WR already, then there will be no players left to play, unless you happen to be extremely high on Ramses Barden this year or something. Youre really stretching for like 4th string WRs, it just aint happening.
    The only saving grace here is that teams are using more RBs....but that just means less production from individual players overall.

They shouldnt call this fantasty football, they should call it "good luck fielding a team" football. lol</P>[/QUOTE]

zang

don't quote any past quotes from the old boards or its going to come up weird

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    don't quote any past quotes from the old boards or its going to come up weird
    testing zdgvbghd

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post

Btw--How are we on the board today? I thought it shuts down today?
    LT+Kase+Pizz

THIS is what happened.

3WR vs 2WR=Flex was in the middle of being voted on and Matt came up with a "compromise" 3 WR + Flex

I mentioned I would like that...so what we did was we finished the 3WR vs 2WR+Flex vote...

2WR+Flex won.

then after that Matt started ANOTHER separate vote, that vote was to see if we as a league should accept the compromise Matt came up with instead of the regular 2WR+Flex that we had just decided upon.

that vote was pretty unanimous there was enough votes from the people here at the time that it was passed.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks for the clarification
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

NY Rangers get Rick Nash for Brandon Dubinsky and next to nothing....For all those that dont know about Rick Nash, peep the youtube vid

http://youtu.be/_WqRt1rk8uE
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

How come I can't use an avatar?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    How come I can't use an avatar?
    Because you didnt vote for Obama