All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    exactly, how could a "Dynasty" have 2 bad years Morehead...that doesn't even make sense.

they hide the truth

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post

they hide the truth

lolololololololol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    exactly, how could a "Dynasty" have 2 bad years Morehead...that doesn't even make sense.
    Happens all the time. As has been previously discussed, real sports "Dynasties" last over many, many years, usually well more than 10 and can even stretch over decades. Fake dynasties (with low standards) are 4 or 5 years with 3 championships. To me thats a good run. The Montreal canadians of the fifties thru the seventies, the Boston Celtics of the 50's and 60's, or the Yankees from the 20's thru the early sixties.
    You kids today drive me nuts!!!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Happens all the time. As has been previously discussed, real sports "Dynasties" last over many, many years, usually well more than 10 and can even stretch over decades. Fake dynasties (with low standards) are 4 or 5 years with 3 championships. To me thats a good run. The Montreal canadians of the fifties thru the seventies, the Boston Celtics of the 50's and 60's, or the Yankees from the 20's thru the early sixties.
    You kids today drive me nuts!!!
    Yea well....>Free agency happened. 40 year dynasties arent really as possible.The Yankees are still the closest thing, sorry bud. Truth hurts.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Yea well....>Free agency happened. 40 year dynasties arent really as possible.The Yankees are still the closest thing, sorry bud. Truth hurts.
    No way of knowing. The Canadians had their dynasty because of an unfair advantage in that they got the first two Canadian born draft picks every season. The Yankees, Sox and a few other teams have an advantage because they have much more money to spend because of their TV markets and MLB's unwillingness to share revenues enough to create balance. The NFL has it right with a hard cap (now the NBA too) and real revenue sharing so in the NFL its tough. The only exception might be the Pats. If they win 2 more championships in the next 3 years or so, one could argue that they are a dynasty, starting in 2000.

Hosley hurt (may not be serious) TT's injury might be very serious. Lets hope for the best.

Oh yeah...and to Scrappy and Lawl.....during the Yankees dynasty of Babe Ruth thru Mickey Mantle eras, they had seasons of 69-85....83-71....81-71...and 79-75.
    The Sox "bad seasons" were 89-73...and 90-72.

Stinks that we didnt get to keep any GreenBars like the old forums had. that was a cool feature. Instead we only get a few ranks? LAME! lol
    I dont care about post count, but I liked the feeling of all the green bars filled up lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No way of knowing. The Canadians had their dynasty because of an unfair advantage in that they got the first two Canadian born draft picks every season.
    I have never heard of that in all my years of being a hockey fan, what about the Leafs??
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    Stinks that we didnt get to keep any GreenBars like the old forums had. that was a cool feature. Instead we only get a few ranks? LAME! lol
    I dont care about post count, but I liked the feeling of all the green bars filled up lol
    f-bomb said the new rankings have to do with penis size