Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    While the Yanks were winning a WS, Ted Williams was shooting down Krouts over Europe as a fighter pilot.
    Exactly. He hated Boston so much hed rather fight in a war. Ted was the man. I think I told you Steiners has this awesome painting of him climbing into his ****pit and it had his autograph on it. I thought he fought in the Pacific, he was a marine.

All-Pro
    Actually we're starting to play better. Friggin Valentine though is killing us.
    I can see us going on a run and making it interesting.
    Mh I had a nice responce spent a fair amount of time composing it only to get timed out/logged off and lost ....I can't write it all again....good luck your team man...

I having all kinds of trouble with hanging up getting logged out while trying to make a post ....very frustrating to write something only to lose it....and the hanging up just plain pisses me off.....

Quote Originally Posted by antimorehead View Post
    Exactly. He hated Boston so much hed rather fight in a war. Ted was the man. I think I told you Steiners has this awesome painting of him climbing into his ****pit and it had his autograph on it. I thought he fought in the Pacific, he was a marine.
    You are correct. Most of his flying was actually in the Korean war.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    Mh I had a nice responce spent a fair amount of time composing it only to get timed out/logged off and lost ....I can't write it all again....good luck your team man...

I having all kinds of trouble with hanging up getting logged out while trying to make a post ....very frustrating to write something only to lose it....and the hanging up just plain pisses me off.....
    I really haven't had that problem Byron.
    Get well soon 80.

All-Pro
    I really haven't had that problem Byron.
    I don't know whats up MH I may have some malware or something going on.....I been searching the web for a new pickup maybe I got hit with something it sucks tho.....

So you are saying that the Yankees were not a dynasty from the 20's thru the early sixties. They had several mediocre seasons but the overall dominence over a long period of time is what makes them a dynasty. No team wins every year.
    My view is that there have only been a few true sports dynasties. We grasp at straws by trying to redefine greatness in todays media intense world.
    But real dynasties are actually very rare and truly exceptional.
    You guys can define it any way you want. You can put lipstick on a pig and call it Monique if you want, but its still a pig. I'm not even going to say you're all wrong because my definition is simply different that yours. Yours is a far lower standard than mine. If that gets you thru the night thats fine with me.
    In the end its all subjective. Its all opinion. There is no definate definition of a dynasty. But I will continue to honor the old scool view, because I refuse to lower standards to fit in a modern world.
    Why are you twisting MY words, when I just said that it's what YOU SAID yourself a few pages ago!!??!
    Oderint Dum Metuant

What's up guys?

Dezz still does not have access to his old account?

MH, the new avatar is not doing it for me. It looks like a dude with a wig on.

Hey Justin!! How's the dog doing down south?

[QUOTE=Morehead State;440171] The Giants have been 8-8 twice recently. It would be tough to call the Giants a true dynasty if they won 2 or 3 more in the next 10 years unless they play better than they have in the regular season. Quite honestly, what we got in 2 championships came in 2, 4 game runs in the playoffs. Both those regular seasons were very up and down.
    QUOTE]

It's what you said right here
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Any results on T2's knee mri yet? I'm thinking that he may be done before this season even get's going.