+ Reply to Thread

Thread: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

  1. #136071
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Because Matt's plan was always to have 3 WR AND flex. When I voted on the flex question, I was voting for 2 WR and a flex.
    matts plan was to never have a flex

  2. #136072
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I was voting on 2WR and flex as well Morehead, but then he came up with the "compromise" while the vote was going on, it gives us a flex while still giving him his 3WR's

    I know you don't like it, I actually do because it makes us have to go even deeper looking for players, anything that makes it more difficult to find top quality players is something I'm gonna vote for.
    and i even said we'd vote on the compromise before moorehead flip flopped like he was picking his favorite baseball team

    after last years debacle i want as little crying as possible

    and its hilarious that Pappy is asking why are we voting on everything after he was leading the tears last year, second in command to Lando

  3. #136073
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    I don't know why people keep calling it shady, he mentioned it 2 or 3 times a page for about 6-10 pages straight....just because you guys weren't paying attention to it and missed it doesn't make it shady.

    and the votes that did come in were almost unanimously for it.

    It makes the league have to dig deeper...that's a good thing in my opinion.
    lol only so much i can do daven

  4. #136074
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'd love to quote you but the friggin boards won't let me. No, Matt definately manipulated the vote but we were guilty of letting him. The problem with 3 WR's (maybe 4 with the flex) is that how a crap WR plays on a given day is more a matter of pure luck. Generally you're hoping for a few catches and if he scores thats just pure luck. I know that luck has a lot to do with FF, but you enhance the chances of luck playing a part with 3 WR's.
    I'm OK with flex because that takes some team strategy. Now a flex PLUS a 3rd WR reduces it to a crap shoot. Thats why Matt likes it, he's a bad player and when you add luck it gives him a better chance.
    i'll take screen shots on my phone and post the pictures... no more lies old man

  5. #136075
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    i disagree.. .and by your own stats of arguing about having the 2 WR flex - would prove that even more.

  6. #136076
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,483
    Quote Originally Posted by DavenIII View Post
    yeah I know what you are saying morehead, it's true that there is definitely more luck involved with 3WR-Flex then 2WR-Flex, another thing I don't like about it is in a 3WR-Flex you are almost guaranteed to have 3WR and 3RB vs in the 2WR-Flex it could be either 3WR and 2RB or 2 WR and 3RB since the RB and WR depth and points per game are almost identical (even though matt refuses to acknowledge that fact)

    with that all said, it still forces people to know more about teams if they want to get a good 3rd RB and WR you need to know which teams throw to the 3rd and 4th option more often and which teams have a 3 deep RB corps...you know what I mean? I like Fantasy Football to be determined by who knows the most about the most teams and I think the deeper you have to go to find players the more that becomes a factor.
    I disagree with this for one reason....which i've brought up a million times:

    It doesnt matter how many players you know, and how well you know teams, and their depth charts....
    In a league like ours, the only thing that matters is waiver priority. Everyone on sunday/monday night is scrambling to put in their waiver claims in hopes that someone higher than them in the order has not put a claim in for a 3rd string RB who might get a shot the following week. It really does not matter what you know, as long as you have access to the internet to know who the backups are. its a crap shoot.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  7. #136077
    Hall of Famer MattMeyerBud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    60,564
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzack View Post
    I disagree with this for one reason....which i've brought up a million times:

    It doesnt matter how many players you know, and how well you know teams, and their depth charts....
    In a league like ours, the only thing that matters is waiver priority. Everyone on sunday/monday night is scrambling to put in their waiver claims in hopes that someone higher than them in the order has not put a claim in for a 3rd string RB who might get a shot the following week. It really does not matter what you know, as long as you have access to the internet to know who the backups are. its a crap shoot.
    u just make sure you learn the term "HANDCUFF" for this year lol

  8. #136078
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    u just make sure you learn the term "HANDCUFF" for this year lol
    everyone tries to handcuff....everyone else, if they are smart, will try to prevent people from handcuffing.

    Handcuffing is normal in a 10 man league with the normal 5 bench spots....in a ****ed up league like ours, i'll be robbing the **** out of all your handcuffs =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

  9. #136079
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,637
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    and i even said we'd vote on the compromise before moorehead flip flopped like he was picking his favorite baseball team

    after last years debacle i want as little crying as possible

    and its hilarious that Pappy is asking why are we voting on everything after he was leading the tears last year, second in command to Lando
    I don't care one way or the other flip flopping shouldn't be aloud on a vote....you don't get to take your vote back out of a ballot box do you...just saying I really don't care ....but no flex had won till he changed we wouldn't even be talking about this vote had the first votes stood with nobody changing...

  10. #136080
    All-Pro JPizzack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    26,483
    Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I don't care one way or the other flip flopping shouldn't be aloud on a vote....you don't get to take your vote back out of a ballot box do you...just saying I really don't care ....but no flex had won till he changed we wouldn't even be talking about this vote had the first votes stood with nobody changing...
    hmm, thats a pretty good point. i didnt realize that lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts